A couple of thoughts for getting new players in

A blog getting someone fired.

More importantly, if you’re well versed in game design you could just take the investment you clearly have and work on a proof of concept to see if what you’re suggesting is true or not.

Coming soon, 2019.

Botting is consistent, and war decs changes showed an increase of activity.

It happens a lot, but the way.

No there were thousands of bans.

Wardec nerfs showed increased activity PER wardec. But we have fewer decs now and player activity is a completely different measurement.

So battle of the concepts it is then.

This should be amusing.

Any yet again the thread got derailed by you know who.

This is a constant thing we deal with, in all games, that have player to player trade or economies. honestly, the future of the industry is probably in some sort of genius system, or not having player to player economic interaction.

Maybe we can do something like, player sales item to npc, npc posts it for flat rate, player 2 buys from npc, to prevent gold/item transactions, but what we know now, is that no designer, not even i, in all our genius has solved this problem.

I can promise though, turn off player to player trade, and this problem (botting etc) will vanish
until then, we are locked in the never ending war of dev vs bot, just as humans are locked in good vs evil.

I dont recall seeing that on the graph, i’ll need to go pull it to see if this is true, but if i recall, its not.

But it’s clearly all in the name of getting new players!

Are you on drugs?

TV and movies arent real.

4 Likes

So now the plan isn’t to just get rid of the pvp sandbox but the player driven market too?

Why do you like eve?

3 Likes

No. I was making a point, that botting is always going to be in eve, because eve will always validate it by having player to player trading.

He’s from the US, is highly religious and islamist.

What else would you expect?

1 Like

Must have missed this in my skimming. That still doesn’t solve account selling, nor does it have to do with getting new players in the game.

Hey, I don’t take offense to that :c

Likely so, like any game. But still, thousands of bans were given in the time period in question.

AND we’ve just locked alphas out of level4 missions. That may have stopped some botters as well

Especially when you keep replying to it, jeez u guys, c’mon.

I thought u were all smarter than this?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

3 Likes

Never assume someone is a troll when they may just be simple.

Solecist tries to help the less fortunate, they simply refuse to hear.

2 Likes

The point that was being made, was an excuse for why the population is dropping.

here’s the thing guys, we can validate hilmar is lying, the reason we can do this is because the average a day needed to increase eve’s income population per a week is 1428. The charts are not even breaking 300!

Thus, it is IMPOSSIBLE for 10k players to come here a week, unless the server is lying.
I want to know, did the server lie, or did hilmar?

Most of the time I’m not actually doing that. I’ve been through this already numerous times, there’s no point in trying making people aware of what they’re doing.

We should be thankful we have clowns like Noori, Balos and LSG. Imagine how boring it would be if there wasn’t someone who continously shows us how much they fail in real life. vOv

2 Likes

bans are always issued, they have always happen. This is not a legitimate argument for the population decline, its only delusion.

I believe the point being made is the thread has been off topic long enough.