3 Battlecruisers and 1 Frigate VS Tengus

Considerably low DPS and a prohibitively long reload time are the weakness.

If the range was only 40km that would be another weakness, as a Garmur or Ceptor could just safely orbit the RLML Tengu… not to mention the Keres. Range should be around 50-ish, and if you feel that’s too little, getting it to 70 shouldm’t be hard, either.

Right, of course a computer module would be used, I really shouldn’t expect the baseline

Seconding the porpoise fit, I have a bait alt that uses an almost identical fit to great effect.

I’ve been burned before by active shield ships that turn out to be blinged with drugs and HG crystals making them far more tanky than expected, hence erring on the side of caution.

Do low sec roaming Tengus commonly carry modules for a refit? My biggest concern with using anything larger than a destroyer is that the last thing I want is someone to think “wow, that’s a big whale. Let’s use heavies instead of lights” And I’d be sad if they did that even if the bait lived.

My LowSec Tengu, 900 DPS Cloaky. Only Refit I carry is a Covert Cyno :smiley: Only 1.5bil

Tengu - Peek-a-Boo

High power
1x Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
1x Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher
6x Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II

Medium power
2x Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
1x Corelum C-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
1x Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
1x Caldari Navy EM Shield Hardener
1x Pithum C-Type Multispectrum Shield Hardener

Low power
1x Damage Control II
2x Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Rig Slot
3x Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Sub System
1x Tengu Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
1x Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
1x Tengu Propulsion - Chassis Optimization
1x Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor

Modules
1x Covert Cynosural Field Generator I

2 Likes

The t3 cruisers will cost 500 million+ , Kill one and it is a win.

The frigate only has to last long enough for a BC to warp to it and scram the t3.

An AF like the retribution has a sig bonus, and being small should take little damage from HAMs
An AF can Activate it’s module to be give near invincibility for 10 seconds, once it gets a hold of a t3.

Yeah I know that.

But I’m thinking about trying to nab a Tengu with Rapid Lights, so…

Even against rapid lights? If yes, thanks. If “no, it only works on HAMs” it’s back to the drawing board.

For 10 secs , my AF has over 30k ehp. If I fit it just to tackle and no dps, would be quite a bit more. That is quite alot of dps to do once it is eventually locked before a bc gets a hold of you. Your dps is also gonna suck if using rapid lights on a t3. the bc’s will own you.

Unless you flying something like a neuting legion, a t3 that gets caught by a BC is dead, the BC’s like the hurricane should be carrying neuts which will destroy a tengu’s tank.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.