A data point in the whole 'who owns a wreck' debate

I’ve reread both posts again and yes, i was completely lost (for some reason i mistakenly remembered OP being wreck owner). Thanks! It’s clean now.

2 Likes

Can we have this thread sticky please? Again today I read from people in chat about this last hit myth.

1 Like

Dads everywhere are groaning in agony over this…

3 Likes

Alpha machs are about messing with the opponents locks. Forcing them to then lose time to get onto the next target.

Oh, this whole time I thought it was to get more last hits…

Also why missiles aren’t liked. Because back when contests used to happen it meant alpha machs could shoot them while missiles were in flight.

‘used to’? I was just in two contests in two days, one was a surprising win, the other a resounding loss. Still that does explain why I only sometimes see a pancake in fleet.

If contests are regular again consider me happily surprised. they were never happening last I ran incursions.

Yeah it’s odd, sometimes 3 or 4 hq communities are in the same focus, even if there’s others.

it is based on most damage but the calculation includes overkill
if a frig has 100 hp and an ibis does 60 damage
then a tornado comes and does 14000 damage
the tornado will get the wreck even though it only did 40 damage to the frig

Not to spit into CCP Darwin’s exceptionally well made food salad …
… he’s the only one I know of who actually talks to us every now and then.

He’s a rarely happening exception and not the rule. CCP does not actually interact with us on the forums, except for him. CCP Falcon locking threads doesn’t count either.

Politicians don’t give a ■■■■ about us either and anytime ONE does a single thing that seems to be good for the people someone like you comes up and declares that politicians actually care and i just really want to spit into those people’s badly made food salads filled with cockroaches. And worms.

CCP Darwin for CSM!

1 Like

Yes, the killing blow for ownership of the wreck is a myth. It is the most damage dealt what counts. That is why people fly Gilas for the event sites. Gila Event meta is no accident, though Tengu does even better in this event.

I believe the applied damage counts here, not the amount of damage you do pre-resists. So, the point of last-hitting isn’t to get the wreck, it is just a simple way to have opponent deal with heavy shield and/or armor tank, while you steal the juicy hull HPs.

I’ve nerded out with CCP Falcon on here. Had a conversation with Logibro before his departure etc. It might not be daily but when something is intresting to the individual they ‘chat’

Exceptions still don’t make your statement, which implies that it’s a regular and general thing, any more valid.

Sorry. I’m not willing to let anyone give CCP as a whole any credit or kudos uncontested, as long as it’s so far from actual reality. Nothing personal.

I have four words to say. Passive Aggressive Intelligent Troll

Sure, if you rather deny the truth in favour of making baseless accusations.

Well that explains armor shots; Incursion Sansha are shield-tanked to all hell, and once that goes, they melt fast. Still wish there were some hard-and-fast rules or a live metric of some sort so we would know who was winning a contest, like a live damage counter that shows all present fleets. Would make highsec incursions even more competitive.

Would it? Or would a counter just show whoever are second that they better give up now and cut their losses?

Never thought of that, but you have a point. Though EVE seems to be all about cutting losses.

1 Like