18.04 Release - General Feedback

Well, with an attitude like that, you’ll probably make that prediction a reality.

2 Likes

Im missing about a quarter EHP reps/s on my Hyperion compared to yesterday.
Amarr and Caldari got a buff due to the extra buffer synergising with the natural resistence.
Stop smearing poop all over the meta just because you want to nerv worthless caps even further - leave resist nervs to caps, i don’t care since they are garbage unless you have enough so it doesn’t matter what you do annyways.

Changing resist for sub caps only made HACs even more top of the meta due to sig and speed - do you guys even understand basic game mechanics?
Maybe change the Gallente rep bonus to 12,5% per level so it makes up for the inherent buff on ships with natural resist? At least that would fix the problem for the ship i care about but the rest of the ballance is still a complete mess. As if Sub Caps were not easy enough to loose before the patch.
As if kity coward ■■■■■■■■ wasn’t the default strategy annyways.
Size of Gang i can tank just went down 25% while they are even more scared than before due to 15% extra damage i can hardly apply against kity ■■■■ in the fist place.
If i do i also kill them - so i really DON’T WANT the damage buff at all because of the fact that it makes my targets more scared when they see me + they have less rsist as well.
So is this likely to lead to good fights or to even more boring gank and run behaviour we see all the time???

CHANGE RESISTANCE NERV TO CAPS ONLY you brainfarts

AND GET ME RID OF THIS GODDAMN RED DOT HOW F-ING HARD CAN IT BE TO GIVE ME THE OPTION TO TURN THIS D I S G U S T I N G EYESORE OFF ??? :red_circle: = :poop:

17 Likes

/5char

6 Likes

you’re welcome :slight_smile:

No, they’re trying to create a market environment that isn’t in a state of perpetual accretion. The amount of stuff built has been far exceeding the amount of stuff blown up basically since the servers first went online, and that glut is having all kinds of unintended, and undesirable, effects.

Time to burn through stockpiles and make the markets actually competitive.

These aren’t nerfs, they’re opportunities…

6 Likes

Can’t believe this is actually implemented. Worst patch ever. So far?

15 Likes

Can’t wait to login to see and try the new stats … :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi lovely capsullers and devs
here some feedback from hs
well looked at my shield tanked drake and was thrown back 5 years of skilling em to 49 and kinetic to 69
thank you…
also my shield damage tanker seems not to work (and is thrown back to a useless option) it does not draw back the damage …thank you.

Tip for hs alpha capsuleers : fly save stay alpha, its not worth the money for return the goals you get in the future

DEV if you all love null so much… tattoo the word Null comma Null (zero decimal zero,) on your foreheads… (that looks really good for weddings and parties)
and make HS the same as low or null. it would be much safer then.

greetings from HS and stay save you all

6 Likes

Ehhhhh… Couple months, eh? about that…

I’ll inform the Geico Gecko right away!

When they said close range, they mean the close range/high DPS ammo for the close range guns. Hence, Conflag, Void, Hail, and Rage… but NOT Gleam, Javelin, Quake, and Fury.

Trig guns only come in one variety. So there is no close range ammo for close range trig guns, that’s why they got left out. Oh, and adding 15% to occult on top of the spool up… yeah, that woulda been… even more OP.

Many devs tell the stories at fanfests and such about how CCP has been adjusting to the crazy stuff players have gotten up to for about 17 years now, from jetcanning to hictors threading holes closed and so on and so forth. If CCP’s only way to adjust to people having stockpiles of assets and/or liquid wealth is to try and eliminate it… I say they aren’t trying hard enough to come up with alternate methods for dealing with it.

Humans like to collect stuff. In games with inventories and currency, we collect crap for our inventories and monies for our wallets. It’s the way things are, it makes the game enjoyable… take that away, and you’re gonna lose some of the players. How many? We’ll see. Fortunately, people are pretty adaptive about finding new ways to hang on to their stashes. We’re like Smaug that way.

6 Likes

I for one love these changes.
Cancelled all my accounts (8) and am enjoying the savings already.
Thank you CCP!

22 Likes

Because they already had double normal freighter hp and a teleport button lmao

You have to be a complete retard to lose a jf in highsec

lmao, no

4 Likes

That sounds like an awesome corp name actually…

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not. It works the same way as the DC, and has stacking penalties with it, not actual resist modules.

2 Likes

Forum Rule #1 : every time there are changes, some idiots feel they need to let us know that they cancel their many accounts. Every single time…

9 Likes

Get gud. and stop inviting stacking penalties on resist module unless they really dont matter

TBH for a Hyperion if you get 2* centum C-type adaptive membrane + 1 X-type Explosive Hardener, you will lose around 20% rep power after the patch, cold.
You will lose a bit more if you compare in Over Heat condition.
Dual rep, 1 DC, 3 resists is a reasonable fit, nothing to blame on stacking penality or bad fit.

2 Likes

My current Hyperion has 5 marks since i took it to an Odins Call WH yesterday - my record is 11.

But i think i’ll switch to something more in line with CCPs definition of fun

Bubble is up - have fun hunting!

3 Likes

Not saying its a bad fit, but there have always been stacking penalties. For tank I have always thought whether you wanted them was a careful choice and would usually choose to put in a tech II rig of the damage type of interest and then a hardener of the same type to avoid the penalty. otherwise it is usually at least close whether it is better to put something else in the slot to buff another attribute.

Was also under the impression that membranes did not get nerfed as it works like a damage control. You’re not losing 20% ehp unless you are doing major stacking

1 Like

Your rig is almost always for Nano Pumps or Nanobot Accelerator. They work much better than damage type rigs, won’t change because neither one was changed. (and I don’t think they avoid the penalty either)

The fact is even with 2-3 tank modules, if you use some bling module you get hit really hard. The better the modules the harder the hit.
Simple example:
Incoming damage = 100 EM damage
Your initial resist = 0 (T1 shield)
If you are using 60% EM resist, then before the patch you take 40 damage, now you take (100-(60x0.8)=52. That’s a 30% increase.
If you are using a poor 40% EM resist, then before the patch you take 60 damage, now you take (100-(40x0.8)=68, only a 13% increase.

Nerfing 20% of hardener effectiveness is not 20% EHP loss for sure. But it can well go above that number :slight_smile:
(Ah by the way if you are taking 10 percent more damage uniformly it means your effective self rep is reduced to (1/1.1) = 91% around.
Worst case is when you overheat 2*A type shield invuls, you are losing more than like 30% or so.

Really, nothing about stacking here. It is just hitting hard.

4 Likes

Thanks ccp for these nice changes you have lost 10 paid acc with the ■■■■ you made up in your madness.

8 Likes