18.04 Release - General Feedback

You don’t have to buy PLEX to do this.
Where are you getting that idea from?

After this 18.04 Release I felt it was absolutely necessary to take the time to put together a long overdue through RANT!

In order to keep this concise I’m going to start with the current problems and branch out from there. There is soo much to rant about its hard to keep it organized.

18.04 Release – common sense should have made it obvious that nerfing any aspect of the game by %20 is absolutely absurd and it is absolutely going to break the game and yet here we are. Broken, again. Im referring to how you made medium and heavy drones useless…

When you make radical changes like this it effects players drastically. We are forced to change our ship builds radically which means we have to destroy up to 3 rigs and most likely buy new mods to counter your radical changes. This equates to a very large sum of credits that many of your player base cannot easily absorb. A %20 reduction in shielding breaks the game completely. This makes no sense to me because there are soo many other things that could be corrected and/or balanced. The last thing I expected is for you to turn all ships into glass ships.

The idea that you did this to combat botters is absurd, there are better more finite ways to accomplish that without having to ruin the game for all or most of us. End User Agreement seems to be the best place to accomplish that task if you need to amend it then amend it already.

So, if this isnt about botters what is it about? Im pretty sure it boils down to good old fashion greed the more glass ships that blow up the more players will spend and that’s really sad. I quit a greedy game like that and retreated back to this game specifically because up until now I didnt consider this game to be greedy like most of the games out there today. Greed has been ruining the gaming industry for quite some time and game companies are somehow blind to this trend.

Instead of ruining everyone’s ships why not make Code useful, why not make suspect tags matter why not make criminal tags matter? I see all these players in Hi-sec wearing there suspect / criminal tags like a badge of honor just sitting there like its cool. I will never understand that.

Why make earning credits in Hi-sec laughable cant even really mine now b/c the npc’s are mining everything. If you can’t log on right after reboot then your mining is going to be really bad and if you try to mine a few hours before reset there’s nothing to mine b/c it’s all gone empty asteroid fields everywhere. I don’t even really mine and that bothers me, I cant imagine how bad that must be for players that focus on mining that must be tragic for them.

Maybe your making everyone ships weaker b/c you don’t think people should be able to solo L4 missions despite the fact they they took the time and effort into getting the skills the ship and the mods to do so. If we aren’t supposed to solo L4 missions what are we supposed to do L1 – L3 arent worth doing b/c they pay soo little. Honestly L4 missions don’t pay enough either but they are better than the lower level missions.

Why do you think its ok to punish people that enjoy playing in Hi-sec. You’ve made it almost pointless to do so. I think you under estimate how many solo / small group players make up your player base, not everyone has the time or patience to fleet up for everything in the game.

In conlusion, I dont understand your choices and I dont understand your direction at all.

14 Likes

well, you either farm for months in highsec missions or trying to find neat exploration sites to just get ONE blingy module which cost often 500M+ (and i talk about A-type modules, not C-type even tho its often not worth the money on some modules for the minor bonus xP) or you go into low/null sec where you then possibly lose more then you get because of all the multiboxers flying around there. thats one reason why i did never PvP in eve … well i did sometimes, one of my corpmates tugged me everynowandthen into PvP but all what happened was running either into multiboxer or gatecamps. in short, makes no fun for me xD ya can look onto my horrible KB if ya like lols xP just dont look at the jackdaw one, it was my fault by forgetting to putt modules off and docking at the jita hub xD!

artillery is long-range gun and was not changed.

1 Like

Sounds like the problem here is that you’re relying on highsec missions and exploration sites.

I’ve been in lowsec for about 2 weeks now with the Guristas Hunt event going on. I don’t see any multiboxers you’re talking about. In fact, most of these systems are pretty empty, which is how I’ve been able to find so many Hunt sites.

Now you’re just rambling about nonsense.

I’m sorry you’re bad at making ISK in game? There are plenty of other avenues that players can use to make ISK that does not involve PLEXing. But I’m sure you’ve already made up your mind.

Good luck in your future endeavors, kid.

yes, i told you already. i ran very often into multiboxers etc. its good for you that you have that luck. its not that empty around where we live =3

and no, i am not bad at it … i am … more lazy and have not the time to play eve online 8 hours a day. then flying my stuff over to jita/perimeter and getting (now is the chance even higher) onehitted by a tornado because why not ¯_(ツ)_/¯ says the tornado pilot and waves to concord xD.

i am just more the fair play player … but peoples like this having sadly no place in eve online, i understood that already long ago, hence why i dont do PvP that often, but imma stop now with all this off topic stuff and stay with my opinion that the reduction with the shield and armor hardeners was a very stupid idea and i am not alone with that opinion.

to avoid a double post. edit:
did CCP kept sansha incursions in mind with this? that would be very interesting to know :open_mouth:

2 Likes

How did I know it was going to be a goon before clicking :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Well, now why did waste all that time and subscription money training for those T2 modules, just for you go and take them away in the name of rebalancing… there is a reason I had an advantage I did my time I paid my due’s… Thanks for nothing in this update. :frowning:

