Wormhole Resolver

A small, lightweight, ultra-fast, working locally tool for getting instant information about wormholes and wormhole systems

Program shows wormhole attributes on top of the game interface switched into windowed (“Window” or “Fixed Window”) mode, when detects wormhole code or wh-system name in сlipboard.

Wormhole attributes: code, destination, life time, total and jump mass;
WH-system attributes: class, effects, static wormholes attributes;

You can select “copy” option in context menu of current system label or on chat message with system linked, or select bookmark in “People & Places” window and press “Ctrl+C”, or in any way put wormhole code in the clipboard, like E545 or E062…

By default, the program displays information for 10 seconds, then hides its window. This interval as well as the transparency can be configured through the settings file. Also, there is a pin-button which prevent hiding behavior. Program window can be dragged with the mouse and remember last position.

Transparency and pop-up interval can be changed through settings file: %AppData%\Roaming\Skatech\Wormhole Resolver\Settings;

Opacity=XX	- opacity percentage, default value 33
Timeout=X	- pop-up interval in seconds,  default value 10

Note that the program is a standard Windows application that communicates with the game via clipboard and displays on top of other applications. No hacks, code injections and other prohibited techniques.

This is a debug evaluation version you can use at your own risk. Program does not contain any functionality other than that stated above, but may contain errors. Author will be grateful for any feedback and reports about errors found.

Program requires .NET Framework v4.0 or higher.

Download link (MD5: a20365f0993eafc195674204dba3b496)

2 Likes

indeed…

why not used either local chatlog to get the current system, or esi position path ?

Because it’s more convenient for me. I want to receive information about the systems I need at the moments I need, not about the systems I enter, at the moments I enter.

1 Like

makes sense. Is there a way to get the wormhole name? eg k162 tells you it’s the wh entry.

At the moment program ignores k162 wormhole code because there is no useful information associated with it. But program recognizes other wormhole codes, and provides reference information for them.

yeah but like, telling you this is the static and it leads to X with size Y (while those are visible from the color in potato mode they are no more)

Sorry, but I want to keep this program as small and simple as possible. No network connections, analysis of logs or colors of wormholes, guessing where they lead and other “telepathic battles”.

1 Like

it was just a suggestion :slight_smile: of course you do as you much, and KISS is a good practice.

1 Like

Chrome, not my scanner “suggested” the zip is Dangerous, never seen chrome do that before. at the same time being experienced the code offers nothing new. probably a good program for people who need to take notes or repeatedly need to look the types up on line.

I can only guarantee that in the archive with the hash sum corresponding to the specified there is a program that I built from my own sources, which does not contain any other functionality than that stated above.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.