A Gift to the Empire, and The Nature of the War

Never say never.

It’ll never happen. Never.

And you know it—your own words about why you chose to publicly support Chakaid showed that. If you didn’t, your family was at risk. Not because he was a good or moral man, but because he had power, and there were plenty of people in the MIO and Tetrimon willing to use… creative interpretations of the truth, if someone in power wanted them to. The investigators themselves are corrupt.

But we both know you can’t say that, either. At best, you can issue some kind of limp denial and assurance that you don’t believe it. Because if you actually do publicly express concern like that… well, then you’re disloyal, and your family’s back at risk.

At least we haven’t gotten quite that bad. We can still say ‘Shakor’s network of conspirators murdered a large number of Republic citizens and fabricated the ‘evidence’ they left behind because they’re a corrupt bunch of sycophants in service of a madman with a lust for power’ and not have to worry about whether or not our families are next.

At least, not yet.

1 Like

I’ll tell you this for nothing, though: if the Empire really wanted to mess w/the Republic, the best thing they could do right now would be to pull Sarum’s leash. Yank him back and get him off of Floseswin and other planets in the warzone, and make it absolutely clear that nothing like that would be tolerated in the future. Do eveything they could to remove the pretext for Shakor’s ‘Emergency Powers’.

Then see if he resigns, as the law requires.

You speak as someone who believes in the power of words over deeds whilst failing to realise that yours especially have both the volume and value as grains of sand in a desert. I really have little care of what you say, Arrendis. Yapping discouragements towards me has no effect; only foolish, limp-willed children would make the mistake of believing them. Words have meaning, they have power, certainly, but mine are to be used with care. My actions, however, speak for me between those times.

I know I have made a difference in the struggle to heal my Empire, and so do others. Over and over, I have sought to prove my loyalty and ability to right the wrongs here, and with each deed my words will have more effect than that of a tongue-flapper who overuses the tasteless fruits of their empty head until theirs have no meaning. You are one of these, and attached at your hip is another. Perhaps I should be grateful your clumsy rolling through of our gardens picked up that bit of rubbish and removed it from our sight before it could do more damage to itself and us.

Despite your flawed impression of us, honesty is actually a highly valued trait in the Faith, even when speaking to power. We just do it more tactfully than the disrespectful displays seen in the Federation and Rebel Provinces. Words to live by for us:

“For it is only in the garden of a just and truthful society, watered by well measured faith, that we may cultivate the spirit of the people.”
– The Scriptures, Seventh Letter of St. Junip of Aerui

Your are correct that some have forgotten this. I have not. Many others have not. And we will remind the rest.

2 Likes

:clap:

Oh, well done, Aldrith. All the right notes of seeming to demand honesty and a ‘just and truthful society’, and speaking truth to power… without ever actually being critical of anyone in power. In fact, you did it while reiterating your loyalty and simultaneously discounting any potentially critical words you may have said in the past.

I especially liked how you cast my criticisms as ‘discouragements’, though of course, they’re nothing of the sort. Good work. I hope they buy it.

1 Like

Nor was it meant as one. Gaven’s a widely-recognized scholar. Whatever insult you decided to take was entirely of your making.

I’d only be disappointed if I cared, I’m afraid. I express myself for my sake, not yours. Ask Aria, as I’ve said elsewhere: she gets me. At that point, you were the chew-toy. Nothing more.

Masochism? :slight_smile:

I know im a little late, and to be fair, i havent read all of the replies, so im not sure if this has been brought up yet. But didnt Alar Chakaid use the epithet, “Rebel Provinces”? Are you a secret follower of the EOM Aldrith? Thats what I hear whenever I see the term “Rebel Provinces”

As stated in the Pax e Kilizih Do, what is called elsewhere the Minmatar Republic is referred to as the Rebel Provinces. Within the decrees contained therein, House Ardishapur is granted domain over the Lower Rebel Provinces of Heimatar and Molden Heath, whilst House Sarum is granted domain over the Upper Rebel Province of Metropolis.

This is the official policy of the Empire now. While de facto they are sovereign, de jure they are part of the Empire. This policy has been informing the actions taken within the currently active warzone we fight in.

2 Likes

Not according to international law, they’re not. If the Empire really wants to make that assertion, rather than just making vague statements that might apply to the warzone, and letting their lapdogs say stupid things like that, they need to contest the Republic’s seat in CONCORD, among other things.

