Widowed Mode Crashing System with Switching to Chrome

When I am playing Eve in Windowed Mode or Fixed Windowed mode, my game keeps crashing when I switch to the taskbar and start Chrome. There does not seem to be an issue when the game is in full-screen mode.

That’s some odd behavior. I did find some threads troubleshooting similar behavior, but nothing exactly like yours. So, this is kind of a stab in the dark. First things first, however, I recommend filing a support ticket in order to get in line.

• Disable VSync globally through your video card’s control panel.
  • Disable XBox Game Bar and Windows Game Mode (start → Settings → Gaming → Xbox Game Bar | Game Mode → First Toggle Box in each Category)
  • Use DDU to uninstall your graphics card driver then reinstall it.
  • Run Game in DX9 (Eve Launcher → Settings → Game Client → Run game clients with Directx 9)

Generic Troubleshooting Tips (If you get desperate)

• Check your CPU, GPU, and RAM utilization in task manager in order to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary (i.e. excessively high usage).
  • Make sure you’re drivers are up to date (especially video card and chipset). I possible, get them from the original manufacturer (i.e. asus and nVidia) versus the system builder (i.e. dell and HP).
  • Run a memory test.
  • Run a HD test (get it from your HD manufacturer)
  • clear the cache (I recommend backing up your cache first so that you can restore you client settings if it doesn’t work).
  • Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall and reinstall Eve.
  • Set everything to stock if overclocked
  • Reinstall windows

And please come back and tell us how you managed to resolve this issue. Might help the next guy with the same problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I am going to give your changes a try.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.