When I am playing Eve in Windowed Mode or Fixed Windowed mode, my game keeps crashing when I switch to the taskbar and start Chrome. There does not seem to be an issue when the game is in full-screen mode.
That’s some odd behavior. I did find some threads troubleshooting similar behavior, but nothing exactly like yours. So, this is kind of a stab in the dark. First things first, however, I recommend filing a support ticket in order to get in line.
- Disable VSync globally through your video card’s control panel.
- Disable XBox Game Bar and Windows Game Mode (start → Settings → Gaming → Xbox Game Bar | Game Mode → First Toggle Box in each Category)
- Use DDU to uninstall your graphics card driver then reinstall it.
- Run Game in DX9 (Eve Launcher → Settings → Game Client → Run game clients with Directx 9)
Generic Troubleshooting Tips (If you get desperate)
- Check your CPU, GPU, and RAM utilization in task manager in order to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary (i.e. excessively high usage).
- Make sure you’re drivers are up to date (especially video card and chipset). I possible, get them from the original manufacturer (i.e. asus and nVidia) versus the system builder (i.e. dell and HP).
- Run a memory test.
- Run a HD test (get it from your HD manufacturer)
- clear the cache (I recommend backing up your cache first so that you can restore you client settings if it doesn’t work).
- Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall and reinstall Eve.
- Set everything to stock if overclocked
- Reinstall windows
And please come back and tell us how you managed to resolve this issue. Might help the next guy with the same problem.
Thanks for the reply. I am going to give your changes a try.