A new IGS Renovation

Well said, not everything new is bad, just different usually.

3 Likes

Wait a minuteā€¦ you canā€™t see how many likes someone has from a glance! HOW WILL WE KNOW WHO IS BEST?

2 Likes

Speaking of good changesā€¦

3 Likes

click their name, then click their name on the pop up, says likes recieved

4 Likes

Well, Iā€™m sufficiently amused.

4 Likes

First it called me ā€œbasicā€. Now it says Iā€™m ā€œcertifiedā€.

3 Likes

Certified IGS posters, thatā€™s a thing now?

4 Likes

ā€¦ Iā€™m ā€œincensed.ā€

Sort of. I mean, some of the features are nice, but, there doesnā€™t seem to be a way to make sigs, and ā€¦

@discobot :point_left: why is this a thing?

4 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

5 Likes

SEE?!

7 Likes

Stā€¦ stop poking it!

ā€¦ but yeah, thereā€™s significant room for improvement. Iā€™ve found a plug-in that at least doesnā€™t compress the damn place into a third of my display, but thereā€™ll be limitations to just how much you can hack together usefulness on these boards I suspect.

4 Likes

personallyā€¦ I like @Discobot.
He showed me a cool captain barbara

5 Likes

:crystal_ball: Ask again later

5 Likes

Thank goddessā€¦ by which I mean Claudia, of course, not the empty-threats of the pretender.

4 Likes

Are sigs so awful?

And were all the emojis necessary? A lot of them seem ā€¦ well ā€¦ weird. Was whoever designed this place trying to lighten up our image?

Most of the furriers are headache-inducing and seem like they might cause epilepsy in sensitive people. Especially looking at the full panel of them.

This should be a new home. Instead ā€¦ :sadparrot:

(Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get used to it, but, first impressions arenā€™t doing it favors.)

8 Likes

Judging by the ones on the old IGS? Yes.

4 Likes

Sigs are fine, if they have some limitations on them. (Image sizes, character count, etc)

Because theyā€™re so fun and cute! :blush: :wink: :heart_eyes: :fastparrot:
Yes, I am sufficiently old and stodgy that typing out the line above had my brain shriveling in horror and trying to escape through my ears rather than be subjected to the indignity. Itā€™s not a popular opinion these days, but the cluster was better off when we moved away from weird bloody pictograms for communication and developed actual language. This added nothing but horror and moron appeasement to the boards. [quote=ā€œAria_Jenneth, post:79, topic:3662ā€]
This should be a new home. Instead ā€¦ :sadparrot:
[/quote]

but is better cuz lol lookit furrier lol :thonking: or something.

6 Likes

Itā€™s not a bad thing. Last version of IGS was extremely formal and that provoked toxicity. You canā€™t be toxic when you have such bright emoticons.

Also, testing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIN973qCxyo

5 Likes

:volcano::tophat::zap:
:gun::rage::bomb:

:poop::smirk::icecream::icecream::herb::grinning::icecream:

:ear_of_rice::ear_of_rice::ear_of_rice::scream::ear_of_rice:
:ear_of_rice::grin::knife::anguished::ear_of_rice:
:dizzy_face::ear_of_rice::dizzy_face::ear_of_rice::ear_of_rice:

:radioactive:

ā€¦ weā€™ll see.

8 Likes

I believe this is some kind of pictorial representation of Aria, or possibly another person, going on some kind of stabby rampage through a cornfield.

Which would certainly affect grain prices !

4 Likes