Why nerf ships when you can nerf grid?

No they have mainly been replaced by aircraft carriers with support of missile destroyers and cruisers. Just FYI i live down the road from the Navy base that trains all new non officer recruits.

1 Like

if you so say so. however you are right, a titan shouldn’t be able to kill an interceptor very easily, but it should be able to. I know you think i’m talking about making titans op against everything, which is a misinterpretation of my point about doomsdays. doomsdays are meant to kill absolutely everything, even the ship using them… it’s a last resort device," you may kill me, but your all going with me", type scenario, I didn’t make that clear, and for that I apologize. Mutually assured destruction, is what a doomsday would be. Boson, gives the titan a pretty good punch against sub capitals without guns, but it prolly should be looked at for a smaller less damaging version of a point defense system, like the phalynx on the Missouri, for small ship defense.

my main point is that they can change grid to prevent excessive titans, rather than continually nerfing the ship.

So the creation of HAW guns in the first place was not a massive buff to titans, that turned out to be too good and now is getting scaled back?
It’s not like they removed HAW’s entirely from titans, which even then would only be returning it to it’s start point, which still would not be a continual nerf.
It’s not like they gave Titans Environment generators, AOE Doomsdays back, a MASSIVE EHP boost…
Oh wait, they did do all of those things. It’s almost like Titans get buffs also.

1 Like

Simple solution to prevent any more nerfs;
Deleted supers from the database.

Nah get lost

No capitals are already oppressive they don’t need buffs thanks.

Two things:

First, no. Just no. Grid-fu is real and what you’re proposing would be manipulated to no end.

Second, everyone drawing comparisons between EvE and actual, real-life naval warships just needs to stop. EvE is a game, naval warfare is real. Anyone wishing to debate or discuss naval combat tactics or ship design is welcome to EvE-mail me.

Sinking a battleship is really easy these days. Just break into the museum facility after hours where you’ll find one housed and open all the seacocks to flood the ship. Won’t sink very far probably, but it’ll sink.

(DISCLAIMER: I am not advocating trespassing, destruction of property, or any other illegal act. I am merely pointing out this situation as an example. Do not try this at home. Do no try this anywhere.)

That’s right, there are no battleships serving in any navy, anywhere, anymore. Why? Because they are far to expensive to build, operate, and maintain compared to the rather limited capability they bring to bear. If the real world were more like New Eden in terms of availability of resources for warfare, sure, maybe we’d still use battleships. But in a world actually constrained by limited resources and, more importantly, actual human life, they just don’t make sense anymore.

yea kill the game more

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.