2018/03/21 - Unscheduled Downtime

why free sp… game works … your skills work

But I lost all my ratting isk with my 5 Titan :confused: So I demand some free isk or sp :smiley:

we got fireworks. bleah.

We didn’t lose skill time so i’d guess no unallocated SP. If and when CCP deems it fit to reimburse the players for the inconvinience is solely at their discretion. We will know it when they decide to.

Ofc they should do that, we do the hard work for them doing the testing in the production and not being able to play when they really cant test these in their test system. Like any other so called production system client aka customer gets refund for their time and not being able to use that system they payed for.

BUT you see we are using the game. And liking the new improved local … LOL.

not my alt/my loss, just an example

Uh… ESI also has server status endpoints…

Litterally the only endpoint ESI does not provide that the legacy XML api does is account status… Do you even develop an Eve application?

It’s not about what ESI has, it’s about the limitations to use them in an app like EVEMon. Do you read what other people link?

Those limitations are because of the way EVEmon was written, not because of ESI… The developer even stated on reddit that the primary issue was he/she doesn’t have the time to refactor EveMon to use ESI, not that it couldn’t be done. Software development is iterative, and depreciation of API’s are not only common but expected. ESI doesn’t have any more limitations than the XML API had, with the exception that access is now tied to a character as opposed to account. Which in a lot of aspects is better, i.e. I want one alt to track kill mails on zkillboard but not the other alt, I can do that now even if they’re on the same account; or I want a corporation to be able to see this character but not that character, etc… You’re touting a feature of “this application saw the api was having issues 10 min before a crash” which is still completely possible via ESI.

1 Like

I suggest you read the first link, too, and not just the second link to suit your narrative.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/82i1ea/evemon_im_really_very_sorry/

I’ve never, every seen something architected quite so wierdly as EVEMon. Trying to implement change has been tiring, time consuming and unrewarding.

I simply cannot dedicate time to EVEMon

I don’t know what else to say, and I kind of get the vibe I’m arguing with someone who’s never seen a line a code so I’m just going to leave it there.

I get the feeling I am talking to someone who cannot read.

To which the last line is:

“I’ve been hesitant to move forward with the project until a clear authentication model had been identified. It now has, so it’s full steam ahead from me. If anyone wants to get involved in helping, drop me a line - I’d be happy to have your help.”

There is nothing about CCP wanting to kill off Evemon, and aside from evemon, the ESI has endpoints that report on the server status.

As a developer, the ESI is fine as an alternative to the XML api.

1 Like

LMFAO ok duder

the client secret would be exposed when requests were made to facilitate a number of authentication processes.

that’s a pretty common limitation of OAuth all together and there are known patterns to get around that, this is a limitation of the developers knowledge of OAuth, so again not ESI

Whilst it’s not ideal, it’s very much feasible

This is the EveMon developer themselves telling you that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Duces

Read the second comment under this.

Which doesn’t change a thing.

Desktop apps can use the ESI fine. The issue highlighted there can be easily managed. It’s not a game stopper and not a sign that CCP is trying to kill off Evemon. That’s totally up to the developer.

Deprecation is a thing all developers deal with, in their own code and from external APIs. It’s done everyday.

1 Like

Hey you know what you’re talking about, can I argue with you instead? :joy:

1 Like

Oh come on now…the database issue didn’t magic itself into existence. You guys dropped the ball. Own it…maybe even throw your paying customers a bone.

BTW your payment system seems to work flawlessly when it comes to taking my monthly subscription.

1 Like