WTF? Impersonation? Really?

Removed GM communication. -ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

How is naming a character “Hypernet - Relay” impersonation?

muhahahahahaha :slight_smile:
And the ban comes for disclosing the scripting communication with CCP :smiley:

Generic script is…well, generic. Burn Jita!!! :fire::firecracker::fire::fire_extinguisher::fire_engine:

HyperNet Relay is and “entity” within a game, scheduled to be released in december’s update.

What You did there is equivalent to me making a character named “Jita 4-4 Caldari Navy Assembly”

But I supposed You already know that and this thread is just for sheer trolling.
(I refuse to aknowledge You were this stupid to not know that by now)

4 Likes

Pot, meet kettle. You can name yourself Drake of Jita 4-4 if you like. Can a person impersonate a structure? Really?

2 Likes

to quote directly from Your own post:

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Again, Can a person impersonate a structure or “entity”? And, if they could…would you talk to them?

I wish I had a cool name like you.

1 Like

Yes, and both are an equally idiotic interpretation of the “no impersonation” policy. Nobody is going to get confused and try to dock at a character so the reference is 100% harmless. Same thing here, nobody is going to think that a character is the F2P cash shop market.

1 Like

Don’t kink shame. Thats rude.

4 Likes

I don’t see how you can be impersonating a “relay” or a “Hypernet”. I mean, if you could be shown to be impersonating either of those then surely CCP would be guilty under its own definitions of impersonating the X-Wing, Bird of Prey, Tie Fighter etc etc etc with some of their ships? Or maybe they now own “relay”? Hmmm… Maybe they just did this as a stupid and childish attempt to “put down” someone with a valid point to make about how they are acting like leeches with regards to preying on addiction in order to make a quick buck?

Also, I laugh at their warnings when they turn up - they ACTIVELY encourage scamming, lying, cheating etc and they want to try to have a problem with someone’s language or name?

The massive hypocrisy is real.

2 Likes

The theory is that scamming should be about social engineering and persuading someone to do something against their best interest, not about making a character with a visually similar name and hoping that the EVE font is ambiguous enough that the victim doesn’t notice the difference. The problem is when this reasonable policy gets unreasonably extended to cover stuff where there is no plausible argument for confusion, as in the case of the OP’s name.

2 Likes

Sad, I was planning scam contracts with a similar name. I guess you beat me to exploiting. Probably your first strike or they would have taken everything you have…

2 Likes

Exactly!

Enjoy your ban.

Cuck much?

ISDFight

1 Like

This is a false and incorrect myth repeated by people who don’t know what they’re talking about. Just fyi.

1 Like