10 Likes

could be worse… could be this guy:

2 Likes

after patch having issues authenticating all of my accounts

@Syzygium: You’re forgetting something about how trading and stuff works. The ISK margins on hauling and trading isn’t that high per unit. A trader might be hauling a contract, or moving goods for trade that are worth a billion, but they are most certainly not making a billion.
The contract issuer wouldn’t make anything, so it wouldn’t be worth it. If you’re hauling to trade, you are most certainly not marking things up to make that much in one trip or everyone would be doing it (and the market would quickly compensate and stabilize)
I’m only using DST’s as an example because its been YEARS since I’ve flown a T1 hauler. I don’t have the exact numbers, because I haven’t had to care about the numbers at that scale for a while.
However, you yourself just said that a T1 hauler can be ganked by a singular catalyst. I’d imagine it’s not properly fit, but I’ll also say that the exact same issue is at play. And it is also one of the reasons I’ve actively been screaming at CCP about not just DST’s if you read my initial posting, but about T1 haulers and jump freighters. Also, to say that someone in a DST, which should have more tank and be able to perform the role it was designed for, should not be able to haul the goods in the amounts it was designed for, is to say that neither should T1 ships. The investment to get into a T2 hauler is the justification for that statement.
Also for perspective:
The ships, mods, and other items you get are often not moved at the small scales that you buy them at in trade hubs. They’re moved in DSTs and Freighters, because many more hulls, mods, or materials can be moved at once in this manner, reducing the workload of the trader that moves goods from manufacture to trade hubs. This in turn drives down the prices of the very items you’re buying as a new player. If the same items had to be moved in smaller loads (or manually fit and flown as many ships just don’t fit inside T1 haulers), then you would be paying an exorbitant price for even cheap things like ammo. The reason that many of the items you purchase in highsec are as cheap as they are is because someone manufactured it en-masse, then someone hauled it in, en-masse. And my ‘en-masse’ I mean by the hundreds of millions, if not several billions, at a time.
I know that the perspective from a T1 hauler is a bit different. I used to drool at the T2 haulers and freighters too. But the mechanics are all to scale.

1 Like

Okay, that makes more sense. 3 T2 invulns. Was trying every way I could think of to get that with 2 like the first post stated.
Guess I know which DST I’ll be switching into. Impel can’t get that kind of tank now. Impel used to be the best for it. My only gripe with that fit is that it’s not hyperspatial but it is what it is.

@Kaabii
No, the term you’re looking for is Alpha. Tornadoes have crappy DPS. On the other hand they pack a wallop in alpha.
Alpha is per-shot damage.
DPS is damage per second.
An Uzi could be considered to have higher DPS than a .45 – however the .45 packs more stopping power per-bullet. So Uzi might be 10 shots a kill, where as the .45 hits and there’s a big freakin hole.
And yeah, if you actually go and read the patch notes, you’ll see there is a reasoning for the resist nerf. And I think their motivation and desire is right, just the execution could have been a little better thought out. Resists directly affect logistics ships’ repping power, and logi has gotten to the point where fights frustratingly come to standstills where neither side can break the other’s tank.
Also, if you’re blinging ships, and they’re getting blown up in one 'Nado volley, then you need to a) stop over-blinging your ships, and b) learn to fit ships properly. If you need help, ask.
As for pay to win? Yeah. It always has been. Get a sub, scrub. Dev’s gotta eat.

@Soja_Dallocort:
Okay. Long post – few things stuck out.
First off the statement that you think they’re combatting botters with this change. Not what they stated they were going after. It was to make more things pop, and try to shake off the gods of logi. Which they did accomplish, but in a way that I think is the opposite of what the aim was – more t1 hulls and hauling ships were affected than T2 ships that were already in a decent enough place that the resist change didn’t affect them as much.
They also wanted to make brawling comps viable again but the resist nerf kinda stopped that dead in its tracks.
Also I think they already tried the whole ‘let’s make a patch and do something awesome that would fix botters’… and all the AFK miner twats poured SO much salt and cried, then stopped playing because, “Whaaah! I wanna watch Netflix while I mine/krab! Now I can’t rely on Near2 or a botting program! BooHoo”. So even if they were going after botters more, and this is the path, then hey, brought it on yourselves.
As for the rats mining in highsec. Frankly that is a fairly easy thing to fix. People can actually shoot the NPC’s ya know. Don’t have to stick around for the fallout, but you sure as heck can blap the miner, warp off and come back. Or… you could go to lowsec or nullsec. Hishsec is supposed to be training-wheels, not the main source of ISK or materials.
The game was never really about Highsec. Sure, you can make money trading (probably the best ISK/hr in highsec if you’re good at market PvP). But the start of the game, it was all about using highsec to make just enough T1 stuff to get out to nullsec and start our corps and make T2 ships and fight over the resources. Now its a stagnant cesspool. They’re trying to fix that. Good on them.

