WOW! Just....WOW!

Doesn’t matter if you are not cloaked. Your DST brick needs ages to get into warp. Plenty of time to lock and kill you. We explained to you multiple times, how and why, but you are still playing the whiny victim, and deny the fact, that you messed up, nobody else.

They were stealth bombers. Missiles take time to reach their target. If you fire a missile at a target that subsequently dies in highsec before your missiles hit, you still get CONCORDed.

No, Kusion got a 50%/50% chance at your 1.7B ISK in loot for less than 600M ISK. It was a smart play statistically which the loot fairy dice roll didn’t come up in his favour this time. Plus he got another juicy killmail for his collection, and some more notoriety from this thread. These are some of the pretty standard reasons people gank.

It’s only a 60 second clip, but ok, you are a busy man.

Here is a screenshot then:

This is near the end of him clicking through about 24 clients in about 8 seconds. You can pre-load and pre-activate everything and just then start shooting with a single action, plus use fleet warp to move them around without interacting with each client at all. So as the game is now, it is pretty easy to shoot with 3 clients per second, which given differences in range and the travel time and alpha of missiles, means you would be barraged by a pile of missiles grouped over just a few seconds. Ok, he makes it look easy, but it actually takes quite a bit of practice, and some level of talent splitting awareness.

While he does need a nice machine to do that, the accounts are paid for by the drops from the overloaded and inattentive haulers he is spear-fishing for. As you can see from his killboard, he has harvested probably almost 100B from his PvP opponents, and given a good perfect ganking alt needs less than a year of training, he can also extract and sell the trained SP from the alts to subsidize the cost of operating so many accounts, just like the industrialists and other farmers do for their operations.

This is all above board: it’s just what end-game level piracy in Eve looks like under the current rules. It’s pretty easy to outplay ambush pirates and players so reliant on multiboxing once you know the game. There is no shame in losing because you didn’t know the game or being outplayed by a better skilled, more experienced, or better equipped opponent. That’s how games work. The shame is in making the same mistake again and again, or possibly, complaining that the rules should be changed and rewritten in your favour because it was possible for you to lose, or even accusing your opponent of cheating because you lost and you can’t, or won’t try to understand why.

And that last one is a pretty scrub thing to do.

3 Likes

Damn. Sorry for your loss. When I first started out way back in 2008, I lost 1b in a high-sec gank. I was still new, but made lots of ISK just trading between hubs in my Iteron. I was alpha’d by a single Typhoon, if I remember correctly.

I rage-quit for a week, and tried other MMOs like Runescape. But the lure of danger never felt the same and I came back to Eve.

Hope you don’t take the loss too hard. Eve rewards perseverance (and creativity).

2 Likes

Where have I said the rules should be changed in my favor?

And the “bot” button is there for a reason. It’s up to CCP to decide whether it is warranted or not. If the man is clean, then no worries on his part…right?

Besides, what he does on the video may not be necessarily what he does when off camera.

The current MMO market is in awful state. I was never really into WOW.

The improvements that CCP have made to EVE have made me stay longer and longer. This is probably the longest I have stuck it out. I want the game to be playable based on in-game information and mechanics. I dont want to rely on outside websites for information on business transactions, dangerous areas, current kills and such. If the makers of those sites can access the data needed for such information, then surely CCP could implement the same internally.

You started a whole thread asking for that:

Indeed. File your petition and ask CCP to double-check things if it gives you piece of mind. I’m sure the Kusion family is one of the most petitioned players in the game, to the point there probably is a filter filters tickets with his name and provides the “suicide ganking is an intended mechanic” form letter directly to the GM who gets the ticket to reply with.

That’s fine. The scrubby part is loudly accusing a fellow player of cheating because you lost an imaginary space ship in a video game.

So the Features and Ideas Section is just there for show?

I cant input any ideas without it going by your first?

That subsection is there for players to share and discuss ideas to improve the game. It’s not there for players to post self-interested suggestions to tilt the game in their favour immediately after they suffer an in-game loss.

It’s fine. Such butthurt-motivated posts are transparent to everyone, including CCP. They aren’t at all productive to develop the game, but I guess on the bright side they do force discussion of why the game works the way it does which could help newer players.

Well, the forum software is reminding me to stop bickering with you. So I will.

This how Eve has been forever… When I started in '08 there was the heavy reliance on out of game tools firmly in place.
This is just how Eve is. I can not image it changing now. Thats not to say that CCP does not bring popular third party tools into game. I know it’s happened before, but I cant think of an example off the top of my head.

Players with talent are going to see needs and create tools to fill them faster than CCP is going to. Just the way it is.

1 Like

I could understand you would ask those questions in your first post if this is all new to you, but the fact that you’re still asking them after 70+ posts in this thread and all the info you’ve been given, clearly shows you’re more interested in whining than in learning how you could have avoided being caught.

Not saying you’re not interested in the latter too, just that it’s clearly not what you’re most interested in.

What I quoted above from a previous post (and similar comments in other posts I won’t bother to look up and quote) proves otherwise, which makes me wonder… Is it that you’re not even aware of what you’re saying, or is it that the concept of presenting yourself as a victim means to you something different than it means to most of us?

1 Like

Why on earth would he use a botting program and risk getting everything banned, when he’s already PROVED he can do it perfectly legitimately ?

Excuse me, your butthurt is showing…

1 Like

EFT comes to mind.

You would think that is a no-brainer but how long did it take CCP to implement a fitting simulator in game?

Players with talent are going to see needs and create tools to fill them faster than CCP is going to. Just the way it is.

Because CCP is/was poorly managed. The Captain’s Quarters debacle is an example. Wasted time and resources on World Of Darkness which never came about and lets not forget about the now defunct Dust514. Instead of gimmicks to make a quick buck, focus on your baby that started it all…EVE Online. Third party tools are but examples of what is missing in the game. Take note, EVE designers.

I refuse to accept the “that’s just the way it is” reasoning. It’s ineptitude at its finest.

I answer each post individually. So if 100 people say the same thing, I will repeat myself 100 times. It’s not whining, it’s answering each each post as they come.

Why on earth continue to do something the hard way off camera when you have already set up your alibi for the world to see via video?

Excuse me, your naiveté is showing…

I think at this point it’s clear that the OP is only looking to complain and whine instead of improving himself and getting better at the game. I don’t think anyone is going to be able to convince him otherwise since he seems so deadset on just whining.

1 Like

Agreed, it’s a shame. There was some sign of hope, but now we just have another troll.

1 Like

Whether you reply to each post individually or not and how many people say the same thing has absolutely nothing to do with whether what you say in each of those replies is whining or not.

The whining is what you specifically say in each of those replies, not how many times you say it. You totally ignored and dodged the fact that what I specifically quoted about one of your replies proves that you were indeed presenting yourself as a victim even after 70+ posts in this thread.

And the way you just replied to me proves that it’s not that presenting yourself as a victim means to you something different than it means to most of us. It’s that you’re not and don’t want to be aware of what you’re saying…

Who said I haven’t improved by the advice given in this thread? And what is there to convince me of? That anomalies like 18+account players exist? Well, I know that now and will be looking out for them.

When You Resort To Name Calling, You’ve Lost The Argument