20220225 - Connection Issues (UK)

It is slightly worrying though. There are other companies who would not have put in anything like the effort yourself and CCP did trying to resolve it and just said it’s not their problem, and under those circumstances I’m not sure this would have been fixed at all.

2 Likes

Could be.

We explicitly suggested to VM on Monday evening that they “try a different egress point to reach 172.65.192.0/20”.

Prior, early in the morning on that same day, we had suggested they could “perhaps change that for 172.65.201.188 (or for Cloudflare in general, AS13335) and route directly within the UK to Cloudflare? Perhaps even initially only as a test to see if a new route makes a difference.”

BTW, the fault was that VM’s systems were trying to establish this direct peering (that they ended up with) but their systems were failing because of prefix limits being breached.

Indeed. Very early on I believe that was your suggestion just to test and see if it worked.
Can’t say I was familiar with prefix limits, but did a little googling to see :+1:
Ah well, we have a resolution for now and can only hope it holds up.
We can play again at least in relative safety, as much as Eve is ever safe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

By Jove I think they’ve cracked it!
Over the five hour mark and no issues. :grinning:

Big thanks to CCP Explorer and all others that helped getting this issue resolved, your time and dedication on this, is truly appreciated this end.
:love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Remained logged in all day things are indeed looking very promising, Thank you @CCP_Explorer an the rest of the guys who have put time into this constructively, very much appreciated :smiley:

1 Like

@CCP_Explorer , Thanks for the work, really appreciate setting VMedia correct with the traffics.

2 Likes

I admit I was frustrated and probably took my frustration out on CCP. However as everyone has already said thank you @CCP_Explorer and your team for your efforts.

2 Likes

thx for putting the effort in CCP, seems good atm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, so the problem is starting to be solved on UK, however I still can’t log in.
Hope that problem gets solved soon too.

Went to bed last night at 22:00, left 3 clients logged on! woke up to all 3 still being online! thanks @CCP_Explorer and team

2 Likes

Totally agree, let us all know how you get on making that point to VM.

Don’t let VM cuck you, yes get angry, but get angry at the right people! Fantastic effort by CCP to help UK players here.

2 Likes

You are in Mexico or Chile? If, please file a support ticket.

UK status since 1 Mar:

I’ll update here and on Twitter on a few days with longer-term data, but this case is closed.

9 Likes

Thanks again CCP for all your help :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

falcon yahoo

3 Likes

Still not be able to connect, from Chile. T_T

Thanks for all your help on this and the regular updates :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @CCP_Explorer and everyone else involved at CCP. The regular updates, etc. muchly appreciated. (Even though this was 100% a VM problem.)

2 Likes

This thread is only about the disconnect issues that were affecting Virgin Media UK customers. For your issue, which is of a different nature and with a different ISP, please create a technical support request.

Thank you @CCP_Explorer, excellent work!

1 Like