2023/05/11 - Ongoing - Intermittent chat issues

@CCP_Paragon If you all would like a lesson in proper change management procedures, I would only charge you 1 month of Omega/hour

Regards

1 Like

So now its working are those demanding compensation quitting yet because they havent got it?

We understand that this outage has been incredibly frustrating

What’s more frustrating is no updates for nearly 3 days

1 Like

weekends tend to do that

Ah, you’re right - I forgot we don’t pay for weekends

3 Likes

Last I checked you could still play at the weekend, I know this because I was playing at the weekend

so you expect a community dev, someone who has no input on fixing the issue, should work weekends just so you can get an update?

I’m guessing you are one of those middle manager types that think 9 women can deliver a baby in 1 month

2 Likes

I’m guessing you are one of those middle manager types that think 9 women can deliver a baby in 1 month

Good chuckle, thanks

1 Like

Been there, seen that…
Usually, there’s some kind of gratification like extra skill points (or even PLEX?) for all the inconveniences.

Really? Dont recall that but hope springs internal, as they say.

Thank you for informing us as soon as you can today about ongoing fixes @CCP_Paragon. I am looking forward to knowing what happened and the changes that CCP will implement to ensure these issues are minimized (I’m not blind enough to believe that they will never happen again). Also, could you pop a note in that update about why there was so much silence during the weekend? That would be appreciated as well.

Casuals are the reason the game stopped being EVE.

And no the game will not “die” without them, they contribute little and invest less in the game.

Every had a casual make the major gaming media?

@CCP_Paragon Welcome update after 3 days of “CCP Blackout”.

Can you confirm you believe that is an acceptable level of service for what is the most expensive MMO on the market at a time when serious doubts are being expressed about CCP’s investment into EVE online being diverted to unwanted and destined to fail “Conchain” products?

Can you also confirm that, in line with industry norms, there will be significant and meaningful compensation for the loss of service on what is the most expensive MMO on the marketplace, especially at a time when player numbers are bleeding out after a chain of failed experiments and bad development decisions?

4 Likes

I have earned no isk on any of my chars other than those of gate rats killed during large fleets - has been a really sucky weekend (my main game time) - so yeah, thanks CCP - for absolutely nothing

1 Like

daily reminder that if you aren’t undocking because you cant see local, it isn’t a CCP problem, you are just a wuss

use d-scan, stay aligned while you rat, congratulations you are now playing the game slightly more competently than before and no longer need local as a crutch

4 Likes

We were already expecting less.

Daily reminder that anyone who wants you to undock without local in null has dopamine supply issues.

Oh and their crutch is the false narrative that they are better than you because they exploded your internet pixel ship wraarr leet I am ownzoryou (huffing copium as their real life is a steaming pile of $%£^ where the work in a job that has destroyed what little soul they had left after high school, alone rocking in their $3000 gamer chair because they have no family to spend their money on)

Do not feed the dopamine addicts, starve them and they will go back to PUBG

How can they disappoint and underachieve when they have set expectations at “you can log in and collect daily rewards” : shrug :

Compensation, when?

1 Like

None that are generating revenue. Though… with CCP only showing a ‘Total Comprehensive Income’ for 2022 of $673,057 out of $68,599,966 in total revenue (and that total income only because of the changes in value of assets held in non-USD currencies)… EVE’s not, either.

Yea, this is enlightening. There is a lot more to what a company does with their money than what most here are trying to say. So I am glad you shared that financial report here. I still would like to know what happened over the weekend and why it was so silent during that time.