Why Skill Points matter more than identity

@Gerard_Amatin : tell us more about skillpoints o great one

When I spend over 5000 dollar on buying plex to quickly be at the same level as a 5 year old veteran I realized that now that I was able to play with the big boys another thing was now happening in this community that I thought I could ignore which is: identity.

I had at some point 3 accounts (I now have 7 btw) with the SP problem resolved for myself with having the diminishing returns from (injecting) sp put to 3 characters instead of one. I first had to experience it myself so I build within 7 days a 120M SP @One_Ugly_Cat to find out that indeed for anything that you want to have the character do extra you will have huge diminishing returns. You blast through costs for skillbooks, large skill injectors, isk with almost no extra benefit whatsoever to being ahead yet another 10M SP or so.

Simply put when you are in the organic plus 3 years skill training club (120M SP and over) you pay your fair share like Biden would say meaning you would get fekkd by CCP’s greed.

So I had overshot my target and wasted a bunch of money discovering this. I wanted to build a reputation, an identity or a story to my adventure with one main @One_Ugly_Cat but that was gonna cost me.

Also the politics in this game are brutal, total strangers will when threatened go to great lengths to gatekeep communication channels, influence opinions and do all sorts of metagaming to find a way to compromise your gameplay. It is the reason why a lot of new comers call this gaming community toxic. These people are mostly insecure nerds stuck with in a dying game with a dwindling community.

We are Legion

I discovered that choosing one type of gameplay (solo pvp, being a pirate, yarrr :pirate_flag: ) with a rather novel specialty (lasers) was gonna resolve my skill dilemma. So I extracted all those skills again from @One_Ugly_Cat and build two other chars with the same skill profile with different specialization with @Lindse_y & @Ky_rah . All three flew a Legion well (specialization: Strategic cruiser for solo pvp) with specialization towards lasers, armor or shield, ham, drones and ecm.

I fancied the idea that all three were basically all @One_Ugly_Cat and I came up with a whole branding idea with my corporation name having 17 in it. I like the roleplay element of EVE and I was going to build a name with these girls as a space pirate.

Fast forward to today: all that stuff simply doesn’t matter, like at all for having fun in the game. These chars have been biomassed since weeks after I sucked all the SP which I call “essence” out of them. I stockpiled ISK, extractors and lots of large skill injectors once I gave up on being romantic in this game.

The character that you own to do stuff in the game is like a weapon or a tool but its identity, its personality, its name is sprung for what it does which means that the SP in her veins is what is important: in real life money talks but in EVE sp does.

The Most SP

If you wonder why Goons & The Initiative own half of nulsec it is because they own the most sp. They can wield their huge numbers at will. If you would rank all alliances in this game on SP you would find that Goonswarm with coalition The Emperium is the biggest. The game is fundamentally broken; many veterans have chars in The Emperium and other nulsec powerblocks but also in other areas of eve gameplay like Black Flag. These people have been in the game for over 20 years, are heavily invested in it’s politics and most of them look like FatBoy Slim: fat, rich and bored. They are indeed number 1 so why try harder. :grin:

Although many people on these forums want to deny me my freedoms (of opinion, of speech, using A.I. etc.) I like playing this game in a holistic kind of way. The Mittani called this meta-gameplay. I like pretending that this game is like a world I can escape into with it’s own culture, economy and so on. It is similar to chess, it’s a minds game. In this game being clever is wielding the most SP and by throwing real dollars at it you can always whale on those high sec carebears while getting drunk on a Saterday.

Some tips for those that might need it:

  • never train organically passed 3 year old chars. buy them or skill inject them and try to have multiple chars do what you wanted to do with just one. take 50 M SP as a hard limit.
  • Don’t become dependent on making ISK ingame to buy Omega time. Consider that this company made it very hard for you to play this game for free (Alpha gameplay included).
  • Never lash out or such on the forums or ingame; this will lead to permaban
  • Don’t do politics or complain to CCP/FC ever

Serial timed button pressing issue

  • Never bot or use a macro; I want to elaborate on that. Some forms of gameplay seem to involve a lot of serial timed button pressing which is often tempting to automate with a macro.

With my previous corporation called 999 Cows I intended to slowly build a large farm of Omega accounts to be minting me weekly SP. I would have to go in each account to click through them being skill extracted (500000 SP per week) into Large Skill Injectors. Eventually I would be able with a large enough farm to make the business self powering. I have 7 acounts at the moment and the serial timed button pressing is crazy and obviously something that the makers wanted to discourage players to do. There is no automation offered with any corp management, but the same holds true for any fleet operation especially at an alliance level. The game simply won’t allow you to do this or makes it very hard and not fun to do anyway. So I gave up on the farm and only have a couple of cows for a steady stream of freshly milked SP to support my gameplay style.

