Zintage Enaka for CSM 19

Nerf Dreads? :dizzy_face:

I cast my vote for literally anybody other than this guy.

3 Likes

Don’t be 300km away from the dreads not a novel concept.

" still receive reps"

i mean…if someone is going to use a PNI. and not use its guns or siege mode. and just use it as a giant brick in space recieving reps while using target painters…thats fine.

thats a utility boat. its sacrificing its damage and ECM resistance in favor of being a support boat for other dreads. sounds like a good thing.

Or do you not want dreads to get electronic warfare? should we remove the neut bonus from the Chemosh? cause someone can use that as a massive neut boat with no guns or siege module and can recieve reps and cap transfers?

thats kinda the thing with ECM…you give up stuff to benefit the fleet in supporting roles, its nice to see dreads get a new fit other than “siege and shoot”

Btw, Hyena and Rapier get better target painter bonuses, and cost less. PNI is paying for more durability vs them.

i think you been F1 monkey to long.

“Nerf what my team is bad at” Excellent candidate!

3 Likes

It’s so transparent that this dude’s platform is to nerf what his null block is currently underperforming against.

What would Zintage’s platform be if they weren’t outnumbered 2 to 1 on dreads?

2 Likes

The Chemosh is a terrible example as it is a 50+ billion ISK pirate dreadnought. That said no, I don’t believe the dreadnought should be playing a support ship role that’s exactly what a carrier is supposed to be doing if you really want to give the role to a capital. Dreadnought guns removing battleships as fast as you can broadcast them feels great as the dreadnought pilot but makes you question why you logged in a sub cap. I think dreadnoughts are doing too much and need to make room for the other capitals.

carrier is long range. i don’t think we’ll be seeing them operating close enough to use ECM anytime soon.

if they did, you’d be here crying that carriers are OP cause ECM from out of targeting range.

I do agree there “needs to be room for other capitols”. but the fix for that isnt to nerf Dreads

its to give Carriers a buff to make them not utterly useless outside of links and suitcases atm. the last nerfs really screwed them over.

My bloc just used this method to take roughly 3 regions in 3 weeks I wouldn’t say we are underperforming against it. I just don’t believe it’s good for the game that blocs can effectively roll through by doing it.

Carriers are long-range cause we don’t have any other use for them so we use them in the safest way possible. If you give them ewar bonuses or weakened burst projectors that need to be used in range who’s to say we wouldn’t use them closer.

This argument implies that you think all tiers of ships should bring the same utility in a fight, but the cost ratios (both in isk and skill training) point to that not being the case. Sub cap pilots should be aiming to train to end game ships because they have more utility (hence the price). They need to remain aspirational.

If you think other capitals are lacking, how about you propose buffs to them instead of nerfs to one of the ship classes that feels fun to use?

“weakened burst projectors” so more nerfs…

dude…your not making friends.

2 Likes

How would that be a nerf? It’s something they don’t even have. I’m not saying to make the burst projectors supercarriers use weaker. As for all tiers of ships bringing the same utility, I don’t exactly see it that way capitals certainly are an aspirational goal and they should be powerful but I do believe there should be a role for the sub-caps that isn’t die extremely quickly to the veteran players dreadnoughts with little to no effect on the battlefield. Capitals should need to be supported not be the only thing worth having on the field.

That’s a disingenuous recounting of events, you were able to take that space because you finally brough an answer to our beamers in the form of supercaps. And all of a sudden they weren’t OP anymore.

1 Like

I too would question why I choose to log in when my FC sat at 250km from LR dreads.

3 Likes

Good answers, thanks

I dont understand why a RAIL EAGLE fleet should have the capability to take on battleship fleet in equal numbers.

That is not balance for the sake of balance, that is a prospective CSM Candidate trying to make changes that suit his gameplay, with no regard for actual balance.

Even a T1 Typhoon fleet of equal numbers and support, should never die to a LR cruiser platform, that is rediculous.

That is just categorically false. A dread at 30KM will not track anything smaller than a Battleship without proper support.

You absolutly need webs to hit a battleship, even with no prop mod. the BS fleet just needs to maintain transversal. Furthermore, Dreads are not immune to TD’s anymore, you can just tracking disrupt and opti and render it useless.

You are in an alliance that is composed of MOSTLY newer/unskilled players. You are a victim of confirmation bias and thus see battleships die to dreads, failing to realize that the dread pilots are primarying NON MOVING BATTLESHIPS.

As a prospective CSM candidate, you lack the ability of stepping back and actually seeing what it happening. I see this as a huge red flag.

The only dreads dropping at 30KM and killing battleships are HAW Dreads, as that is their function and role. An amazing counter, specfically for someone from an alliance like yours, is to drop a small group of dreads on it and delete them. That is how escelations work in fights.

You are trying to change the game in a way you seem fit, without actually looking at it hollistically. If we get a nerf to Battleship HP, we will go back to high speed HACS. High Speed doctrines are very hard to lock down, turning most fights into “whos faster and can apply at range” (Muninns VS Cerbs, then Cerbs fit Overdrives to beat Muninns. Muninns then refit to overdrives to catch up on the next fight)

This is not fun gameplay, and the changes to HACs were widely regarded as a health step for the game, and opened the meta up to Battleships.

It is sad you are a part of goons, as I am afraid you can just put your name there, leadership will ping “Vote for Zintage, he is our guy” and then we go from one of the best CSM’s i have seen since my time playing this game (2009) to a huge step backwards.

It is my hopes that if you are successfull, that the rest of the CSM ostracize you.

2 Likes

yes, the famous Burst Projectors on Carriers.

Just tell us you dont actually know anything about the game instead. Get to the point of your deficiency.

1 Like

Would you support the addition of vtuber and anime inspired events to the game including but not limited to anime skins and dating sim inspired progression tree/event? Similar to this post? https://www. Reddit - Dive into anything

Hello prospective CSM 19 member. I have a question.

If Asher Elias gets on a train In New York City, going to Chicago on an South West track, and at peak speed is traveling 110 MPH…

AND If Gobbins gets on a train in Chicago, going to New York City on a North East Track, and and at peak speed is traveling 90 MPH…

Which of them reaches Pocvhven first?

Assuming this is a serious question… I have always been jealous of the skins I saw come out of serenity and am happy to encourage them to be brought to TQ. Saying this, I don’t believe dev time should be going into game events based on it.