A significant update to Industry

Wormholers, going to be huffing gas like no one’s business. More than those buggers in high-sec who cannot get access to materials needed to build measly tech1 battleships. CCP may have missed the boat on that one, pirate faction, and naval issues I could sort of understand, but normal T1’s Nah that’s a step too far IMO.

5 Likes

The advertisements on the billboards inside and outside of stations shows battleships being flown and say’s “available to all”, well with these changes they won’t be available to all, because the isk wall will be too great.

2 Likes

How does CCP or the CSM think it is ok for high sec to not be able to build mining ship? High Sec does not have the mineral needed to build barges or even porpoise.

Where is the reward for high sec being the place where most ships are destroy? Heck Null Sec has not even passed high sec in destroyed ships even with the war! Risk Vs Reward, hahahahaha!!! Balance the game CCP!

1 Like

Venture?

Actually they do have thoughts. In years gone by I raised the point that Outer Ring Excavations is almost inaccessible. If no one can run missions for them - then why not have an agent in High Sec? After all both Thukker and SOE are in High-Sec as faction organisations. But over time I was advised by a CSM member - it was never going to happen. I’d assume that the same applies to materials as it does to blueprints and faction mods.

You still can build mining ships in high-sec. Because someone from low/null/WH wants a piece of the action and will sell the required materials in high-sec. Or re-processing of mission obtained modules will yield a partial replacement source of key minerals which cannot be directly mined.

The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer,The recent changes are not friendly to new players who are not in high-security areas,And those who had a lot of savings, buy a few spaceships and just lie still and double their earnings,Newcomers who want to catch them have to buy Plex, is that your goal?CCP

2 Likes

The general assumption here seems to be that it’s easy and fun to get things from A to B or to coordinate with others. This contradicts my personal experience. Professional logistics is cumbersome and very expensive. Amateur logistics tends to get blown up. The desire to be self-sustaining has been expressed so many times but people just seem to assume this is some antisocial tendency instead of having solid reasons. As a result, I expect stuff to become more expensive and the market already reflects this. Of course, if you’re in a big group, you will be better off (hint, hint!). Business as usual from CCP.

2 Likes

So having finally a chance to dig into the changes posted in the spreadsheet, I found at least one major flaw at least in the linked doc.

R-O Trigger Neurolink Conduit are should be used in the production of all Caldari capitals, (because they use Caldari mats and are used for Caldari battleships.) but currently on the spreadsheet they currently use the S-R Trigger Neurolink Conduit. The opposite is true for Gallente. So yeah thats big and needs to be fixed cause it doesnt make sense for products native to Caldari space being used for Gallente capital production and vice versa. Probably just a typo but that would be really silly if it hit TQ like that.

I should note that the caldari armor plate reaction (Titanium Carbide Reaction Formula) requires Oxygen fuelblocks as well. The caldari racial fuel is Nitrogen. It would be nice to get this fixed as well.

Thanks, looking forward to the update.
@CCP_Dopamine

1 Like

The gold part is, and I just thought about it, all this and very ■■■■ routes to Jita full of gankers and triglavians.

Amateur logistics part gave me giggles.

It’s been already pointed out to the devs on stream that the spreadsheet is missing SoCT ships Praxis, Gnosis and Sunesis. There is some inconsistensy in how those ships were given out. Sometimes they give away ships, sometimes its BPCs (with 1 trit material input). Fun stuff.

It’s a minor concern if compared to what i’ve read so far but i wanted to point it out anyway …
If hisec can mine itself the minerals for frigates and destroyers, why make them cheaper?
Do you realize that cheaper destroyers and battlecruisers with no updates to freighters and mining ships is yet another buff to high sec gankers?

2 Likes

Mechanically nothing changes to high sec ganking, the only thing that may change is the value a hauler can move without being a profitable ganking target, depending on mineral and hull values after this update.

We don’t know yet what the mineral prices may be after this update, but it could be that the ‘safe’ value for haulers goes down. Not a buff to ganking per se (unless haulers don’t adapt), but it may be a nerf to hauling.

I respectfully disagree, technically, a ganker spends less to obtain the same result. Sounds like a buff to ganking to me.

5 Likes

Unless I am missing something significant, even to build a simple frigate we are going to need reacted materials, so CCP will you finally let us have and use Reactors in highsec?

Otherwise, I don’t have too many issues with the changes, only issue I can see is going to be the current scarcity of resources.

1 Like

It seems t1 frigates and destroyers will require fewer minerals while t1 cruisers and battlecruisers remain untouched, so no reactions needed there.

• What makes you think building a mining barge should be possible in highsec alone?

• No player is caged in highsec. It is your personal choice to leave it or not.

• A reward for ‘high sec’? Hm, I start questioning your sanity now

Frigates and Destroyers only need Trit, Pyerite, Mexallon, and Isogen once the changes go live. Faction versions however will need PI/Moon goo

Thank you CCP Dopamine.

In the last 3-4 years I have been playing the price of destroyers has increased by at least 100% and this has had no noticeable effect on ganking. I’m pretty sure a 25% decrease in hull cost will be totally insignificant too.

Gravimetric-FTL Interlink Communicator and Magnetometric-FTL Interlink Communicator are backwards for the factions they apply to for Carriers, Faxs, and Dreads.

I also want to note some serious disparity when it comes to types of fuel used in these reactions, when it comes to the amounts needed for the final product. From the numbers I have been looking at, Oxygen fuel is used significantly more overall than any other. The main culprit for this seems to be the new Thermosetting Polymer and Oxy-Organic Solvents, as both are used in Reinforced Carbon Fiber which is heavily used in Core Temperature Regulator, Life Support Backup Unit, and Auto-Integrity Preservation Seal. The best way I think it could be balanced is just require 3 blocks instead of 5 for the Thermosetting Polymer reaction. Just something to look into.

Also want to add that several of the fullerene types on table 7 are hidden by a mistake in useing spaces instead of align, easy fix, just visual but kinda confusing.

@CCP_Dopamine @CCP_Fleebix

2 Likes