A Call To Action

And it shouldn’t be capsuleers. Most eggers are way too trigger-happy, with no concept of diplomacy.

1 Like

Greet them…

Do we know what exactly is Xordazh? If it is a moving station, a colony ship, yes, someone should greet them.

But if it is a station-destroying, planet-scorching warship of immense power, I don’t think that jumping in front of barrel to say “Hi” would be a nice idea, and the greeting should be way… “warmer”.

In the documents we’ve seen, the Xordazh is classified as a “World Ark”. The idea that it’s armed to the teeth is reasonable, but mere speculation right now.

And who should it be? CONCORD, who’ve been utterly untrustworthy in all Triglavian-related matters? Do we let the Empires scramble their fleets without the faintest clue what’s going on? Stars forbid it pops up in some Nullsec Sovereignty…

Like it or not, the most capable, best-informed (while still being somewhat trustworthy to the common person) parties in this matter… are the goddamn Capsuleers.

Personally? I’d suggest the SoCT.

1 Like

Interesting suggestion, but are the SoCT even concerned with these matters? They’re as aloof and secretive as ever, to my knowledge.

I think of it as a moving station but agree a moving station is a ship. My belief was we were being shown a command center those who align with the Triglavians would be allowed to use. The sight of it is sufficiently amazing that many would be tempted. I imagined this wonder would be moved into Kostorg - a Chamber of Gates. From that space Triglavians and aligned capsuleers would strike at Tyrant forces.

However, aligning with Triglavians need not mean aligning only against the Tyrant.

It is possible the command center could serve as a base for Triglavians and aligned capsuleers here in our space. Yes, that would represent some form of invasion.

But what would a civilization capable of building The Xordazh need with our space, Enemy Strike Commander Kim? They could invade stars that we have no access to and be done with us entirely.

Your story about the sword is engaging.

I also have a story. A General challenged a Minister to a duel. The Minister sought out a Master and asked for instruction so that he could appear to have put up a fight. The Master asked if the Minister did anything well. The Minister replied that he was only good with a brush. The Master asked to see the Minister’s calligraphy. After watching, the Master said instruction was not necessary. Before the duel, while everyone watched, the Minister should write a poem thanking the General for an honorable death. Resigned to his fate, the Minister did as the Master instructed. Watching the Minister’s masterful composure while making brush strokes, the General bowed, apologized, and left.

2 Likes

Ahh, I see. If it is not a weapon of that size then indeed opening fire first would be unwise. Lets not behave like goons.

I think with a weapon that size, you see it, jump through the gate into the next system, dock up and the station melts around you.

3 Likes

Well, then it’s a question if it is a weapon or not a weapon. The world “Ark” may mean not something we might imply. It’s undoubtfully sounds as Amarr freighter, which clearly has no guns and serve to move goods rather than inflict destruction upon enemies of the Empire. But Amarr is not Triglavian. Whether “World Ark” is a giant freighter or station-melting weapon platform we really need to know.

And even if it is a giant freighter, shouldn’t we know what exactly will it be carrying and where will it be heading? Somehow I doubt that its destination will be Jita to offer us their goods on the market, don’t you think so?

And thus, I’d have to ask @Aiden_Vayle, were you actually making a call to action, or a call to inaction?
Because, you know… an inaction can be as criminal, sometimes even more criminal than an action.

It could be argued Goons have a track record to show they have a solid grasp about capsule era strategy. Militias… less so.

I knew goons were pets to tribals, but not to THAT degree…

And I really hoped you were smarter than that.

You try to pass as strategist, and think recognizing someone’s capabilities means you need to be their ally? Please, for real.

Considering her only capability seems to be making a nuisance of herself in forums, yes, “recognizing” a friendly tribal against a SWA graduate could be a result only of some kind of relation, which being most likely a supporting ally, for which I can bring at least two instances:

1. Goons fighting for Tribals during the recent liberation of Okkamon.
  2. Arrendis personally supporting Minmatar terrorists during recent Blooder-incited uprisings in the Empire.

Now, since that part was clarified, could YOU please stop further derailing and trolling? There’s a separate off-topic thread.

@Diana_Kim my intent might be best described, looking back on it, as a call to prepare for action. Whatever you’re going to do, make your peace with it, arm yourself with all possible knowledge, and be ready… if the Xordazh ships under construction will be coming to New Eden, after all, it seems they’ll be finished soon.

The World Ark classification, by the way, seems to be a hold-over from the Xordazh’s ancestor designs. It’s as likely to field a combat role as a transport role, and could probably do either well. I expect a bit of both.

Has anyone considered the possibility that the Triglavians are building these things, not to be invaders, but to be refugees ?

1 Like

The possibility has been brought up. The Kitzeh, the original design that the Xordazh is based on (this was mentioned in intercepted Triglavian document transmissions), was likely used for that very purpose when the Triglavians fled from New Eden to the Abyss.

We can reasonably assume, however, that the Triglavians are actually fairly comfortable in the Abyss after thousands of years lived there, so unless they’re being invaded full-force by the Sansha and/or Drifters, they haven’t got anything to take refuge from.

Well, they might be ?

As I recall, the translation of one of their early messages included the phrase “hear our prayer”. One generally doesn’t use such a phrase except in the most dire of predicaments.

Did they ask CONCORD to assign them some territory or any of the Empires for some unused places to settle?

2 Likes

If they did, we Capsuleers certainly don’t know about it. Maybe they couldn’t (though I think they probably could’ve). Maybe that’s just another important detail CONCORD refuses to share with New Eden at large. That’s within their rights, of course, but is unreasonable and bound to cause future problems.