18.04 Release - General Feedback

/tin-foil hat and sarcasm
Didn’t you know, CCP is owned by the tools that screwed BDO!
You’re supposed to swipe that card!
Pay for game time to have access to any decent ships at all.
Then on top of that MT your card with little plex transactions, so you can buy the ships you need to, until you’re bankrupt and homeless.
/tin-foil hat and sarcasm

Sarcasm aside, sounds like you need to find better ways to generate ISK. You should diversify and invest in some industry or something. Whatever you’re doing isn’t workin’ from the sounds of it.
Personally I pay for the game time (cheaper than plex, costs less than a bottle of liquor a month) and do PvE to get ISK for ships to blow up in glorious PvP (I’ll admit I’m mostly an f1-monkey, KB wont let me lie)

4 Likes

here I agree with you. And all Korean projects will end the same.
Schematically - NERF+NERF+NERF+REBALANCE=Re-release сlassic сlient+new graphic. And all gamer’s happy

4 Likes

Of cause there will be, for some the enjoyment has gone out of the game, for others it has increased, for PVP’ers it has increased, for the rest of us, not so much?

I feel like a Chiwawa barking and going backwards, so what is the rewards for loosing ships in this game again?
IT REALLY FEELS LIKE THERE SHOULD BE!
Not all of us are here to make isk, and if you are just questing and mining for own purposes then you have to buy and sell plex for isk to keep on playing, just does not feel like it is worth playing anymore, it is not like when you make a mistake your ship is waiting in the hanger?
Fix the insurance part of the game to align with the nerfs ?
I am not into the mechanics, I am into how it feels, and at the moment it feel like my ships should ALL stay docked even in highsec! I rarely venture to lowsec and have never been to nulsec!

4 Likes

Dude, my mastodon, post patch has 83K ehp … with 2 t2 adaptive inv shield hardeners - you call your fit brick tanked?

Also your math is off: you need twice as much isk in cargo than the worth of ganknadoes. After all you drop (on average) 50% of content.

Would love to see the fit for this, as the only way to get the base HP up to 74.8k flat with T2 is a really close fit.
Or, you shine the hell out of everything. Then for the low, low price of 549m ISK, you can get 86.8kEHP.
Maybe I’m missing some mod… but probably not. So yeah, fit or I call it.

And it actually only has 57.6k EHP as anyone worth their salt will shoot kinetic at a Mastodon. The bling fit gets 67.6kEHP. 486,427,211.97 ISK with T2 fit, 570,876,380.71 ISK with it shiny.

The math is perfectly correct as well. Not all kills are about profit. Most are, yes. But some are just… nice padding, and salt extraction. CODE is one of the well known groups and they do make ISK from abusing the (expected and not hated by me) mechanics of CONCORD response times. But there are many that do it just for the giggles (https://zkillboard.com/ does exist), or because it interferes with someone you don’t particularly like.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t really get your ‘problem’. You seem to have stuff worth many billion ISK (so you can haul around like 700-1200M in one turn like you said in your examples). That means you are a rich and experienced guy already and should be quite aware of your options to avoid these ganks?

I absolutely understand hat its a very very hard experience for new players when they want to sell their first week of mining/prodding outcome in the market hub and their T1-Hauler with 50 Million Cargo is blown up by a single Catalyst… that is why I personally think T1 Haulers should be buffed quite a bit in base eHP. Moving your first stuff in a Bestower or Sigil for example is absolute “new player experience” and since new players rarely know how to fit properly, they should - in my opinon - not be gankable by a single suicide destroyer, even in max-cargo-fit or non-fitted. but thats just me.

On the other hand: Absolutely no mercy for a DST that gets ganked with a billion ISK in cargo. If you have the skills and riches to use these ships, know how to fly them. There are plenty of ways to fly safe. Pick one.

1 Like

There is none.

2 Likes

My general feedback for this release is that many of the changes to the ships seem to be done by none-experts…

Removing resistances to ships like munins, or range nerfs, when the munins strength lies in its speed + dps volley.

My advise would be let every CSM member get involved as experts of their fields so changes actually go through a QA/Panel. If you dont play the game every day you just dont know what you are changing.
Players will find ways arround this and you are fixing another thing next release, so you must get to the core of the gameplay.

We went through same cycle with rorquals, 4-5 iterations and eventually after 10 years they nerfed the anomalies respawn timers. Forcing people to spread out, wich hurts small groups, doesnt affect large alliances.

3 Likes

well i have mined an existing moon with ores and i mined 2 billion isk worth of minerals. i have just mined the new moon moongoo and i mined 150 million. one guess when im going to renew my accounts. For the not so clever ones Answer: Matbe in a few years

4 Likes

was flying in a incursion and was reading the notification… and it said resistance is lowered…and i was thinking lower than negative means more damage from the sancha ?
so incursions are now screwed to ?
probably they did not have a thought about the lowered resistance in the incursions…?

[Mastodon, *Simulated Mastodon Fitting]
Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Caldari Navy Power Diagnostic System

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener II
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender

Improved Cloaking Device II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

99.6K ehp cold, also no one shoots pure kinetic - missiles are not good for ganking, titanium sabot is not high dps ammo, while void is half thermal half kinetic.

They don’t want to think about flying safely, as far as they are concerned if they don’t have perfect safety they have none.

Curious that I got 200M+ in moon goo from one week pull before patches… do you know what to mine? Did you reprocess?

why the change on the shield and armor resistance Oo… any explanation for that? other then that more ships will now blow up more easily and that we need to spend more ISK to bling ships which then getting ONESHOTTED by tornados which have now even MORE DPS THEN BEFORE? wtf is going on with you CCP o_o? are you turning into a Pay to Win game? i bet everyone here got atleast once oneshotted by a tornado which was sitting on a gate xP … well now have they even more dps =w=

3 Likes

DPS doesn’t matter if you’re one shot.

it does, it determines how much you can do with 1 shot … oh wait yea nvm you have right, the alpha strike would be important … but still. they got now an even bigger alpha strike + CCP lowered the resistance from all shield and armor hardeners = easier for a Tornado to one hit ships … it makes no sense for me other then that CCP wants that more ships blow up. again, i see absolute no sense in that part of the balancing other then damaging the Player Base and forcing them to get more ISK … or with other words … Plex and hoping that theres not a tornado on the other side of the gate which then probably onehits you in your new bling ship xD

1 Like

Only if they use T2 short range ammo.
Do you have proof that they use T2 short range ammo?

after you got hit by one have you probably your proof. it will for sure happen that someone will try this xP but even if they dont use T2 ammo. there is still that -20%shield and armor hardener thing. that means tornados have it now even without that easier to onepoke a ship.

it is a stupid balancing idea … i still dont understand why … i mean i am open for it that anyone here could explain to me the choice of reducing ALL shield and armor hardener resists. and i mean EVERY SINGLE ONE! not only the capital ones. no, this affects ALL resist modules. (except for rigs)

1 Like

CCP wants more dead ships. Simple as that.

well yea, if that is the reason is that a stupid reason cause it looks more like "you want to fly ships? and want to be kind of safe? buy plex and bling your ship out, it dosnt guarantees that you are safe but you survive maybe longer ."

1 Like