Commander Shepard Brotherhood for CSM19

Im just one of the people in GSF. Im not a CSM member that has any space job, high ranking position in any alliance. I just play the game to fly spaceships and have fun. I like being able to have pvp content at any point of the day in any timezone.

I have no objectives, I have a concept of a plan. I have no old vet income. Im no alliance director. I just want to encourage more fun in my internet spaceship video game.

I want to come home from work and go shoot ■■■■. But i also want to fly dumb fits and have fun doing so. I just want to encourage more fun content for the health of the game and players like me. One of the people.

2 Likes

@commander_Shepard_Brotherhood Do you support hiring (EVE Vanguard) Warclone Mercenaries as an attack/defense vector in Capsuleer conflicts? Like attacking/defending Planetary Infrastructure, Skyhooks/POCOs and Upwell Structures?

As a CSM would you try and pitch for CCP to make stack multi-split (splitting a stack of items into multiple stacks of same size in one go instead of just on split at a time) happen?

O7 Commander Shepard Brotherhood,

Last year I asked eight questions and then compiled the answers into a huge mega-thread. It was massive. With the exception of MILINT_ARC_Trooper, no one had a thread bigger than mine, to be fair MILINT_ARC_Troopers’ thread was so weighty and knowledgable it teetered on the edge of collapsing into its’ own core.

That catalogue of replies is now a time-capsule and encapsulated within are the hopes and disappointments that CSM 18 candidates considered worth speaking about during the year of EVE’s 20th anniversary.

The responses gave voters en masse an opportunity to test and compare each hopeful CSM 18 candidates commitment to their claims of being community oriented, knowledgable, responsive and representative of player values. Given that the CSM does not directly control any aspect of EVE’s development and that the successful candidates are those that can identify existing and future consequences, co-operate with other CSM members, and communicate issues -from a player perspective- to CCP staff one-to-one, I’ve formulated a set of questions designed to seperate the compressed ORE from the Long-Limb Roes in this years election race.

Year-on-year the Independent Representatives, Solo players with single accounts, Worm Holers, Triangle People, Semi-nomadic Role-Playing Sandbox Explorers, and Salvagers, have been organising and gaining traction against the self-secure Null-Bloc Empire Candidates and their vast hordes of leather-skinned, evil, flying-monkeys. More-and-more players are choosing to vote in members they believe can positively impact CCP’s approach to the game regardless of their in-game affiliations.

Exposure matters, who are you, what is your clue?
As was the process last year I will post each candidates reply in a super thread, first-in first-served.

This years questions:

1. What ONE identifiable consequence requires CCP’s attention?

2. What PROVABLE evidence can you supply to support your belief in this situation?

3. What practical, and balanced change can be made to support a solution if any?

4. What support do your observations have from other CSM candidates?

5. How will you present your findings to CCP?

If you have already identified and spoken about a problem in your CSM candidacy bio at the top of this thread feel free to copy pasta that response where applicable. I’ll copy paste directly from your response to this post. Choose your goblet…. wisely.

Let the games begin, and may the odds ever be in your favour.

Hey Elinore,

On the topic of Eve Vanguard, Personally I think while that would be really neat, that the CSM’s main focus is on Eve Online itself and really pushing for the improvement of the game in its current state with the spaceship portion of the universe. But Vanguard could be neat down the road if they make it a good shooter at its core first. Would have preferred if they tried to do Dust 514 again though. I would recommend more focus time being out into Eve Online, but in the long run I think it would be really need to see a fully integrated FPS module that could also support wars and fights in Eve Online itself.

For splitting stacks thats 100% something I would suggest. Especially when managing my inventory sometimes i want to split a stack into 4th’s and being able to do that in 2 button clicks would be fantastic.

1 Like

Im commander Shepard Brotherhood, super long name, i didnt know what I was doing when i first played. Or you can call me Michael. My favorite thing to do in Eve is honestly just flying cool spaceships and getting fat kills. I love black ops gameplay, dreadnaughts, HAW, dreads, etc. Sometimes i like to just relax and do some missions or ratting.

Im really not known at all in the Eve community except for really the group that I fly with thats about it. Figured I would apply cuz it would be a fun thing to part of, and I care about keeping this game going for the long run, I want more players in the game playing, and to bring those player numbers up, not from alts, from more individual humans.

1. What ONE identifiable consequence requires CCP’s attention?
    One Consequence that I think requires CCP action is ISK generation and equity that encourages more and more multiboxing to get rich quick schemes(Here me out). Which really impacts the solo player or those who dont have 10 Accounts.

2. What PROVABLE evidence can you supply to support your belief in this situation?
    I say this because as someone with multiple accounts, I cant ever see myself playing Eve again with less than how many I have. It feels as it has become mandatory at this point, especially for ISK making. Newer players or less well off players in Null or even high sec, have a much more limited way to generate ISK. They cant CRAB(needs cyno alt and fax alt), They cant do WH garrisions, need scout alts, and rolling alts etc. They can do Poch, but cant compete with the guy with 20 Vargurs. (Im not saying you shouldnt be able to do 20 Vargurs Llama :slight_smile: )
    What I want to point at is that person with only a couple characters or just the 1 want to rat, They are directed to just Ishtar spinning, doing some lvl 4 missions, poch(high skill gap), fillaments, some more. But not everyone wants to log in and just rat in their Ishtar all day in the hours they have. the next is Stormbringer ratting, or mach smartbombs, which require more characters. obviously newer players and those with 1 account wont make as much as those with more, but i think that there is a change here that can be fixed, make soloing Havens have a little better income. Address the ability for bots to easily ishtar spin as well. The gap between Poch and null ratting with just 1 character is massive.
    Then there is my opinion on what scarcity did to the game, the rich got richer and those that werent rich got mostly left in the dust. I loved being to just lose ships and feel it that it sucked, but not think welp there goes my wallet to replace it.

3. What practical, and balanced change can be made to support a solution if any?
    Honestly, finding a way to make ISK generation in null for solo account players better, make more activities accessible to solos all around new eden, High sec, low and null. And then make these activities generate better isk. Not at all be on Par with poch or super CRAB beacons, but something that lets players actually catch up reasonably.
    Missions need to be completely reworked and fixed, this is the first thing new players see when playing. And the ISK made from that is laughable, Its better to just immediately go to null after some initial skill training and run sites in a vexor. especially Lvl 1-3 missions are just a complete joke. Lvl 4 needs a good bump as well.
    Then what else is needed is some more solo content all around that doesnt need more characters to be efficient at and lets some players actually see it as a way to eventually afford something they want.

4. What support do your observations have from other CSM candidates?
    I have actually not talked or looked at many of the other CSM candidates overall, other than Ankh Li, Who is very much more the betterment of the new player experience and I want my thoughts to be in line with what he is saying as well. The NPE should be much better and Isk generation and better newer and solo content can help with that.

5. How will you present your findings to CCP?
    If I am on CSM I will go about it by expressing my thoughts and evidence to support, I do not know the proper way of presenting ideas on CSM as I have not been on it before, but I will learn the proper way to approach it.

1 Like

Pew Pew

Me too.

Cool

Yes

This is EXACTLY what I ended up doing when I first started. And now I just solo lvl 4 missions in hi-sec as a way to wind down after work and you’re right the presentation and rewards from this content suck. I’m working for an in-game NPC corporation and there’s no chance I’ll ever make any money from it.

As a player who prefers to use just one account, I’m really glad to have read your reply.

Good Luck!