A couple of thoughts for getting new players in

Yes! It’s a phenomenon I’ve been watching for ages! They always believe they need more SP, or a better ship, or more ISK, THEN they’re ready! In the end though is this just “foolings ones self” because the problem of the person thinking “I’m not ready yet” isn’t that they’re not ready, it’s that in their mind they believe that they need to be at a specific point to begin!

They’re afraid!

They’re fooling themselves, because the only way to ever be ready is to start trying and learning! All theory in the world does not prepare for practise!

1 Like

IMO we need a reason to play. I’m an on/off player and always enjoy a bit of exploration, PvE, PvP where I can find it without hours of nothing, PI, it’s all fun stuff. The problem is that there’s no reason for doing it. At first I thought we needed something like raids but they really don’t fit with Eve. Eve needs something more like a reason for people to want to fight. Right now corps/alliances sit next to each other in harmony. Break that up! Make them compete over something. Maybe whoever holds a certain system gets a reward every week/24 hours. Have it randomly placed. That would give corps a reason to fight, a reason to need isk and pilots and a reason for individual players to grind to contribute. As it stands I can just pay £10 and skip the grind but end up with nothing at all to do because everything is based around grinding to earn isk. We need another “grind”.

Edit:
Alternative thought… Instead of adding more, take some away! Shrink the universe. Bring players together. Resources are currently too vast so there is no reason to compete.

2 Likes

You are talking about hisec carebears who were likely caught out by one of their corp mates reacting without any thought to a can flip.

Solecist

You always blame the victims. It’s why we can never agree for more than a couple of posts.

As far as I can see, the only reliable path to get into EVE is via boosting (experienced, ISK-rich, RL friends or at least a few hundred USD to burn just to get started) or by being a kind of person that seems to be quite rare in “high-end” EVE.

The second claim is (obviously I hope) unprovable, but it’s not a kind of person that would be happy in a low-combat PVE-heavy environment.

No, I am not, because THEY’RE NOT VICTIMS!

YOU, all by yourself, declare them victims and base your whole logic on that, but IT’S WRONG! THEY ARE NOT VICTIMS! In your mind everyone’s a ■■■■■■■ victim, as if self responsible behaviour never existed!

You’re a horrible person for doing this! How dare you insult humanity like this?

Victims, apparently.

Topic Closed. More then half the posts are off topic and cannot be reasonably recovered.

1 Like