@Scoots_Choco/@Kaabii
Scoots is right. Highsec, again is like training wheels. You’re supposed to use highsec to learn how to ride, then take the freakin wheels off and go make a name for yourself. That is why there is more lucrative stuff in lowsec and nullsec or wormholes.
And yeah, aside from a few of the chokepoints, lowsec is fairly quiet. Go carve out some space.
As for the rest, yeah, Scoots nailed it.

@Jah_Durah:
Actually PvP peeps have it rougher as well. Basically everything is being pushed further into the lame and boring meta of range dictation via kitey bullcrap – mostly missiles or n+1 alpha comps that never get the blood pumping like a good in-your-face brawl where one player can screw up and get the entire fleet killed by not paying attention to who’s tackled or switching targets to that one utility ship that is making life hard. Now, its either sneak in and force the fight up close with blasters, or kite and launch missiles from 80km.
TLDR; its rough for everyone.
And for the second post… I think that there are a few things to take from that.

• One take is that maybe you’re not in with the right crew, or something just isn’t good with where you’re at. Move to another area, switch corps, get a mentor or something. As much of a bitch as I am on the forums, it’s normally cause I come here to vent and rant because argh!! I’ll gladly give you real and useful information if you ask. Hit me up. Ask me questions.
  • You should not have to buy plex to keep playing. It’s now a F2P game. You won’t get to fly shiny things - but the game isn’t running on free servers, the devs have to eat, and the investors have shiny cars to buy and plastic surgery to get. You can easily make isk with an alphabro, you just have to play smart. And you can make MUCH more as an Omega, so … don’t eat that box of crayons every month, or lay off the booze for one week.
    For the last statement? Highsec is freakin’ scary dude. Local is terrifying. Come to wspace. Its chill, we fight and die and laugh the whole way. All in relative silence … because local is the only way they see you coming… well, that and dscan but then congratulations, you’re paying attention and actively playing!

@Siegfried_Hilanen: Uhm, Munnins probably got hit a bit hard due to the combination of the targeted nerf+resist fallout, but honestly it was a super good ship – that actually buffing the other recons would have been better for. How many Curses, Laches, and Rooks do you see stick around when a Huginn is around to hug ya – and live?
As for Rorqs, good freakin riddance, and they need to completely remove excavators and put rorqs back where they were – fleet assistance ships that were a force multiplier for PvRock. I think that the anom nerf was a bit hard especially on smaller groups, but at the same time something had to be done and at the time we had slightly more derpy people steering the ship then – hell, Rorquals with excavators exist, and they never should have to begin with.

@Jalfresi4 dude, stop mining moon goo, go mine veldspar, that trit the new s**t. Keep track of the market and you’ll learn not to just sit and do the same crap all the time. Also if you’re gunna quit… obligatory “Can I has your crap?”

@darkestkhan_Eriker: It’s about risk vs reward. And also the rest of the post I replied to him with. I don’t want perfect safety, just want a bit of balance. Also… welcome back, please get better kills than newbros in highsec.

Munnin /= Huginn
I think you confused yourself here.

so that was interesting, i logged into my alpha alt to see what its daily loot thing was and it was some t1 ammo blueprint, no further details so I claim it then log into the game then in the redeem window i check out the blueprint and what a suprise, it says its a bpo infinite runs invention all that stuff is available on it. wow ok maybe i’ll take that for later use. I redeem the item then go to find it in my inventory and drag it into the random station im in’s industry window when actualy that bpo is a bpc, it was just absolutely falsely labeled.

So yeah I got given a 1 run bpc for 100 rounds of blaster ammo while the game was telling me it was an unlimited use bpo.

Is there a possibility that someone can go in and code these to accurately state whats being given OR to code it so that what is stated is actually given?

4 Likes

oh it gets better that mess of a login bit seems to reset every 2 days so that bonus sp your never going to get it

It would be better if they stopped breaking the game lol…Elitist can live with em & cant kill em.

2 Likes

This is coded accurately.
There is no image for BPC/BPO : there is only image for BP, a filter is applied when the game knows it’s a BPC
It’s like I told you I had a Ferrari for you, and then you put the image of a Ferrari , but actually it’s a lego Ferrari and it’s even better.

What dumb ape thought that these “balance changes” were a good idea? the Dread shield hardener I just got is now effectively a T2: ■■■■■■■ stupid! My Eagle is now Un-Flyable because it can’t fit what it’s supposed to be able to fit: a rack of guns, a MWD, and 2 gun rigs: Idiotic!

You have hurt the solo-pilot with this patch and just ensured more people will try to bring Logi to fleets… Roll back this patch all together and leave the game alone, you’re just screwing the game with this patch.

6 Likes

it wasnt just the image though, the window that came up when i hit show info on the item in the redeem window stated it was a bpo. Thats how i found out about all that manufacturing stuff like invention and why i wanted to get it into a station so I could see how the whole make a copy thing worked cause i’ve never actually done that before.

It was the actual information given when hitting show info on the actual redeem item screen in game while sitting in station, the very final step before the item is placed into inventory. That is where it told me using text that it was a bpo