17 Years of EVE - A Huge Birthday Celebration!

There will be somewhere soon to better explain what the event is about, what combat sites are involved: "Capsuleer Day Clash
In addition, to commemorate the anniversary of the birth of Capsuleers in New Eden and earn goodwill with the independent pilots of the cluster, CONCORD, the Empires and Upwell are preparing a series of gifts for Capsuleers. However, a large-scale attack from the Triglavian Collective against their joint production and research facilities threatens to disrupt the celebration! CONCORD is requesting that Capsuleers seek out these besieged facilities in order to drive away the Triglavian forces and claim extra gifts.

There will be Capsuleer Day Clash event sites available from 7 May to 20 May throughout New Eden, restricted to allow Battlecruisers only, with more advanced sites all over Lowsec, Nullsec and wormhole space. Rewards will include new SKINs, limited time cerebral accelerators, limited time standings boosters and special limited time 10 pilot Needlejack Filaments! "

if this goes like the last few events it will be a buggy as hell epic fail

2 Likes

I wonder if that is literal, ie if it is just battlecruisers or battlecruisers and command ships ?

'Cos like this is a CCP Dev blog after all ā€¦ :woman_shrugging:

ā€œCONCORD is requesting that Capsuleers seek out these besieged facilities in order to drive away the Triglavian forces and claim extra gifts.ā€

So does anyone have an idea as to how many ships will be besieging at one time? Can this part be soloed or is it fleet work?

2 Likes

Anything can be soloā€™ed with enough alts.

7 Likes

In other words, you donā€™t know either yet. :wink:

1 Like

Would be perfect to announce the return of the AT?!

Orā€¦ and hear me out hereā€¦

ā€¦ they continue the SP meter down at the bottom as the current campaign turns into the 17th birthday campaign. but the gifts in the actual crates become actual, permanent, item (or ship) hangar redeemable presents instead of the auto-inject drugs and skins of the past week or so!

:::fingers crossed:::

2 Likes

I hear ya, man, butā€¦ we did just have Guristas and Angel events at the usual time of year, so itā€™s not like itā€™s superseding anything that normally goes in the May time of yearā€¦ if anything, rogue drone events were sometimes in June? They were mostly meh anyway.

Funnily enough, someone was just bitching over in the abyssal dailies thread about how CCP should have made it about trigs from invasions and not about trigs in the abyss, because he hates the abyss and all.

Well, looks like he just got his wish!

Man, it better be t1, faction, AND t2ā€¦ because my two mains just finally trained command ships 5 to be cool like my booster alt over the winter and are working on boosting spec skills to 4 / WC 5 / FC 4 right now, and my triple Eos and triple Claymore and triple Sleipnir doctrines were just waiting for something to actually USE THEM ON besides L4 mishes for shits and giggles.

Now is the time!

1 Like

CCP: ā€œWe know you guys hate these shitty events so hereā€™s an event thatā€™ll be running during another eventā€¦ thatā€™s running during another event.ā€

Stupid.

1 Like

Anyone want to bet that the 2 events running at the same time somehow will conflict with each other?

7 Likes

The daily click login campaign can run concurrent and separate from an actual in-game event, where we have to shoot stuff to get loot.

I was expecting the anniversary event to be aimed at more experienced players; what is surprising is how tough the Gurista egg hunt sites turned out to be. Destroyers and frigates? That restriction alone doesnā€™t make the site balance new player friendly; you had to have a good fit and fly it well to succeed.

1 Like

happy birthday eve!

6 Likes

And to think ive been here for 16 of those yearsā€¦

2 Likes

battlecruisers are still fine for industrials and relatively new players, as long as event doesnā€™t require close to max skills.

Question is: in relation to the ā€œShow Daily Gifts on loginā€ checkbox, do you still need to redeem the gifts the get the SP, or will logging in accrue the SP automatically? @CCP_Dopamine

I expected the Anniversary Event to be split up into 3 sections = easy, medium and hard. That way all players can enjoy the event.

I agree about the last event, it was not user friendly for newbieā€™s or average pilots despite being set up for Frigates and Destroyers. In my opinion it was more in line with level 4 missions, especially with all the Ewar effects and multiple waves happening. Definitely a lot tougher than the Level 3 Pirate Epic Arcs.

In my opinion the past 3 or 4 events have all had advanced level NPCā€™s, content basically designed for high skilled experienced players using top line equipment.

1 Like

Restricting the event sites to Battlecruisers is not newbie friendly by any measure, especially for Alphas (not exactly encouraging them to upgrade to Omega now are we?). And yet again itā€™s all about the Triglavians, whose introduction was one of CCPā€™s biggest mistakes ever in my opinion (along with mutaplasmids). So many of us are sick and tired of Triglavians. So many of us werenā€™t happy when they were released (neither ships nor rats nor lore) and we most certainly are not happy with virtually all new PVE content being Triglavian-centric. Sure, Iā€™m not speaking for everyone and I might not even be speaking for the majority, but I represent a significant chunk of the player base by saying this. CCP has no shortage of neglected factions to choose from that they could have brought to light and made more accessible to players, but they insist on overemphasizing Triglavians to a greater extent than even T3Cs were ever grossly overemphasized over T2Cs.

Enough. With. The. Triglavians.

11 Likes

Agree 101% and then some.

:+1:

2 Likes

I started playing Eve last November, didnā€™t find out until tonight that the anniversary of it is on May 6, the same day as my birthday :smiley:

5 Likes