Clearly our previous treaties are not worth the dataspace they are written in after the Sanmatar’s pardons of your own treaty breakers. I pray you will excuse us if we do the same.

I’d have to excuse him, first.

1 Like

To quantify the structures Ushra’Khan lost to allainces other then those engaged in Militia Warfare, since Mikal Vektor is of the sort that has selective amnesia, here is is a list of the structures we lost to all the pirates in cahoots with Amarr Militia. Most probably paid for by Amarr Militia sympethyzers.

Shadow Cartel
1 Astrahus
Shadow Cartel assisted by Winmatar. and some stray Amarrian FW players
1 Raitaru
Snuffed out
1 Astrahus
1 Fortizar
4 Raitaru
1 Athanor
Snuffed Out, CVA and assorted Amarr sympethyzers
1 “Prometheus” Fortizar
Baltrom’s boys and sometimes Maglor Shaye, seldom assisted by some stray Amarr
6 Astrahus
Agressively Average
1 Raitaru
Knights of the Posing Meat assisted by some minor Amarr sympethyzers
1 Astrahus

So, this list might also be of interest to Recking Crew. It is abundently clear that Amarr Militia lets most if not all of it’s dirty work be done by others. Most notably Snuffed Out.

If Mikal Vektor or any other Amarr Militia contact was in the loop on the Amamake Keepstar hit that would be a really likely source of the leak that ended up costing Recking Crew 7 titans on what should have been a surprise attack. The Amarr will constantly wave a few lost structures to Snuffed Out in defense, but ask yourself…why hasn’t Snuffed Out burned all of the Amarr structures available to them?

Edit, some spelling.

I gotta hand it to you Kaver, you’ve really outdone yourself. First, you just sloppily link an embarrassing list of all your lost structures while pointing a finger at amarrmil for working with pirates to “do the dirty work for us”, despite the fact that BRs associated with these structures often have kills like this, which paint a pretty clear picture as to how friendly we regarded pirates on grid. Then, you take the deep dive into conspiracy and arrive at the conclusion that I, Mikal Vektor, am in cahoots with Snuff’d out. I’m not sure what asteroid you’ve been living under for the last 5 years, but I hate to tell you that of all the pilots in new eden, I’m probably the one that the leaders of snuff’d out hate the most. The animosity between CTRLV and Snuff through the years has been pretty well documented, resulting in titan losses on both sides, as well as the loss of our staging fortizars - a pretty interesting aspect of the relationship to not mention, especially in a post in which you criticize other of having “selective amnesia”. The reason Amarr still have structures and that you do not is that we have not overextended and anchored small structures with anti-subcap defenses all over the warzone. Our structures can defend themselves and are supported by actual fleets, which requires snuff to form actual fleets to bring them down. Individuals that attempt to bash minmil structures with lone dreadnaughts are rewarded with a structure kill. Individuals that attempt to bash amarrmil structures with the same thing are rewarded with a dreadnaught loss. That is the difference between us.

I don’t know what prompted your regurgitating of misinformation on topics which you obviously know nothing about, but please, spare us whatever this is.

Also, I almost forgot - here’s the BR for the UK fort in Kamela that you’re crying about:

You’ll notice CTRLV formed up in bhaalgorns, flying alongside minmil under the command of RC in a rare show of cooperation to expel foreign invaders from the region. I guess I just forgot to tell my pilots to not neut the enemy caps, and consequently also forgot to tell hywanto to not volley our battleships.

Silly me!

What’s the matter Ferra ? Slaverhound got your tongue ?

Hy shooting whoever he feels like shooting, even while working with them, is nothing new.

Arrendis dropping in and muttering irrelevant nonsense, even though she* is irrelevant to the subject matter, is nothing new.

Nor is your misgendering and getting the details wrong.

((Thread has once again degenerated into off-topic abuse because people don’t know when to ignore off-topic and/or OOC remarks. You were all warned about this. Thread’s locked.

Additionally, this warning also applies to the “Bosboger Bounty” thread, which is getting very close to being considered entirely off-topic for the forum section due to repeated abuse and nonsense. If it continues over there it will probably be moved to the Player Fiction section.

I appreciate people are exploring the boundaries of RP in the world of New Eden but there are limits and the IGS forum is not a venue for playing out zero sum forum wars.

• CCP Delegate Zero))
11 Likes