A counter to the cloak

afks

1 Like

Lukett MyDabb

technically, having a cloak makes it easier to shoot you in the grand scheme of things, back to wormholes again, you could be mining a rock or hacking a container that is 20+km away from the warp in point, and even if you didn’t see them on dscan first, you see them warp on grid, giving you plenty of time to warp off, instead of using a covops cloak, which unless you get lucky with your dscan timing, your too late to do anything once they decloak.

Have you ever actually been in a wormhole?

2 Likes

Think you’re disguising estimations as actual experience here :parrotmustache:

Suspected armchair-wormholer?

Speaking as a Black Ops pilot I really don’t care about a reasonable cloak nerf as it really wouldn’t affect black ops. Any counter to cloaking that could disrupt black ops would be so unbalanced as to break the game. However, I think a semi novel way to counter afk cloakers would be to add a cloak detection scan probe. Think along the lines of a moon scanner. They take ten minutes to give results on what goo the moon has if any. Think a delay of 30 minutes or so for a result on the cloaked ship and then only that pilot could have a chance to scan the cloaked ship down.
Honestly however I think an inactivity timer for the game is a better answer. If there is no user input for an hour or 90 minutes or whatever then you automatically safe log off. Any macros that fake it would be against the EULA. So if you are scouting spying etc its not too much of a burden to have to tap a key once an hour or so to stay around

2 Likes

Agreed. If AFK-ness is such a problem (cloaking or station sitting), make it simple: no matter where you are, if there is no input from the mouse or keyboard, then you get booted. Personally, it should be no longer than 30 minutes which is time enough.

Indeed, AFK people are a nightmare. What a nightmare it is to know that there’s people around, who aren’t even there. Especially in belts and at gates. These are the worst!

2 Likes

Logging players off is little different to them leaving system.

Local tells you that the cloaker has touched their key board in the last 30 minutes and not to undock. All you have to do is wait for him to disappear and watch for him coming back.

Its no good as a solution.

Personally, I don’t think any of them are good solutions except Krystyn’s probe idea which gives time for someone to bug out if they see it on dscan after getting back from the restroom.

or, how about this…

Now hear me out guys.

OR…

we could just not be bads?

just a thought.

1 Like

Nah…too much personal responsibility. Much easier to ask CCP to take responsibility instead.

1 Like

yup, i’m a wormholer, that’s why i’m vouching for a way to counter the cloak.

One of those wormholers who has no kills or deaths, and has never been in a corp?

2 Likes

Ditto this.

Post with your main OP, so we can confirm what you’re saying.

2 Likes

I think the Sensor Blast mod concept works like that, just with a smaller cooldown window and only a scope of scan frig target lock range. black ops players could still easily work around this especially if they wait outside that particular range and wait for the ping, then bumrush the victim since they can’t scan again. alot can happen in a 3-5 minute cooldown.

it’s not like i’m vouching for strontium as a cloak fuel like i saw once, and i like providing my ideas anonymously, not in the mood for getting harassed in-game because someone doesn’t like my input on a forum.

Then go login at one of the eve year in review sites:

https://youreveyear.appspot.com/
https://spreadsheetsin.space/year-in-review/#feedback

It’s easy to actually prove the things you claim while still protecting your e-honor:

Clearly, my activity is mainly null/low.

Yours would obviously show mainly wormhole activity.

1 Like

So you’re a crab, not an actual WHer?

3 Likes

We should socially shame people who are too scared of posting with their mains in a video game.

Making up ■■■■■■■■ isn’t going to further your argument, it’s only making you look like a clueless idiot. Something your post already succeeds in all by its own.

Regards,
A real Black Ops pilot

2 Likes