3 months after fanfest and what do we have?

Sooo, started with price hike and then promise to wait for fanfest for big updates to justify it and revive EVE Online…

What exactly changed since fanfest, where are the big features? Do we wait for next fanfest for an update?

3 Likes

Who remembers these?
images.jpeg
images.jpeg-1
EVE is under construction… The price hike? Have to pay for resources and labor. Those nails aren’t going to go in by themselves.

How long we’ll have to wait is anybody’s guess. I hope that reworked FW is worth a run.

We have Halcyon Dawn Skins

You have more CCP finest promises.

Another day older and deeper in debt. :musical_note: :musical_note:

4 Likes

I have a game I enjoy playing while I notice all kinds of improvements over time, nothing massive but it’s there. You have to want to see it though so it’s really only for people who actually undock and who can appreciate things that don’t increase their wallet.

This is EVE, made by CCP. That means that change takes glacial time and by the time it happens it will be full of bugs and not nearly what you hoped or expected it to be. So instead of clinging to change perhaps just be happy with what you have, and if you’re so salty you can’t do that then perhaps just uninstall and stfu.

4 Likes

You actually believed any of what CCP said?

Oh, my sweet summer child. Bless your heart.

8 Likes

The mystery code adventure, of course. The saga continues…
-================================

How’s that been working out, fanboi?

Just fine actually. Less 17 account semi-AFKers who might as well be bots. Less numbers go up industrialists who mess up the economy. Numbers are down yes but it’s mostly dead weight, percentage of active players (of that lower number) is higher.

See people don’t really understand that CCP fully expected people to rage quit over the changes, I mean it’s an obvious result but then the “This sucks I quit” folks would have to accept that the world doesn’t revolve around them and that CCP was ok with some people going “this sucks I quit” and that would hurt their ego.

Quality of players, not quantity. If only the forums would become Omega only, then that would help here as well.

3 Likes

you can joke a lot about online in 24k, omega 2200kk, but I think for many there is some psychological bar, for example, I will not play on empty servers with online less than 10-15k

1 Like

Then don’t.

Just realise that what is mostly lost is alt accounts and people who don’t really actively participate anyway. What remains, and the room/space/opportunities the people who left opened up, allows for new players to reach for the stars.

• edit -

Gaps are GOOD, it allows for new blood, fresh ideas, new groups that don’t necessarily have to pledge allegiance to an existing group. New names, new groups. Not the salty crying old fcks who stifle any sort of opposition and newcomers.

3 Likes

I pvp a lot. I see less bot/alt/farmers and more normal activity, percentage wise anyway. Right now a lot of null is empty because people still cling on to their kingdoms and reach, while lacking the active numbers. That will change, empires will adjust based on their actual capabilities, more gaps will open up. Gaps that will then be filled by new people, new groups.

Omelette, cracking eggs and all that.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s just how the world works.

I go to my boss and tell them “Hei, I know, I did not deliver much the last couple years, but what about you pay me more? I already implemented something, I will show you next Monday, it all will make sense.” Then on Monday I showed nothing but made just vague hints about a surprise I already deployed on production and will unfold over the coming months.

Naturally they pay me more now. Nothing happened so far, but they are still looking forward to the surprise. That’s just economics 101, why question it? You just hate CCP?

1 Like

They now lose 5.2million USD per month operating instead of 3.8million just 3 months ago!

1 Like

Yeah…the state of EvE isn’t really all that great, sorry. You’re deeper in denial than an Egyptian submarine.

4 Likes

CCP has been “attacking” the market people and play styles. That’s the point, we need less people looking at numbers (mostly while docked) and more people actually doing stuff in space. And yes of course doing stuff in space affects market related numbers and vice versa but the focus and balance is all wrong.

I now see percentage wise more people in space acting and playing like actual players. You see numbers go down, these aren’t mutually exclusive (less alts/bots/afks = less production and, to some degree, less destruction) but one is more important than the other, from a game longetivity point of view. I vote for active players in space.

On top of that lots of active null players started doing stuff in WH space and Pochven. It all adds to “null sec feels empty”, which is fine.

They never said Fanfest 2022.

Maybe we will hear about it in Fanfest 2068. Should be good though, that should be around the time that Star Citizen finally releases so we will have a good comparison of games.

5 Likes

Aisha’s been ranting about “numbers go up” manufacturing players for a while now, apparently based around the justification that “it prevents newbros from getting into industry”. (Think of the children!)

And Aisha’s all over the “fewer players means better players, only bots and krabs are leaving” argument. Without a shred of proof, of course. Reason and logic aren’t needed when you’re arguing from an emotional viewpoint.

I suspect Aisha used to fund their PvP (if any) with industry and is simply mad about being completely out-competed by the “numbers go up” people.

The facts that mining is down, production is down, destruction is down, trade is down, player count is down, subs are down etc. doesn’t seem to register at all. Everything is just more grist for the “I hate people who make more ISK than I do” mill.

Curiously, the one thing that is still going up is all the ISK farmed from blue loot, incursions, Abyssals etc. You know, the “people doing things in space” that Aisha is saying we need more of.

They’re the ones farming endless ISK into the game. While the manufacturers are the ones actually making cheap products available to newbros so they can go out and “do stuff in space” without having to spend days farming ISK.

And of course, that makes them the enemy.

6 Likes

Yes, everything CCP has done to ‘fix’ the economy has disproportionately hurt newbros and made it harder to get started in any career. And all the numbers reflect that as well as driving away established players.

Still, when the only thing someone can post in threads boils down to “players are stupid and bad for the game and should just leave”, I suppose that all looks pretty positive.

6 Likes

EVE Online | The Scope – “Deathless” Interrupts Concord and Diplomatic Crisis

It’s getting closer to this and if you doubt what you heard revisit that vod and listen to what Deathless says

They have No interest in common with you! They have done Nothing for you! They shall do Nothing for You!

How long will you listen to their empty words?

It is right there---->