Although some voices on these forums are really mean spirited I hold no ill will against no anyone. I am mostly like many of you just trying to enjoy this game for what it is. I do believe that I have interesting insights and should be allowed to express them. I always hope to still inspire someone out there with my ideas although unconventional.

Lol. AI slop. Stop fake.

In your last thread you promised there would be no more whining about skill points:

Yet here you are with thread number 5 on the topic!

Isn’t this a bit much spam? Filling the body of the threads with AI-generated text and using different characters to present the same thing doesn’t really help either.

Oh god I want my reading time back…

6 Likes

Is ugly cat even a real person? I highly doubt anyone could be… Like him. I feel like this is a Google experiment LOL. I mean he did learn to start taking those long dashes out of the AI copy pasted posts… So he is learning and taking advice but only to cover up the fact that it’s all AI.

All a human has to do is analyze the logic and AI stands out very easily. A good example would be saying that the power goons and Init has is because of the SP… While ignoring the fact that it’s about the power of people and the guns in their hands along with great leadership. It’s idiotic.

Absolutely missing the forest for the trees every single time. An llm will never produce the results that you want ugly cat… It is not possible. Math dictates reality. The math dictates delusions. The emperor is actually wearing no clothes.

You need to understand the difference between llm probability calculations and deterministic math. The two are not interchangeable.

Of course you can express yourself, we just need to work on the definition of yourself first… Which is based on Physics not Mathematics, a tool cannot dictate reality.

You also started your topic with a provocation, not your smartest move.

For a gran finally, you post a lot of AI text, making people mad.

While I’m against censorship, I cannot find resources to defend you.

I guess you got one ugly cat blocked or deleted, so you started using another account. You could’ve learned something there.

If you want the good stuff, use Grok, but EVE is such a small model with little output I don’t think you going to get anything relevant.

You also missed the major point: THIS IS A GAME, I DON’T WANT TO SPEND THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY OR TIME IN IT. Take note of that last point, I used caps lock for a reason.

Assgiggler… Lol.

If you know a lot about ai and have a lot of experience with the different ones… Would you please tell me what you think each one is good with or not good with?

I actually stopped using Grok because it was so bad at what I needed then.

Slop-AI really was a monumental human mistake. What a disaster.

5 Likes

Not sure what to do with this… I’m not sure what that means. I hope it’s not harassment, you posted it yourself you don’t tolerate it.

Fret not, I don’t need reporting, just let me know how much of it do you want.

No it’s just funny… Your name is hard to pronounce so that’s what you got. When it comes to harassment I have the most powerful enemies in the game to worry about… A few forum junkies are nothing.

No, you were just caught making a mistake. You are a petty person, using too many alts to post, thinking too much of yourself. You have absolute nothing to worry about other than trying to enforce your vision on forums.



You seem like an amateur playing with toys you don’t understand fully.

The title of OP reads:

Why Skill Points matter more than identity

lol, how ironic :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not really sure what you’re referring to. I just post and ask questions. I’m not sure why you say anything you just said. Are you sure you aren’t self-reflecting?
Either way it seems a few of you guys are just here to argue. I’m not here to argue. I’m here to offer solutions and then move forward. It doesn’t matter to me if you read it or you block me. If you don’t appreciate what I post you are more than welcome to press the block button. Please.

Points don’t generally matter more than identity. They are simply easier to measure, compare, and reward.

In systems like games, grades, loyalty programs, or Reddit reviews, points act as a standardized signal: they show what someone accomplished according to the system’s rules. Identity is broader and more personal, but it usually isn’t what that particular system is designed to evaluate.

Hope this answers the question.

Fly safe o7

1 Like

..yawn… yawn…yawn…

1 Like

An Alpha char in a frigate with the right history, reputation and connections built over a lifetime (all part of his “identity”), can conquer empires. You can’t buy the power of having lived a good EVE life with any amount of SP or money.

It depends entirely on how you spend the SP. I have numerous modifications to my ships as I get more SP and especially as I discover new modules and fittings. Having 120m SP is pointless if you are flying a bad fit. In that sense, there is advantage to a slow and steady accumulation…as it gives time to experiment. Just plonking 120m SP on someone doesn’t do that. They’ll simply have Advanced Level V Bad Fittings.

1 Like

TLDR.

Why did you bother to read it? Are you a masochist or something? :eyes:

:thinking: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :ccpguard:

Maybe people should fight AI with AI, only responding to OP by posting AI replies without reading OP’s posts nor the replies they themselves post in response. Just let OP an its AI argue against another AI without any human ever reading their stuff. :thinking:

:smirking_face: :blush: :popcorn:

4 Likes

3 Likes