[Cloudflare Outage] Mass Disconnect on Tranquility - 2020-07-17

Hello everyone.

There was a sudden disconnect that affected many players on Tranquility around 21:15 UTC. We are actively investigating the situation which might be connected with an outage reported by Cloudflare.

I am going to share updates in this thread as they become available.

8 Likes

UPDATES:

22:12
CloudFlare appears to have addressed the root cause of the issues and are monitoring the status on their end. Our services seem to be accessible again as well, and player numbers are climbing back up.

21:55
We are seeing some services returning back to normal but overall performance is still very slow.

2 Likes

Cloudflare Network and Resolver Issues

Identified - The issue has been identified and a fix is being implemented.
Jul 17, 21:46 UTC

Investigating - Cloudflare is investigating issues with Cloudflare Resolver and our edge network in certain locations.

Customers using Cloudflare services in certain regions are impacted as requests might fail and/or errors may be displayed.

Data Centers impacted include: SJC, DFW, SEA, LAX, ORD, IAD, EWR, ATL, LHR, AMS, FRA, CDG
Jul 17, 21:37 UTC

5 Likes

Yeah you know when you only see 12,000 players online on a Friday evening that something is wrong! Odd that itā€™s affecting discord & other sites connected to eve as well, hopefully itā€™s nothing too serious!

1 Like

Sites in my country are also out so I think every site that is affilliated with Cloudfare is out atm.

1 Like

It isnā€™t ā€˜affecting sites connected to EVEā€™ - it is affecting sites connected to Cloudflare. EVE is a victim of a service provider outage. Nothing CCP can do about it, sadly.

1 Like

Weird scenes inside the goldmine.

Atlanta caught me.

1 Like

Yes I see that now, thank you for the clarification.

We are seeing some of our services coming back online but things are still quite slow. Please be patient while this matter is being looked into by us and our partners.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates!!!

Cats rule!!!

1 Like

@CCP_Dopamine maybee also take a look into

since cloudflare often drops connection from provider net, changing routing in this case and issue connection losses and comming back on the route minutes later disconnection players again

1 Like

HI, thanks for the information. I was in the middle of my mission training when I was disconnected. By the time I was logged back on I lost my ship and cargo. If you could have someone replenish those items I would appreciate it. Thank you. Love the game so far!!!

Cloudflare had significant issues this evening, see e.g. https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/17/cloudflare-dns-goes-down-taking-a-large-piece-of-the-internet-with-it/ and https://www.engadget.com/cloudflare-dns-problem-214413940.html.

Access to services is being restored. Tranquility itself was and is fine. Please monitor this thread and https://cloudflarestatus.com/.

1 Like

Cloudflare update:
Update - This afternoon we saw an outage across some parts of our network. It was not as a result of an attack. It appears a router on our global backbone announced bad routes and caused some portions of the network to not be available. We believe we have addressed the root cause and are monitoring systems for stability now.
Jul 17, 22:09 UTC

@Tarrak - You will need to file a support ticket (https://support.eveonline.com/) to request review for reimbursement - those requests cannot be made via the forums.

Will players be reimbursed for losses suffered during this

(I was in an Abyssal 2v2 at the time)

Thanks

Please contact our customer support department who will be able to review the case for you.

1 Like

CCP is very good at looking at these situations. As posted above, you will need to put in a support ticket, via the EVE online portal (canā€™t remember the exact link). They cannot do it via this forum

Glad everything is getting sorted. I was ready to grab the phone and send a proverbial rocket heading my iSP. Again. Try and explain EVE to your ISP and how theyā€™ve cost you a 2 Billion ISK ship in space. lol

6 Likes

They never understandā€¦

2 Likes