A new IGS Renovation

So it’s come to :fastparrot:, has it.

I would like to take this opportunity to formally announce my new allegiance to the Equilibrium of Mankind.

Nothing can ever be right in this cluster again.

8 Likes

Damn kids and their newfangled comms software.

7 Likes

Having sigs on a forum where the guidelines say [quote]Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.[/quote] would be counterproductive. Sigs were mostly used as ad space anyway, so I’ll miss scrolling past them as much as having to wait for a commercial block to finish during a holocast.

5 Likes

I guess. Sigs always seemed to me like a kind of neat way to kind of personalize your every post, even if I never actually used them myself.

4 Likes

Come again when I am not sleeping.

2 Likes

Some things I am not a fan of thus far:

1. You cannot see the original poster from outside the thread. I can no longer sort threads by decently intelligent people and morons I do not want to listen to.

2. The reply list appears as portraits instead of written names. Now I need to scroll over your picture to see if the last things said were stupid or not.

3. Oh Lord, these garish, distracting, annoying pictographs. I thought only primitives communicated via tiny faces.

8 Likes

Also, looks like quote of quote didn’t work with automatic quoting.

2 Likes

Only be in the area for a few more days, but well see if that can be arranged.

3 Likes

I stand corrected. I still have to concentrate slightly more if I don’t recognize the face, however.

3 Likes

ya, noticed that too.

3 Likes

I just want you to know I have a copious amount of relevant Achuran and Jin-mei anime cartoon related memes and I now have a venue to showcase them all. :dealwithitparrot:

6 Likes

[details=Uh … I’m sure they can be used for depicting something worthwhile, my lord? … sort of? Even going for the grimmer end of things it’s hard to say anything very complicated, I guess.] :cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_lightning::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain::cloud_rain:
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::grimacing::dagger::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:
:dizzy_face::dizzy_face::herb::dizzy_face::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::expressionless::herb:[/details]

I kind of like that I can get more or less the content of a scene from an awful holo without speaking a word, though.

3 Likes

You cannot nest quotes with this software, no.

4 Likes

No quote pyramids? Why isn’t the Jita monument on bloody fire yet?

3 Likes

I do not care for this.

5 Likes

Old people often get grumpy about change.

3 Likes

This thing is great. Now I can shitpost by proxy!

4 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

6 Likes

I feel like this is the start of a beautiful relationship, discobot.

4 Likes

I do not think I will be migrating to this new forum. Emojiis take too much out of serious discussion in my opinion and the old forums were already horrific with inane conversation and topics. I am not faulting the format but I believe that what little meaningful discussion of the politics of New Eden there was has little chance now. A trend that has taken place over years has grown exponentially to the point even I must admit it effects.

I am sure it will be more enjoyable for the pilots who enjoy casual conversation and quipping and will hopefully uplift some of that as a better platform for enjoying the company of others.

Sadly, that function of social media is not why I ever frequented these forums and that form of humor and response seems empty to me. It is not the fault of anyone but me that I find it too predictable and I do not think I care to debate or suggest a better route.

I have been aggressive, provocative, and cruel. I have hunted far more of you with locators, killboard trawlers, and Thera than any of you will ever know. I am not writing for sympathy or any other reason but catharsis. Because I think it is better for everyone that many like me are going away or have gone over the years. Better than staying and trying to preserve what is gone. I think that the Summit is a much friendlier place, and more accepting now so it is not necessarily a loss. It is though, a change.

People like me have no place in acceptance and harmony, it is not what I was bred for at all. Small talk and conversation about children is as alien to me as discussing fighter squadron tactics and the ways soldiers cannot sleep at night might be to all of you. I cannot pretend to care or empathize.

I have wanted to talk about The Shrike, for years it was by far what I poured the most of myself into outside of Thera. …And for years I could not because so many people in their envy thought I was just trying to lord over them something they did not have. I am sad to say I just wanted to talk about my Nyx or discuss the constant wars I was in. This is just one example but I feel like it exemplifies why I am making this decision. Why I cannot survive in this new climate. Why this new community and a Kameira cannot get along.

I do not know why I chose to share my thoughts, it is typical of me to act in silence. But this seems a fitting place and time to express what has been on my mind for a long time.

I will remain long enough to act as a judge for Lunarisse’s contest and read all submissions of course. After that I hope I am proven wrong.

I sincerely hope the rest of you enjoy the new format and new group of pilots. :bird:

12 Likes