A new IGS Renovation

:mahjong:

2 Likes

Well, enemies of the State arenā€™t sleeping, it seems, and already fill the new forum with their pathetic propaganda with lies about Caldari personnel. It comes from the people who are already familiar by their offenses and slanders. Their behavior is expected, and I would just recommend to keep in mind to avoid paying attention at their provocation and lies.

I donā€™t remember any of these two persons saying anything about me that didnā€™t contain a lie.

5 Likes

@Diana_Kim You are made out of a lies :dragon: :cn:

4 Likes

ā€¦ well ā€¦ I guess their remarks are apropos now, anyway.

3 Likes

Accusation without a proof is called a slander.

And also this is a reason why diplomacy with Federation and its supporters canā€™t be fruitful, while you resolve to such approach together with your friends Makoto Priano and Veikitamo Gesakaarin.

Iā€™ll keep doing my job and you canā€™t do anything to stop me. And very soon you all three will perish under Caldari Navy boots.

Also, have a good jam.

3 Likes

I suppose thereā€™s still time for them to fix the atrocious design choices. Not that itā€™ll make much difference given the ability to embed images, video and so on. Itā€™s been tried before in many places similar to this and it has never gone well.

Imagine if you will, the old IGS - that is, the ā€˜newā€™ old IGS, not the original version most of us probably donā€™t even remember - as the barrier to entry. Itā€™s been firmly placed at zero elevation, mostly allowing passage without anyone even knowing it was there.

Now imagine this place plowing underground at terminal velocity. Calling it now.

5 Likes

You have been a threat to the state for decades

2 Likes

This is going to take a while to get used toā€¦ also, I wouldnā€™t hold your breathe with regards to content quality improving. The layout is even more like those quip-oriented social media networks, and the people are much the same as ever.

With this look, Iā€™m half-expecting a selfie to end up on this thread.

5 Likes

so far so good i guess. I canā€™t complain.

3 Likes

blammo

3 Likes

Please donā€™t.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a portrait, not a selfie.

Donā€™t be lazy.

3 Likes

make me

2 Likes

This one suffers badly from the modern design choices where they leave in a bunch of information thatā€™s occasionally useful, but mostly just distractions that could be hidden under scroll-overs or other such means of minimizing clutter, while removing a lot of useful delineation and readability design.

Scroll through this thread and see how much more your eyes need to work to keep track of who/what/where/when than the old. Note the lack of corp/alliance tags. Note the poor user portraits. Note the poor delineation between (potentially) useful/interesting content and distractions.

Thereā€™s certainly potential here, should the powers that be actually sit down and do some decent design work, but as it stands this is a severe downgrade in terms of usability, readability, navigation and usefulness as an asynchronous communications platform.

Right now itā€™s just fallen victim to ā€˜modern galnet designā€™ which has been the bane of galnet for some time now.

6 Likes

Actually, while you are spreading your slanders and lies about me on forums, Iā€™ve been killing occupants and invaders, protecting space of Caldari State.

Were they your friends? You can go cry over their wrecks.

Or maybe you will dare to come here yourself and face me in your ship? Iā€™ll gladly send you with your ship in direction I send all enemies of Caldari State. By parts.

3 Likes

Boooo! Change is baaad!

3 Likes

Really? Iā€™ve been plexing your home system out of boredom and have yet to see you undockā€¦

Donā€™t mind me, just testing out quotingā€¦
:wink:

3 Likes

Change is neither good nor bad on its own. Like I said, thereā€™s potential here. Some of the features are quite nice. This doesnā€™t change that some other changes are quite demonstrably not, and thereā€™s quite a lot of things that didnā€™t need to be removed, and other things that could vastly improve the user experience.

Did you have any actual argument against this, or is this just the usual ā€˜boo hissā€™ when someone points out fixable problems?

6 Likes

People are just always upset when Spacebook updates. youā€™ll get used to it, like YulaiTube.

5 Likes

BESIDES! look at these cute little furrier emotes!
:parrotdad: :fiestaparrot: :sassyparrot:

5 Likes