6 skills CCP should remove to drastically improve NPE

The problem is that the skills board ends up becoming a traffic jam of competing skills…as one tries to skill for capacitor, and armour, and turrets, and missiles, etc, etc. Five months in, and I am still waiting for the skills to fly the 650 DPS Tornado I have the fittings for, and a Hecate too. There’s a whole series of competing 14 days or so level V skills one has to do before various ‘advanced’ skills can be done. This is absurd…5 months into a game. Players don’t have the patience of Job.

CCP should remove all skills from the game and find a fair way to monetise this game & stop beating down on new players subjected to arbitrary penalty.

Vet here with an ever increasing amount of unallocated SP, development is now never going to outpace the free sp I keep getting & I have so much Plex and isk I’d never ever consider paying $ in this game for items or gametime.

Stop think of skills as bonus hp, DPS ect and start thinking of them as the penalty that they are to new players.

I’d suggest milking multi accounters dry with a logmarthmic Plex cost per account. They’ve been a cancer to Eve since Plex, stop milking new players and start milking the hollow. Trust me they will pay as they are losers with no life outside of Eve.

I do agree the skill queue should be streamlined more. I like @Ashterothi’s suggestion of combining some core skills.

1 Like

Fixed that for you.

3 Likes

Try 1 (on Incursus) first - can use easily, then decide if training up to all 5 is your top priority. There are some intermediate options, too. Or would rather go for guns (-> Cata)

Can’t really try with just 1 to see if you’d like it.

that’s an opinion, possibly yours, which again doesn’t really help newbies to try stuff out.

Nothing can help newbies.

They need to help themselves.

Step 1) Stop crying
Step 2) Stop whining
Step 3) Get good

5 Likes

We can help newbies by not having them fall for the mission/mining trap, if only to show them there are other options. What they do with that information is up to them, sure.

1 Like

Maybe true…but then 20 years ago there weren’t so many things on my computer competing for my time. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, etc, didn’t even exist. Steam had barely got going…ah, the good old days when a game took a week to turn up in the post. Today I have to play a bit of Dishonored 2, a bit of Fallout 4, post on Facebook, catch up on Stranger Things as the new season is out soon…

…oh, and I might even find time to log into Eve.

There seem to be two camps. One side is no screw newbs and anything that makes the game easier.
With the general manifesto of “It was hard for me so it can stay hard”.

Again I’m going to underline the fact that EVE is multipliers of times harder than when it began. There is constant feature and skill creep and that in itself should be balanced. Secondly, stop being general idiots. More new players mean more fun for you in long run.

The other is basically in agreement with me that very early low multiplier core ship fitting skills are a problem that does make people stop playing before they can remotely be competitive in even a T1 frig…

And I agree maybe the answer is starting new characters with LVL4/5 in a position that literally to a vet a matter of 15mil isk and a month’s worth of sp. It doesn’t really matter how it’s done be it skill removal. higher starting skills or skill amalgamation.

My final feedback/challenge to anyone against this is: Go roll an alt. And actually play it again with no help from a vet or your main or anything. And try to get to a basic t1 frigate. with all the skills for it to lvl 4/5 without touching your main until you have. See how it feels to actually experience what a newb has to.

Then perhaps you’re not the EVE player CCP, and the game, are looking for.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they’re not looking for people who’s every post is negative. Nothing inclines noobs to leave more than vets with an ’ I got an arrow in the knee at the battle of Caldari Prime…I know everything’ attitude.

Do you have supporting arguments for your false dichotomy? After filtering out the ad hominem, there isn’t much left in your post “as is”, to discern why you disagree.

as long as my ship stop with the "the capacitor is empty " ■■■■ all the time you can take out any skill you want

Stop flying Amarr ships, coyo.

1 Like

bruh…

1 Like

I’m not, don’t be a drama queen. The point is that EVE is a long term game, it’s not meant to contend with the likes of games you list. If you feel that all those games are more important than EVE, being a long term MMO time sink, is not for you so why should CCP adjust and cater the game to someone who’s not really the target customer?

Eve is whatever I decide to make it. It’s not for you to tell me what it can or cannot be for me…or whether I play for enough time to qualify for your made up standards.

EvE is a sandbox. We can boss you around as much as we want.

1 Like

Lol…catch me if you can.