A couple of thoughts for getting new players in

Is that really important though?

Yeah… whilst my reply was to you (so I could do ‘the quotes’) I was referring more to the likes of Daichi, Taloris, et al.

You good sir should keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

3 Likes

How about a contest who flags more posts off-topic? :smiley:

1 Like

LOL, I keep getting told ‘you’ve used all those up for today, come back in 24hrs’ :expressionless: makes me :frowning:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Excuse me, but I’m a lady, totally independent of the original and not an alt of myself at all! My name meaning “grammatical mistake in speech or writing” being a perfect anagram of the guy who keeps claiming i’m his alt (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR IT’S A LIE I TELL YOU) is just pure coincidence!

:blush:

Actually we’re not off topic, we’re on topic (for once).
this is a very important part of the overall picture.

If we are accomplishing 10k a week, we have big issues if the population is dropping.

think about this, this graph clearly shows a decline in the average.

If this graph is true, and hilmar statement is true, eve has a negative retention rate. That means its losing over 100% of the players it has come to it.

We should not even be talking about how to get new people at this point, but how to fix them leaving!

iv created a new discord just for the topic of eve discussions here: Discord I welcome everyone to join so we can talk, i think its more important so we do not convey bad emotion in our text.

There seems to be some level of discomfort here, due to the loss of that emotion.

Through mysticism and the arcane arts, I envoke thee to subjugate the written words to your whim - @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode !

But as far as attracting new players go, I think we’ve beaten the topic with a stick long enough. There’s a lot of good suggestions, some of which the community can work on but we need the people to be actively doing it. The rest relies on CCP and a ‘ninja hotfix’ team for smaller updates.

@Noori_Naarian wouldn’t that be more a retention problem instead?

2 Likes

I don’t know who she is, never met her in my Life!

1 Like

Note that that graph you posted shows no dips below 20k except for today (which is because we don’t have all of todays data).
Now go and look at the 1 month data, it clearly shows loads of dips at quiet periods of the days down as low as 10k
This indicates that the data sets used to create the two graphs are different data sets. Certainly they come from the same initial data, but the data set for larger timeframes discards some of that data set, therefore you can’t directly compare them,
Looking at month by month in recent history we can see plenty of months which show similar numbers to what we have now, in some cases even lower numbers.

That is per every hours, so multiply by 24 for the day, read the timestamps on the graph, or are you that incapable.

1 Like

My sincerest apologies, m’ah lady… though I feel it’s necessary to point out…

One doth protest too much! I mean, that’s obviously what an alt of oneself would say to deflect the fact that you are your own alt!

lol

also, in b4 lock now it’s been all gooped up with goop.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

YEAH MATE JUST KEEP TELLING YOURSELF!

Dude you seem like a decent fellow, but I have issues keeping track of who’s an alt in my own corp… what hope do I have on teh forums :slight_smile:

I will suggest though, that sometimes just being really really still for a while makes em lose interest, and they wander off and find someone else to pester! :smiley:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

This is a very important point, and i cannot express it enough how vital it is to saving this game.
If the population of the game leaves, unhappy, we are spreading negative word of month.
this will only pollute the people on the market into thinking “eve is a bad game” when its “not”.

:thinking:

1 Like

Ah, you need the rite of AshkEnte and a small amount of mouse blood to summon @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode.

There’s also the @ISD_Buldath summoning gif if all else fails.

7 Likes

You are quite right, it is almost totally impossible to keep track of alts unless they have a habit of making all their names similar.
Fortunately, most trouble makers are easily spotted, and the occasional one who does not have a similar name, has a very distinctive writing style.

1 Like

I’ll have to pay more attention to with whom I’m speaking…

Thanks for the entertainment! Again, some good ideas were brought up.

Does the ISD foreword the better ideas from the forums?

And just to get those 2 steam engines rolling…

Were only stuck with this kid till he hits puberty and finds something better to do with his hands…

Edit; Damm, I missed the other post before it got locked. :joy:

That’s ■■■■■■■■.

4 Likes

lmfao

3 Likes

There is no smack talk in Amarr anymore.

New players could get a good drift of the game from all the backbiting/name calling/baiting/scamming/backstabbing/ganking/begging/wars/battles/fill in the rest for those who were there.

Kinda like the forums, but with a little less drama. :wink:

Does anybody remember what year that happened?