3 Minute Warp Timer - Not Having It Is An Exploit/Avoiding Sentry Guns Is The Same As Avoiding Concord

Wrong, having renters and having a citadel in High Sec is not proof of Sov ownership. But what do you expect from CODE? Any thing less than unaccustomed to reality from CODE would scare the hell out of everyone.

You are just mad because we kicked you out of our territory

You didn’t kick anyone out of any territory because you can’t defend said territory within the scope of a war dec.

Talking about wardecs, can you tell us why exactly you are in that NPC corp?

Because I don’t want to suck the ISK from your corporation when you war dec me and I leave the corporation for administrative matters elsewhere.

I will just leave this here:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH,

sorry, but did you just admit that you would corp hop in case of war dec?
why not fight in war?

1 Like

Back on topic or I will flag your comments as spam.

Now why does CODE think that Bump Tackling isn’t the same end result as using a Warp Scrambler?

Because you can still warp

1 Like

How can a freighter warp out when it is being Bump Tackled?

The only way that a freighter can warp out during a Bump Tackle is if the Bumping ship stops the Bumping allowing the freighter to align and then warp out.

The only way that a freighter can warp out during a High Sec Warp Scramble from a ganker is when CONCORD destroys the scrambler ship.

In either case the freighter is not able to warp out before being ganked unless the gankers decide to not gank it.

The thread however is not about gankers deciding to gank a target or not.

The thread is about the use of Bump Tackling to keep a ship from warping while positioning the ship off of the grid of the sentry guns so that the ganker fleet will incur less damage when it comes to gank the freighter.

If he warps to an object or ship in the direction he gets bumped. He can for example send an interceptor into that direction and then warp to him

1 Like

Here is the catch: it has to align with the error of no more than 5deg (or so) - but bumping may actually align freighter with SOMETHING [station? citadel? planet? asteroid belt? matters not] and then freighter can warp to there. Sure you might have wanted to cross the system and reach other gate but instead you warped somewhere…

Wrong, not even a good try. Bumping Tackling a freighter has a 100% chance of sending the freighter in a direction that would still not allow it too warp out due to the alignment time.

Not even close to being on the table of a good try.

No, it does not matter in what direction it is bumped if the freighter has a friend in an interceptor. Fact is that bumping does not disable the warp drive

1 Like

Happened to me that I bumped orca in such a way that it got aligned with void space… I presume owner had a bookmark somewhere there - and then he simply warped instantly.

2 Likes

When is the last time that you seen a Bump ship trying to bump a freighter so that it can align to within your 5 deg error of margin so it can warp out?

That’s an even worse try than Wrecker Head.

This is not done intentionally - just cause you attempt to force align to your desired destination instead of changing to first available target and warping off is of no concern to me.

Looks like your whole argument lies in ruins.

The CODE. wins again.

Bumping itself aligns the freighter, just not to where the freighter was originally hoping to align to. As long as there is a warpable point that the bumping aligns the freighter to, the freighter can warp off.

A great counter, for people who want to be prepared, is to setup a large number of bookmarks off gates they travel through in common ganking systems.

Never as good as webs, but in the unlucky event that you get bumped, the bumper can’t see your own bookmarks, so you’ll be aligned to one at some point, and then escape by warping, no problem.

If AG went into the business of selling bookmark packs, they might actually do something useful for people.

2 Likes

Wrong, the Bump Tackle that takes place will never ensure that the freighter that is being bumped will ever align to a bookmark that it can then instantly warp off too once the bump ship stops bumping and re-aligns itself for another bump.

Like stated earlier, 90% of the ships that CODE Bumpers bump are on the non-station side of the gate to keep them aligning to something on the station side of the gate.

You really do sound like children making asinine excuses for reasons why you shouldn’t have your hand busted for getting into the cookie jar.

There is no reasonable argument that you can provide that doesn’t refute the fact that a Bump Tackle does keep a freighter from entering warp. Try as you might, you are just backing yourself deeper into the whole of a 3 minute warp timer being added.