Windows 11 Eve crash "game client assigned has closed unexpectedly"

Has a fix or workaround been deployed for this Windows 11 issues? It’s been 3 months since the OP and I am still having the same issue as described.

I was rather frustrated last night while attempting to come back to the game after some years and finding my brand new laptop running Windows 11 couldn’t launch this game- same thing: "game client assigned…has closed unexpectedly. Tried a whole bunch of things (installing it in different places, running it through Steam, changing graphics drivers, etc.). Some people have said turning off auto HDR, but that option isn’t there for me.

But finally stumbled on something that worked, and had to come back and post since this thread seems to be one of the top results when searching for this problem My laptop is an MSI, and in MSI Center there’s a “GPU Switch” option, which basically seems to be a software-controlled GPU mux. Switched it from “MSHybrid Graphics Mode” to “Discrete Graphics Mode” and rebooted, and it finally worked! So maybe something about the way Windows 11 tries to control assignment of whether to use the Intel integrated graphics or the discrete NVidia card is the problem. (In Windows 11, it seems that the NVidia Control Panel is no longer what controls this, but a Windows settings screen.) This method in MSI Center obviously wouldn’t be exactly what you need to do if you aren’t running an MSI laptop, but if you have some other way of forcing only the discrete GPU to be used, hopefully that will work for you as well.

2 Likes

Thank, change in msi center MSHybrid with Discrete Graphics work for me.

Just, in not windows 11 the problem, i’m a msi laptop with windows 10.

Go back to 10 whilst you can… Official launch was Oct 5…

1Windows 11 delivers the best Windows ever for gaming](Windows 11: The Best Windows Ever for Gaming - Xbox Wire) and unlocks the full potential of your system’s hardware with technology like DirectX12 Ultimate, DirectStorage and Auto HDR. With Xbox Game Pass for PC or Ultimate you get access to over 100 high-quality PC games to play on Windows 11 for one low monthly price. (Xbox Game Pass sold separately.)

I still haven’t installed it on any pc, but I was wondering how the automatic update works if one would install with the non TPM 2.0 method… I have some serious doubts it could work if MS is not endorsing it and untill mid 2022 I don’t see it happening… if ever… all security update will be based on the new TPM 2.0… so what about other updates if the OS won’t download the newest version every time?

One would have to reinstall from scratch the new version…? Just a guess…
If somone finds a workaround, I bet one would be this just mentioned…

try playing in the browser while windows 11 gets figured out. I know its not a fix but a bandaid

My Windows 11 is receiving updates.
Fisrt thing I did was launching EVE and it worked
at first try.
Stiil evaluating the migration to W11, but it seems ok.

So forget the last post about go back to Windows 10.
:_

FYI I am using a secondary SD, not my main Win 10 SD.
I just bought a new one and evauating the new OS there.

I can switch between the two no prob.

Hi. I switched to Windows 11 3 weeks ago, and Eve ran just fine and still is. Over 100fps. However, two boxing is absolutely abysmal now. Slideshow-fest on whichever client I am not using. (I use two monitors). I also have an MSI motherboard. Can you tell me where this “MSI Center” is? in BIOS? I will take a look around I guess. Thanks for your post.

Dray

EDIT: After doing some research, there seems to be a lot of negative things said about this application, namely bloatware and reducing your internet speeds. I will look for other alternatives.

Thank you kindly, this did the trick on a new computer. o7, and fly safe

Cedar C

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.