[September] Fitting Warnings and other QoL changes

Where does it say that a suicide scram will reset the timer.

Knowing CCP, it will warp away even under scrams.

Probably better to be consistent in the messages here. (Especially given that over on Fitting Warnings we’re talking about warnings about dual-tanking.) Have it be either ‘And’ in both sentences, or ‘Or’ in both sentences. (Preferably ‘Or’, as the word ‘And’ could mistakenly imply dual-tanking half the Republic Fleet.)

(i.e. Rather than calling the characteristic “Shield & Armor”, call it “Shield or Armor”)

i will quit with 4 accounts if bumping changes go through.

3 Likes

@CCP_Lebowski

Could you please also do something about the Show on Map function that does not work on the old map anymore. No one with a sane mind uses the new map and there is no reason why this should not work on the old map anymore.

I would hope that they would get at least that right.

1 Like

if you can’t kill it in 3 minutes you’re doing it wrong why should you get unlimited time to kill a ship?

8 Likes

Good riddance.

15 Likes

Show me proof of you quitting and I’ll sub 4 more alts to replace you.

11 Likes

If you actually do, pls contract me all ur stuffs

5 Likes

Bye … obligatory, can I have your stuff? LOL

6 Likes

I just tested it. A suicide scram does reset the warp timer.

That is a big nerf to ransom bumpers, but just a small inconvenience to an organized gank squad already forced to have suicide ships on standby to deal with the logoff timer. Every 2.5 minutes now instead of every 14.5 minutes.

5 Likes

Then why they introduce something that fix nothing? Maybe only if your orca is stuck between rocks…

I think ships stuck on objects was the primary reason for this change.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind this change as extended bumping was a little silly, but some balance has to be maintained. Freighters have a god-awful amount of hit points so there has to be some way to hold them in place long enough to get a large fleet there. I’m fine with this change imposing a cost on people who want to do so, and that encourages the gankers get it over with or let the target go.

3 Likes

“but we like to pair buff and nerfs to suicide ganking to keep things in balance”

2 Likes

Bring enough friends. It’s MMO after all and back then, they didn’t need to bump anyone.

And while freighters pilots whine loudest. Bumping is issue beyond suicide ganking.

1 Like

Nice with the bumbing, but ccp now that you are trying to “fix” something in high security (lol high) space let me tell you that you have already the mechanics in place.

Faction standings equals faction police reaction.
I propose, as now we have tags, security status equals concord reaction. If you are below a certain level you get concordoken if you are -10 I would like a message on the player scree you are going to be P.EX.ed pod express service from Concord. That would make the choice of being a pirate a real choice and not some kind of penalty that does not exist in reality.

Also now that we are on it buy my tags you Poor -10s

Make high security, lolwhat?, Safe again! Vote me for csm 3,14

1 Like

Indeed. And this is a minor nerf so let’s see what they Chaos Era has in store next for freighter pilots out there! :wink:

Indeed. And this change allows your friends to hold a ship in place until you and your other friends arrive.

It’s all good. People with enough friends will still be able to gank freighters with a combination of bumping and suicide scrams, but a solo bumper is kinda now out of luck.

Seems fine to me.

1 Like

I think the balance is getting adjusted in the right area. I am against someone doing no consequence bumping for hours and while I recognise that the bumpers will just suicide a noob ship on an alt to re-set the three minute timer which is no consequence for them, it does change it for ransom bumpers. I guess the price of tags will go up at least…

Thank you CCP. And this is chaos applied against what is low risk high return easy farming, about damn time.

3 Likes

it is actually “or” :slight_smile:
The tooltip read:
“Armor or Shields: Equally capable of using either armor or shield defenses”

5 Likes

I assume this will not go like with mission running where you are align to a station and killing rats or ratting in null when you clear out rats on combat sites with carrier. As if ppl will warp off after 3 minutes of aligning then the idea will be a massively idiotic.
Carriers will loose fighters and mission runners might end up re-warping to a mission straight inside a blob of mobs resulting in loosing ship.

If the “attempting” means the system somehow recognise that player is within a structure or object (happens in station warps citadels combat sites and even abyssal space) then yeah nice change. But if that include just aligning and slowboating in one direction is a dumb AF

1 Like

You are confused, it only appies if you are trying to warp and you are getting bumped by someone or something.

2 Likes