A bit of positivity - the winter event was good!

I see a lot of moaning and complaining on the forums but I would like to point out that I thought the Winter Nexus event this holiday period was really good. I enjoyed that you could do the event in different securities but the most valuable being lo-sec pushed HS players out into something new.

Aggression was good, I lost ships and that was part of the fun. The ISK was great and the best ISK came with the risk too.

More events like this please CCP. Get the HS carebears into LS!

What are your thoughts? Did you enjoy it? From in game chat I only see good things.

5 Likes

It was funny/annoying that Alphas couldnt complete the mining challenges, not sure if it was better than previous versions though.

1 Like

Agreed it sounds like it was good. Apparently these people also agree:

3 Likes

I admit that the winter event was fairly well designed. The only thing that really concerns and intrigues me is the bizarre dualism in the CCP approach to the task of regulating the economy in the game. On the one hand, the ‘time of scarcity’, various solutions to limit the trivially easy acquisition of ISK, and so on… On the other hand - winter event - in which, in the high sec alone, it was possible, spending a few hours a day during the whole period of the event, to earn a LOT of money. With a bit of luck, it was possible to gain a few bilion ISK with the help of a reliable, versatile and, in total, ridiculously cheap Praxis.

Don’t get me wrong, it is of course nice from CCP side to give a chance to earn money to every player who was ready to grind event sites, day after day. Nevertheless, on the one hand, hurr durr all year round, that it is time to reduce the ISK sinks and there is supposed to be a shortage to cure the economy, and here suddenly, in a few days, you could become king from the beggar. One, wide-ranging and long-term action negated by one, generous event. This is puzzling.

2 Likes

This is pretty much how events used to be, rewarding for those willing to actually engage with the game consistently. It’s not really a factor for the game economy, since it only happens a few times a year, and to be honest, earning a few billions over the span of a couple weeks is chump change (in overall economy terms).

Events like this are supposed to be a game-changer for casual/new players looking to earn their first billions, or encourage players to undertake riskier tasks and venture into new areas - that’s their true value. Well that plus, it gets more players out interacting with each other in more parts of space which is exactly what you’d want them doing in EVE.

So this represents more of a return to well-designed and engaging EVE events, as opposed to the previous couple years where the events seemed to be designed to say “We want to show we’re offering you an event, but we don’t actually want you to play or be rewarded by them. And QA testing isn’t our problem, that’s what we have players for.”

2 Likes

Nice to see others spreading some positive vibes too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have not tried any event.
I happened to be in an area with the snow effect on a burner mission and couldn’t even see my mouse pointer on the screen because of too many effects and because it was so bright, I almost lost my ship. Was glad to be gone again. And yes, I have turned off all effects.

1 Like

Yup, thank you, CCP, for this event. It was done quite well. My drones, however, were not amused :smile:

1 Like

Had only a few days before heading for vacation from PC, but what I saw makes it the best event since years. The winning formula: high rewards, conflict points with storm centers in lowsec and filaments, accessible by various professions in a balanced way.

PvP allowed for a multi step food chain which worked like ideal EvE, running sites yourself, killing site runners, killing/baiting hunters, fleet fights among hunters.

3 Likes

Agree 100%

1 Like

yep, overall I had a blast with the event. The only suggestion I’d make is dynamically refresh any “tasks” at downtime. I was stuck at 250 event points because I couldn’t do any of the combat tasks. Once my event log filled up with combat stuff, I could no longer continue.

3 Likes

Can confirm, that winter event was really good. Reward were plentiful, conflicts were also plentiful. Also the sp boosters are also good.

One Headpat for CCP, event was fun.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.