Greetings Tenacious Testers!
The EVE Dev team have been working on a package of tweaks, fixes and improvements for the September release, which have reached the our public test server Singularity in today’s update.
These changes (with a couple of exceptions) are primarily focused on improving the experience for pilots in their first few hours and days in New Eden, but of course many of these will be generally useful for pilots of all ages and experience levels. At this time this list is incomplete, and more changes will likely be added over the coming weeks.
If nothing significant turns up during the testing period these changes will be released in the September patch. As always, if you wish to help, head on over to Singularity and get involved!
- Ships will now automatically enter warp after three minutes of attempting to align and reach the required speed.
- This will now put a maximum cap on how long a ship can be bumped or stuck on geometry.
- We’ve discussed this change in the past but its implementation hit some technical roadblocks which have now been resolved.
- Update: The warp text shown above your Ship HUD will now be different in the pre-warp preparing stage and in the actual warp stage
- Update: We’ve added a bar above the pre-warp text that represents your ship’s progress towards achieving warp. This bar progress is derived from your velocity, alignment and time to auto-warp, and should hopefully be quite intuitive!
- We’ve added a series of warnings to the fitting window, to help new and old players improve their fitting skills and avoid some more common pitfalls. More info and feedback in the Fitting Warnings thread.
- The larger simulation button has been restored to the fitting window.
Ships and Modules:
- Data and Relic analyzers being made non-repeatable (As only a single cycle is ever required at a time).
- A new “Shield & Armor” characteristic has been added to various ships that can be optimally fitted with either a shield or armor tank.
- All FoF missiles now have a Maximum FoF targeting range which they will correctly enforce when choosing a target.
- The settled system tab for NPC corporations has been improved to more clearly show their nearest station.
- Attempting to repackage a container now gives a special warning message.
- Added a Buy all option in the Kill report window.
- Added Skills on Demand in tooltips on items and in the fitting window.
- The Tutorial page in the agency has been completely updated.
- It now has a clearer design to help users track their status.
- The Replay button for active or completed tutorial steps has been removed.
- The rewards players are receiving from the tutorial should now be better displayed.
- Removed duplicate operation entries in the notification settings.
- Updated the Info Panel for the Tutorial and Missions to make the buttons clearer.
- The info panel contains unnecessary empty space.
- Button design in the info panel may be subject to change.
Thanks and happy testing!
CCP Lebowski for the EVE Dev Team