Why You Should Run for the CSM

So I asked my 28 year old nephew what he thought of his couple of weeks playing Eve. He said he bailed out in the first couple of hours.

I know why.

Attention Deficit Syndrome

So I am announcing my CSM candidacy on the ADD Accommodation platform. (ADDA Boy). My platform demands CCP grab new players by the nuts, swing them around the room, throw them through the window and hit them with silver spray paint. All while playing Deorro’s Five Hours.

I know that we’re all thoughtful, intellectual gankers, scammers, and ‘space tyrants’ (effing Mittani) but that’s what it takes it keep the short attention spanned Twitter junkies occupied. Once they’re hooked, then we bore them to death.

Looking for your vote! Can I count on it? (probably not)

If I were to run for the CSM, I would poke everyone to use the forums as official communication platform.
Things like those new age hipster platforms are for raging teenagers and most people I know are too old for those.
My primary concern is module and ship balance and the cost of living.

I’m looking to run for CSM either next election or my suspected last chance in 2018.

also have a Alpha clone rep!

With 10 seats why not hold seats for blocs representing Eve’s player community. 2 seats for Null, 2 seats for LOW, 2 seats for HI, 2 seats for FW, 2 seats for Industry or something along those lines. It’s pretty easy to determine where in Eve somebody actually fits into the spectrum.

Voting may gain some more participation since people would ostensibly vote for those running for their bloc. In this way it sort of acts like a party based system since the various activities in Eve do not have the same political objective (in game play anyway).

Someone might do industry in high, reactions in low, have a FW alt, and a couple of capital alts in a null alliance. Where do they fit in the spectrum?
If alts weren’t a thing you might have a point, but they are.

2 Likes

There are currently reps from WH, Null, HS & LS in the CSM.

WH’s are represented by Noobman
Lowsec is represented by Rhiload (and in some capacity by myself & Suitonia, as we solo PvP in Lowsec a lot)
HS is represented by Steve Ronuken (and in a weird way Aryth, as he’s one of the major HS industrialists in the game)
Nullsec is represented by the other candidates, although they all have their specialties (Yukiko is in touch w/ the new player demographic, Innominate is a major 3rd party advocate, etc.)

If you do not like the composition of the CSM, you have an opportunity to change it in the upcoming popular elections, where everyone is eligible to vote. I do not think adding more complexity to the system and arbitrarily limiting who can run by where they play (when that has such a minute impact on the overrarching topics of things like balance).

I also do not think a CSM without myself, Suitonia & Aryth would be better than the one it is now, and making it so that only two of us could be elected seems questionable.

2 Likes

Hahahahaahaha! Nice one!!!

1 Like

ecks dee the votes are rigged because the majority of people who vote don’t agree with me

2 Likes

CSM Summit Notes, Page 40

Quote "
The CSM then voted again, focusing on the top 5 issues from the initial voting process. Top 5 Votes and breakdown:
• Nullification 7 votes
• Wardecs 7 votes
• FW 6 votes
• Fatigue 5 votes
• Dedicated balance team 5 votes
"

Keep working up through the list Jin.

When its finished then I might start to believe the CSM is more than just a means for large capital blob entities to remove mechanics it finds inconvenient.

1 Like

There have, in the past two patches, been good iterative balance changes. Say what you will, but I call that some measure of success. The trick will be in keeping it up.

How’s this patch going?

At least the cloaky campers are gone, right?

:slight_smile:

Forum thread is almost 2,000 angry comments.

Did a citadel survey today.

Still no ability to tax ore compression.

Still no separate ACL for compression vs refining

Blueprint locking is a plus, but now if a citadel is blown up having to pay %0.05 of the blueprint portfolio at a minimum is unpleasant. If a blueprint stash is valued at a trillion ISK because of “insert CCP market logic” those blueprints aren’t ever coming out of asset safety. Not that its really fun to unlock 1,000 blueprints out of the station with the current state of voting.

Citadel’s still give no reduced vulnerability benefit to a sovereignty holder, or penalty to a hostile citadel’s vulnerability.

Fortizars only lock out to 409 KM and a carrier can do 4,000 KM.

Can’t lock down a citadel like a blueprint to stop transfers in the middle of the night by rogue directors residing in island nations full of convicts.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.