Wine Eve Launcher stuck on spinning CCP logo

I installed Eve using Lutris script for DXVK + ESYNC from EVE Online - Lutris using the Lutris launcher. This used to work fine for me, however this time after the Eve launcher does all its updates etc it gets stuck at the spinning CCP logo.

The error message in the terminal I get is this:

[384:388:0731/161819.051:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(157)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8

One suggestion I’ve seen is to enable Wine to create raw sockets without root access. Doing this allows the CCP networking diagnostics tool to ping the various CCP resources, but the problem above still persists.

I’ve also tried installing wine-staging and installing DXVK on my system and telling Lutris to use that instead (which also used to work fine) but no cigar either. Additionally I’ve double checked that my firewall isn’t blocking anything (all outgoing allowed and other apps work fine).

My system is an up-to-date Manjaro Linux. I used to use Arch where it was previously working before just fine.

Looks like I solved this by installing the following package from the AUR:

lib32-ncurses5-compat-libs

The error still occurs in the logs however the Eve launcher lets me log in now and runs the game fine.

I am experiencing the same issue. I have installed lib32-ncurses5-compat-libs but still no cigar with either lutris install (tried both of the newest ones). Opening settings and closing them shows the Log In button, but clicking it reverts to the spinning CCP logo.

Not quite sure what to do, but I do get (in the wine console) an error message:

SetProcessDPIAwareness failed. (Access denied)

every time I try to click on the Log In button, shortly after the spinning CCP logo

For me, lib32-gnutls solved the issue. And lib32-vulkan-icd-loader for the DXVK version.

I’m running off wine 5.17-1 (Arch) with the same issue. Tried Mia’s approach and it didn’t fix it. Tzervo’s approach did fix it. I have a login screen now. Thanks!

There is an eve installer in the AUR for arch: AUR (en) - evesetup
It didn’t worked for me because my graphics card is just one generation too old to support vulkan. I got eve to work on arch by using wine-valve. When only using wine I could install eve but the launcher gave me no option to log in. Also for some reason I had to install wine and then wine-valve. Anyways, after installing wine/wine-valve follow the instructions on WineHQ - EVE Online Current :

1. Create new 64-bit wine prefix.

2. Run winecfg. Set the environment to Windows 10.

3. Install corefonts with winetricks.

4. Download the latest Visual C++ Runtime packages. * note below *

5. Install Visual C++ Runtime packages.

6. Install the latest DXVK package. This is optional. The launcher and game both work just fine using Gallium/OpenGL built into Mesa.

7. Run the latest EVE Online installer for Windows.

The commands for that are:

1. env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_eve wineboot --init
  2. env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_eve winecfg
  3. env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_eve winetricks corefonts
  4. env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_eve wine vc_redist.x86.exe and
    env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_eve wine vc_redist.x64.exe
  5. I skipped that.
  6. env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_eve wine EveLauncher-1796697.exe

I hope this might help people who have trouble to install. Btw EVE-O Preview works too if you install .NET 4.6.2 and set compatibility mode true in the EVE-O configuration file.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.