This is an ugly forum

whats with this awful disqus style interface. it feels so cheap and tacky and its ugly to look at.

can we just scrap this and keep the old forums and add embedding to the old forum?

4 Likes

Seems fine to me. Just takes some getting used to but seems to have more features and easier customisability for the DEVs.

1 Like

i agree with this Sir and or Madam. It feels like the chances of successfully derailing a topic went down considerably and responses can actually be properly addressed at who theyā€™re written for.

Well done, I say, but the fonts could use colour schemes.

1 Like

i dont even see my alerts or messages anymore, and its just empty space on the right hand side. and this popup box for posting is just tacky.

its like reddit and disqus had an even uglier baby.
cant even tell whos who because the portraits are so tiny and circular now.

2 Likes

this is incorrect also, replies stack under initial replies. you cant even track when posts were made because its a non linear layout and theyre wasting space on the right with this timeline stuff.

posts should be order linearly by post time top to bottom. i dont want collapsible sub posts within posts.

1 Like

seems configurable option to me - because I have the posts sorted by time ā€¦But without ā€œwideā€ experimental ā€¦ too much unused space

The old forums were very slow and struggled to function, I highly doubt they could add any more features to those forums. As stated above, make sure you use the ā€˜wideā€™ view, you can set this in preferences. To get the most out of your space.

1 Like

Itā€™s more than just setting things to be wider or not.

Everything runs together on them. Thereā€™s no separation betweenā€¦ anything, really. Every forum, thread, and post are essentially one long mass with only a narrow line to separate them.

It feels like Iā€™m being forced to use a mobile version of the forum while on a desktop, but with none of the perks of an actual mobile device and all of the drawbacks (most notably the running-together of everything).

1 Like

i had issues as well. itā€™s both linear and nested, but it works out ignoring one or the other. using it like the old forum simply does not work with this system.

why not give it a week of trying to adapt. then you can still complain and suggest. :smiley:

This forum is so nice

Not even looking at the old one anymore

1 Like

If we tried to add anything to the existing forums, theyā€™d basically do this:

5 Likes

And here I thought they already had?

Sorry, i canā€™t see your face on this micro-portrait. Who are you again? What is your corporation?

Now i need to look for ā€œdisable imagesā€ option. Or ā€œNo more funny pics from CCPā€ check-box at least.

1 Like

This is wrong. Iā€™ve already tried wide settings on laptop.
It doesnā€™t help at all.

Itā€™s awful on phone also.
Pardon the darkness, I have a screen dimmer that makes the colors much warmer for nightime viewing.

Old forums on phone.
Nice and neat and I can look down all the categories.

New forums

Everythings smashed in my face. Canā€™t zoom out. Canā€™t see the categories.
Why is it showing me threads in the categories instead of all the categories. I donā€™t need I see the first three threads of each category. Iā€™ll see those when I select the category. Main forums should be categories and sub categories only.

Old forums zoomed and scaled to new forum layout

How do I got to market discussion, how do I get to issues, or suggestions? Idk I have to manually scroll down the entire page because you have the new forums zoomed in 2000%

When Iā€™m on the old forums I have 25 categories I can see laid out neatly just from the top of the page while at standard zoom on web version.
Standard version on new forums gives me 1 category. I shouldnā€™t have to scroll down the entire forums looking for one sub category.

1 Like

Iā€™m simply not using this one. Ill continue to use the old one.

I want to like this post but I have to randomly click buttons till I find the like option cause I canā€™t see a simple ā€œlikeā€ button.

Even official discourse advice is to not push those forums to already established forum communities. My theory is CCP wanted everyone who liked old forums better to get lost. It looks that way to me.

6 Likes

just click the heart?

edit: gee, no heartā€¦

Look at the quoting, itā€™s not inserting the text Iā€™m replying to, my name is clipping with the actual reply symbol and micro portrait and it just looks like Iā€™m talking to myself without an object im directing my comment towards.

Without an inserted ā€œblank said: blank blank blankā€ thereā€™s no context to what Iā€™m saying in any given reply here.

I didnā€™t even notice the lack of corporation or alliance name.
That needs to be fixed as well.

Does it display positive and negative standings as well?

Iā€™ve already mentioned the portraits are tiny and round.

1 Like