A Moment of Disrespect - Hell Dawn Attacks Funeral Procession

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

obviously a manipulated message, the saviour would have of course informed and included Lewak and myself into his message.

#notmysaviour

1 Like

Dr Disrespect…SAY IT RIGHT…handlebar moustache twitch-pride guy.

The thing is, Binette did make his mark on EvE; he helped his little group of players grow into what someone on Reddit called “the French Pandemic Horde”. His friends chose to honor his passing by inserting his in-game remains at the cemetery in Molea.

Furthermore, the logic you’re using - that having the funeral disrupted and the deceased player’s in-game corpse stolen is a better memory for that player than a relatively peaceful gathering - is applicable to people who have their funerals picketed by the Westboro Baptist Church; rather than a quiet, peaceful service, the people who have come to mourn and remember someone have to endure an act of monumental disrespect for the deceased that is nevertheless still legal.

I readily admit that Hell Dawn’s actions weren’t the kind of pure, hateful slime the WBC has made itself known for, but they were still trashy and should be condemned as such.

Combat ships don’t normally fit fireworks launchers, either. It looks to me like the player fit their hearse so that it could defend itself from attack, forgetting that trying to do two things at once is a bad idea and they could just deploy a mobile depot to refit with fireworks launchers once they reached their destination.

Now, what did you mean by saying bots don’t get funerals? And why are you calling them “miners”, since they weren’t mining anything?

All I see is a blank black square.

1 Like

What’s next? High school graduations held in Tama? Charity fund raisers in Amamake?

Nobody better interfere or they are bad people.

2 Likes

Really? Do you have no response to my words other than this painfully transparent attempt to stuff words in my mouth? And slippery slope fallacies, at that.

There is a tangible difference between those things and the death of another human being, and keep in mind that CCP takes a dim view of anyone trying to ■■■■ with their charity fundraiser events.

And on that note…

What the hell is wrong with you people?

This isn’t someone raging over their blinged-out exhumer or AFK-piloted freighter getting blown up; one of our fellow players died in real life, their friends were trying to honor that person in the game that brought them all together…and you have the gall to mock their friends for being upset that some jerkasses shat all over it?!

Yes, Kairos should have taken extra precautions when setting up this funeral like clearing the killright and using a travelceptor or out-of-corp alt to haul the coffin, because there are genuinely terrible people out there on the internet who delight in treating others horribly every chance they get.

But even if Hell Dawn’s actions were allowed by the rules, that does not mean said actions were right or proper. They were a genuinely awful thing to do, and your words here show a legitimately reprehensible lack of empathy and class.

4 Likes

Yeah, you are wrong.

Very well said and I agree 100%, especially the last part.

3 Likes

We don’t know him, so why should we care?

People play video games to escape real life and have fun. Why didn’t they do it out of the game or somewhere safe? Not other peoples prerogative to stop playing the game because some random person died

Yeah we’re all complete sociopaths for not wanting to stop playing the game so some random jerkoffs can hold a funeral in a video game lmao

Get over yourself kid

2 Likes

Really, for somebody who doesn’t care about it, you sure are constantly trolling this thread about it.

Heh, yeah right, do it out of game. Just exactly how long have you been playing this game? Over the years players have been placing can’s there in that system to honor friends that have passed away. In fact CCP has acknowledged that site as Eve’s Graveyard. Nobody said anything about having to stop playing. They just wanted a little time to conduct their memorial.

Yeah, that’s the first correct thing you’ve posted.

How about you follow your own advice.

2 Likes

lol

yes

and?

ok

So they want us to stop playing the game

If you don’t like it, quit eve and go find a game that forces people to stop people playing it so others can hold funerals.

Maybe Cemetery Online?

2 Likes

Heh, not surprised you posted a typical troll reply,

Yeah, you should definitely do that, especially since you don’t like this thread.

1 Like

It’s not a troll reply, it’s what is reality, and you don’t like it

Qqmoar kid

1 Like

:rofl:

Dream on ganker kid.

1 Like

Because it’s the decent thing to do.

If we met in real life I wouldn’t be able to tell you from Adam, and the same goes for anyone in CODE., but if you, or Aiko, or anyone came to these forums and told me that one of your friends and fellow alliance members had passed away IRL? I’d offer my condolences for your friend’s passing because you’re a human being at your keyboard just like I am, and your pain is real.

And I wouldn’t hesitate to tell any oxygen thief who showed up to crow “Ding Dong The CODE. Is Dead!” how they’re a piece of human ■■■■.

And now you’re not only putting words in my mouth, but also attempting to misrepresent my argument by acting like I said “Hell Dawn should have packed up and left when Kairos’ procession showed up, arglebargle!!!” or something in that vein.

Picture this: Hell Dawn is camping a gate in highsec, as you do, when the Kairos Initiative’s players come along and ask to be let through and hold off attacking for fifteen minutes because they’re interring a friend’s body in Molea. One of the following happens:

1. They decide to let the procession continue unmolested. This would be a cut above what is expected of them, and would likely earn them praise amongst the EvE community when the story spreads.

2. They let the procession through and follow them to Molea, waiting close by as the Kairos players inter binette’s remains in the graveyard. Upon seeing the can go up, they decide to back off and find other prey. Once again, a cut above what is expected of them, and will also earn them praise.

3. They let the procession through and follow them to Molea, waiting close by as the Kairos players inter binette’s remains in the graveyard. Fifteen minutes pass, Hell Dawn says “Time’s up. Ready or not, here we come!” and then engages the Kairos players. Nothing more could have been expected of them, and while some people will inevitably cry foul the rest of the community just shrugs.

4. They think the Kairos players are lying, attack, and destroy the hearse. Upon discovering binette’s corpse in the wreckage they go “Oh ■■■■, it wasn’t a lie!” and return the body so that the kairos players can inter it. Maybe it was a mistake, but considering the skullduggery inherent to EvE it’s a completely understandable one.

Any of those choices would have been fine, and none of them - not one - would have required Hell Dawn to, as you so disingenuously put it, “stop playing the game”.

But they didn’t choose to do any of those things, because they appear to think cruelty is a virtue, that asking for a smidgen of basic decency makes one a “precious little snowflake” or some such rot, and thus they couldn’t bear to wait for just fifteen. ■■■■■■■. Minutes.

Or maybe just not steal binette’s corpse like a pack of raging shitheels. Ain’t that a novel idea!

I have a better idea: how about you try and show some empathy for people mourning the death of their friend? Or perhaps you derive a twisted feeling of satisfaction from behaving like an edgy teenager?

2 Likes

@ISD_Lord_Arranoth could you plz remove the tons of CODE out of topic propaganda or even better close the thread, cause it’s overrun by off topic posts.

1 Like

No it’s people pretending they are at a funeral so they don’t get shot.

3 Likes

I’m closing this now as it has gone off-topic and just back and forward arguing. While what one group has done is legal in the context of the game and many would approve of it on that basis, it is something that many others would not approve of. No one is right, no one is wrong. Welcome to the sandbox.

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting