18.04 Release - General Feedback

And be unable to replace ships when there is an invasion? Verry smart.
You know big super cap battles don’t happen because no one wants to have to replace them, right?
Now that thing goes for Battleships…
Now ist all about mineral efficient HACs and blue balls.

2 Likes

All this nerf is after pearl abyss buy the game , and where is the Koreans ?? not in this game they are killing ??? I will never ever in my life buy no game they make EVER !!!

1 Like

I would think it would have been a no brainer that with this update Titans and SuperCaps would put into storage and even possibly Dreadnoughts and Carriers only brought out for emergencies.

If i’m correct as to the reason for the 20% hit to resistance i would say it possibly was based on only nullsec data.

But short of being in the development meeting that decided this update, it’s just speculation.

2 Likes

Nope, CCP even stated it was not part of the plan and they would look into fixing this ganker issue.

Part of that appears to be a 20% bonus to freighter HP’s, and i would guess the industry transporters T1 &T2 and jump freighters will get it as soon as CCP realize these are getting hot hard.

I would said gankers will go hell for leather to get as many ganks as they can before this HP falls on the other transport ships.

3 Likes

You do realize that increases to base ship resistances reduces the effect of resistance modules.
Just compare EM Shield resistance increase vs EX Shield resistance increase it a A-type installed.

Well 716 dps in my tech II fitted Cat. Time to see what miners I can gank solo since the nerfing of EHP and killer buff to my Cats.

I normall like to target afk Orca’s ‘Aug’ Mining Drones but this buff should allow me to kill mining barges solo.

Thanks CCP!!! Long live GANKERS!!!

4 Likes

Hate to correct you.

But trig turrets with T2 Occult close combat ammo has a much lower combat range of all ammo no matter with other turret you use.

You seem to forget trig turrets don’t have the falloff ranges, so where other short range ammo and turrets might have 3-9km optimal range they still have 3 falloff ranges on top of that.

1 Like

My brawly thrashers RIP AND TEAR.

And I love it.

A) Stop being dumb. There have been nerfs in EVE for more than fifteen years.
B) These changes are part of a plan from CCP to correct years of disjointed, disconnected buffs and development that have resulted in serious imbalances and stagnation within the game. They are, in effect, attempting to burn parts of the landscape down in a controlled way, like making a fire-break, to prevent even more horrible results later. Will it be successful? Dunno. But that’s what’s going on.
C) This is not Pearl Abyss. The people at CCP who are in charge of this controlled burn have been with the company since before Incarna.
D) The Koreans are absolutely playing EVE. They’re a big reason the PCU jumped after the Korean Localization went in.
E) Stop being dumb. I know I said it before, but really, you need to get a grip.

5 Likes

These 5 geniuses just couldn’t wait to get their shiny high sec L4 mission runners ganked right after this update:

2 Likes

That is what I was posting about! That’s like 14.5b ISK. That’s like 200 EUR straight into CCP pocket. Nice Korean business model!

2 Likes

Got news for you: CCP’s been doing microtransactions (PLEX) longer and better than the Koreans.

2 Likes

Oh well, looks like I’ll be selling even more Marauders and rigs to those who aren’t smart enough to stay away from ganker chokepoints and popular mission hubs…

The problem is now hordes of ganktards are starting to camp many minor trade and mission hubs and high-sec mining fields. Some of them even start to post ‘ganktard diaries’ here.

But you are right. Those ‘not smart enough’ will purchase ISK for PLEX to pay for new shiny toys…till next gank.

7 Likes

When is it finally in the game dots of all colors? Why are there no green dots, yellow dots, and especially BLACK dots and BLUE dots? This is a manifestation of intolerance to dots of other colors on the part of the CCP team! RACISM! It is urgent to file a lawsuit to protect the rights of dots of all colors!

Im one of those High-Sec Marauder Pilots. I skilled a long time to get it on Mastery IV. b4 the patch, it was kinda exciting to avoid ganks. now its kinda silly to undock the marauder.

i feel, like sitting in a 2B+ glascanon, lost a ton of EHP, and no damage control or resis through rigging/dumping dps will get near my old EHP-stats.

I just wanna have fun playing my PvE style.
But with those gankers all hyped and pumped up, its going to be a bloodbath 4 everyone who wants to play in a non-destructive-way in HS.

So where is the fun for all carebears and non ganker?

Stay healthy & fly safe lol

22 Likes

Maybe CCP geniuses want PvE players to go run L4 missions on SiSi?

5 Likes

Agreed, it seems like a backward attempt to get players putting more cash into replacing lost ships. It may affect my desire to play at all. Not happy with this change.

13 Likes

Or, you know, don’t put actual money into replacing lost ships, use ISK. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

While high-sec carebares move to SiSi, null-seccers will soon experience end of SRP. That is next target group to milk for CCP_Korea. :laughing:

4 Likes