"YOUR OWN MINING EMPIRE HyperNet ORCA" Spam

Well yes, but you’re whining about something that isn’t going to change, either get used to adding people to your block list or just ignore the local tab, because whining isn’t going to get you anything when you’re not a whale or part of the majority

1 Like

LOL. How am I whining? I’m basically saying the exact same thing you just said, that this isn’t something we can make CCP change because they don’t care, so we have to either get used to it or simply quit playing if we happen to find it unacceptable having to deal with that crap…

Ignoring local isn’t an option for me, at all, so for me (and many others) it’s either get used to block each of those bots one by one each and every day or quit playing altogether. That’s all I’m saying. How is that whining?

1 Like

Even if you just pass through a tradehub, so you’re just there for 30-45 seconds, you still get the message. Any tradehub, any time of the day.

It’s simply not possible for that to NOT be a bot.

2 Likes

You do know you can literally BLOCK any character from ever showing up in your chat again… right??

Spend 5 min in Jita blocking the spammers and you’d be amazed how fast it all goes away.

It’s a new character every day, in all locations.

Evading and avoiding blocks like that might actually be a TOS issue but not sure. At the very least it’s super annoying.

1 Like

The blocklist is limited, that is why the spammers cycle new accounts/characters to avoid the block mechanism. At least that explains the low retention rate. The “millions of potential players” are most likely fresh spambots.

They’ve heard you - its in the patch notes. You came to the forums and now they’re going to change a core game feature for you.

To be fair, irl you’re bombarded with bullsheet ads. This game is all about realism. Learn to ignore, even without the block button. It’ll help you in game And irl.

Even the message telling you it’s a scam is, in some fashion, a scam.

1 Like

Ahh the hypernet, another example of the failure of this development team.

1 Like

This whole thread is about shutting up ads. Are you sure you’re in the correct topic?
You seem to fail to grasp that you’re effectively having a private conversation in local. The fact that other people chime in isn’t a case against my comment.
Scrolling up is great. Your whining was pointed out by other people before I ever got involved. Are you able to differentiate between people responding to your lunacy?
“Waaaaaaa ccp doesn’t care about us”…

I will restate so you understand my point.
Every day, all day people are bombarded with ads. Be it on your phone, your favorite social media, YouTube, radio, billboards, signs, and even from people you know or admire.
You learn to ignore it, but that doesn’t erase the fact that it’s still there.
In game, you can obviously choose to block people, but as I’ve stated previously, some of the better conversations I’ve had in jita local are with spammers. Blocking them instead of ignoring the spam would have prevented that from happening.
You do you, but you end up denying yourself some decent conversation. Though, it doesn’t appear you want conversation. You want an echo chamber.
You keep claiming that I’m saying you said something you didn’t. I’ve scrolled up, and I’ve not made any statements to that effect.
You may be trying to split hairs about how you conversate in local, but that’s dumb.
Conversation may end up with multiple people involved, but it usually starts with a specified recipient to your comment.
I don’t know what is hard to grasp about that.
You’re whining about ccp not wanting to moderate chats, and how much of a chore it is for you to block people. If you fail to see it as whining, rest assured that everyone else can see it and multiple people have pointed it out.
The problem you’re having is your own.

1 Like

Cleaned up some off topic attacks/ranting.

You could always slide the window over the chat part of local, and you’ll still have your intel part.

1 Like

It’s hardly a core game feature to recycle alts every few hours to get around the games ignore/block mechanic to force your HyperNet spam on people who clearly don’t want to see it. The blocking function exists for a reason. They also wouldn’t change any “core game feature” by declaring that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable.

Next time you want to be a smart butt, at least be smart.

Eve needs a badboy addon.

Its easier to come here and newb it up like no one else has ever seen Jita spam and he’s the first to point out the obvious.

edit: actually closing the window would be easier and saved a lot more time.

I just won an Orca!! I never though it would happen! Mining empire here I…

Oh… Wait. I won an Oscar. Nevermind.

Er ok, I promise not to judge that you think moving a bar in a window over 2 inches takes a lot of time

1 Like

Who uses local for anything other than to see who’s in system?

Other than that these sound like bots don’t just block, report.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.