A pirate faction is missing Amatarr

So the Amatarr are said to be Minmatar who live under the Amarr rule but in an autonomous state. They have a bit of Amarr technology, to keep them ahead of the Minmatar, but not enough to be a threat to the Amarr.

I would love to see some Amatarr ships come out over the next few years.

I imagine the bonuses would be like a hybrid of the two. Minmatar speed or flexibility with Amarr lasers.

1 Like

4 Likes

Thukker Tribe first, yo!!

Besides… I would really like to see the Caldari/Minmatar combination filled.
And not just because I have those two races trained…
:innocent:

–Space Nomad Gadget

For a long time (years) the punisher was arguably best fit with autocannons and tanked like a brick with a 400mm plate. I’ve sort of felt like the fit had a bit of ammatar flair.

3 Likes

They’re not special enough to get separate ships,as for thukker,we have t2 ships which are thukker mix built.

1 Like

Thurkker would be cool also. But they actually have some ships in game, there are NO Amatarr ships in game.

2 Likes

The Ammatar are granted autonomy, but they are under the guiding hand of the Ardishapur. You can go look at old EVE News items wherein Yonis Ardishapur was granted control of the Mandate and set about revitalizing the region after the destruction caused by the Elder War. Their shipyards produce Amarr ships (including a run of “Yonis-variant” Abaddons), and presumably their navy is populated with Amarr vessels. It’s odd that their station models are Minmatar, though.

But they are not a pirate faction, and there’s nothing in the game or lore to suggest that they have their own unique technology and weapons development firms. There’s no reason to think that “Ammatar-designed” ships would exist.

2 Likes

There is a line in the flavor text about the Ammatar fleet,
“The Ammatar Fleet is neither big nor sophisticated, but it’s strong enough to keep the Minmatars at bay.”

The assumption would be they would not employ the exact same ships as the Amarr but but hybrids that aren’t quite as powerful.

The thing is every major and minor NPC faction in Eve has a skin or a ship design for their group except the Ammatar.

Interbus has skins
Thurkker have skins AND ships
Blood Raiders, ships and skins
Mordus, Ships and skins
Gurista, ships and skins
Khanid, skins
Angel, Ships and skins
SoCT, ships and skins
SOE, ships and skins
CONCORD, ships and skins
The Syndicate, skins
Sansha, ships
ORE, ships and skins

The Ammatar dont even have skins or ships.

1 Like

An Ammatar SKIN would look almost identical to a Nefantar SKIN, but would have a different faction emblem. The Nefantar SKIN is basically the Amarr default SKIN slapped on Minnie ships…so all of this becomes redundant.

The Mandate can barely be called a faction unto its own. It took the massive resources of an Amarr Heir to reconstruct and improve the social, educational, medical and military infrastructure of the Mandate, and to reconfigure its military (which originally was dominated by True Amarr officers lording it over Ammatar underlings). World news items have established that the shipyards in the Mandate are known to be used to produce vessels of Amarr design.

There is literally nothing to suggest that the Mandate has the resources, or even desire, to develop its own naval force and advanced tech. Especially when they could (and do) just use the Amarr ships they’re familiar with. If anything they’d just slap the Mandate emblem onto an Amarr hull and be done with it.

The thing is there isnt even a SKIN for the Mandate, at all.

1 Like

If the Mandate were to beef up it’s forces and issue new livery, it could be seen from the home-worlds to look as if the Mandate were rebelling.

Guess how that ends…

–Gadget whispers do it anyway

4 Likes

2 Likes

IMG_20180328_114917~2

For some reason Gal has access to 5 Faction groups, and the rest only 3.

To balance it out, would need:
Min/Cal
Amarr/Cal
Amarr/Min

That would be 5 for each.

(Society of Conscious Thought and the CONCORD ships excluded as omnidirectional)

1 Like

What if Amatarr issue due to having to deal with large numbers of small speedy attackers in their skirmishes with the Minmatar specialized in utilizing under-gunned ships for their size category? So they’d have significant fire-rate bonuses to using small lasers on cruisers or medium laser on battleships. As for the frigate, maybe its just a bit over-juiced with additional fire rate still but far more quickly runs into cap issues.

1 Like

Possibly that?

2 Likes

Factions and particular bonuses on those Faction classes is a very complicated issue.

Just pointing out that currently Gal benefits from 5, and the rest of the Empires from only 3.

1 Like

Proj/Shields

Armour/Hybrid

Lasers/Speed

1 Like

Could be, but Factions are weird with their bonuses.
Especially the SoE axis.
They arent all that specific to Empire types of tank/weapon system, but other stuff like vamps, cloaks, missile speed etc.

1 Like

I agree with the Minmatar/Caldari Should be the Thukker tribe. But instead of weapon bonuses, I would make them a slightly OP omni-logi (including remote hull repair bonus).

Amarr/Caldari - could be EoM. Personally I imagine it as an armored missile faction. Amarr would give it armor plate bonus and/or weight penalty reduction resulting a surprisingly light vessel, while Caldari would give it application bonus. This is a combo that we don’t have yet. Make them use modified Amarr ships, with the Abaddon as their battleship, because it would look awesome with 8 torpedo or cruise missile launchers on.

For the Amarr/Minmatar Ammatar, I don’t know. High armor resistance with projectiles maybe?
Also, we have the cloaky recon faction as SOE, but we don’t have a d-scan immune faction yet. Could that be Ammatar, and the reason they were able to hide from Amarr?

1 Like

So…Minmatar, Gallente and Sansha?

1 Like