A Route ie; Prefer Safer

It doesn’t have to as the route that had been set reads Prefer Safer eliminating danger that might come from by non players such as NPC’s

The pilot is a new pilot and does not have a bad standing with any faction is my backstory in this thread.

I’ll highlight it for you: Safer, does that mean invincible to you?

I would like a screenshot of the use of : eliminating danger that might come from by non players such as NPC’s

All players have bad standing with the Trigs … they invaded the ■■■■■■■ empire!

No, I don’t wish to use whiteout on the monitor!

Yes, where are the White Faction Navy ships?

Busy elsewhere.

Well, ■■■■ off then with your ■■■■■■■■.

Need a new Option then, one that selects the path for us that can jump past the Invasions as that does not fit in the Prefer Safer.

Safe “Protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost

Safer " secure from liability to harm, injury, danger, or risk: a safe place. free from hurt, injury, danger, or risk: to arrive safe and sound. involving little or no risk of mishap, error, etc.: a safe estimate.
reference taken from dictionary . com

‘Prefer Safer’ means that instead of the usual dangers of High Security space, you do not also encounter the dangers of Low Security space on your route.

It is safer to only fly through invasions instead of invasions and gatecamps.

Case closed.

3 Likes

No, that’s the definition of ‘safe’.

‘Safer’ is relative. If something is incredibly dangerous and something else is only a little dangerous, the latter is considered ‘safer’. That does not mean it’s ‘safe’.

1 Like

No, we do not. Use your ■■■■■■■ brains. Are you one of those special kids that needs to be warned to not put your little dog in a microwave to dry it?

Jesus wept. … “safer” in the context of the game means safer than “not safe” or “dangerous”.

:popcorn:

1 Like

/kicks over your bucket of soggy popcorn.

Nicolai Serkanner
Like I said my backstory for this thread is that I am a new pilot. I didn’t say I was some apprentice chief.
Please don’t bring your home cooking recipes to me.

So I see the reasoning about having the options and the safer option is of course the safest option of the pick.

This is where the discussion can continue.

I’m glad you can see that, but I think the discussion is finished then. ‘Safer’ does what it’s supposed to do, and if on top of that you want to avoid certain systems on the safer route you can manually add those to your avoidance list.

1 Like

■■■■ off to the role playing forums.

Well, maybe I just overlooked it. I don’t remember seeing any Triangles in my route path which surprised me when I entered an Invasion system in the route path.

I’ll set a course going through an Invasion area and see if the Triangles show up in the route.

Anyway, I agree with the OP, there should be some sort of ‘tick’ box to hopefully make the route path bypass Invasion systems.

1 Like

The triangles do show up for me when a route takes me through an invasion system.
I don’t think we need yet another tick box to avoid those: you can just rightclick the triangle systems on the planned route, add them to your avoidance list and you get a new route (if possible).

1 Like

OK, I figured out why it didn’t show the triangle.

If your destination is one system within the invasion zone, the route won’t show a Triangle but it will show the Trig logo in the destination text box for the route.

Now if you travel through a system within the Invasion zone to another system within the Invasion zone, then that first system (and any other involved systems) will be displayed as a Triangle in the route and the destination text box for the last system will show the Trig logo.

2 Likes

That character is from July 2018…what do you consider to be a new player?

I’ve never had issues going through invasion systems. Just get a fast align ship and don’t use autopilot. If you do get caught, they’ll more than likely speed up your time to warp when they web you.

Oh this was fictional as I tried to place myself inside the pod of a New Pilot to try and visualize some of the minor barely tolerated changes that had come before the final release of this Invasion where roaming fleet wings infest our New Eden.

1 Like

So what does this say about Eve?

New Eden is real and Eve is the Mother.