A significant update to Industry

Heck, literally any battlecruiser with cargohold expanders and Miner IIs. :smirk:

Full circle?

8 miner2 Apoc mining into a cargo can?

IIRC rokh has highest mining yield, becasue highest CPU.

When these change will occur ?
there is something more precise than “April” ?

CCP pulled previous Project Discovery without providing any date, just one vague warning months ahead. I’m guessing it will go the same way with these changes.

Apoc was the best miner before barges and the Rokh came around.

I had to dust off my mining acct’s just to chk. Both can fly both ships to 5! When I had all the mining skills up, I turned those into pvp toons as well. “Not a pound for air to ground” with this toon though. :neutral_face:

i wish new eden store can sell ships industry is dead

1 Like

To hell with Industry, Mining, PI, Ratting… They’re just a waste of time. PvP is the only viable play in EVE.

You want to pay PLEX for ships? That’s a good idea but you can already do that by buying PLEX, selling it for ISK and buying ships at Market so it would be redundant.

1 Like

and who will seed that market with the ship genius?

2 Likes

CCP will, genius. They already seed stations with fitted free corvettes, genius. Where do you think those free corvettes come from, genius?

1 Like

then genius it will not be a sandbox game anymore … if you want to pew only play COD. or maybe fortnite is more your style

2 Likes

4 Likes

You can only speak for yourself. Not for others. That’s your expression of your self-righteousness and an attempt to appear to practice PVP-only gameplay in some vain illusion to attach some self-worth to yourself.

EVE is a sandbox. Everyone is welcome, and the universe is open to do what anyone wants to do. That includes mining, industry, trading, exploration, and all the possible play styles. These are all equally viable and attractive activities for many people. That’s what makes this game exciting and rich. PVP-only game would be boring and stale.

Your Neanderthal mindset will never understand this.

7 Likes

No one cares about a noob ship. Stop being silly.

3 Likes

This is the final conversion from a Pay to Play MMO to Shovelware, Ya’ll have really missed the mark on design changes since 2014 IMO.

List of Cons

1. Grandfathering in Insane amounts of wealth
  2. Increase the opportunity cost to the point that it is going to be not fun
  3. Appears to be cost balancing ships
  4. Require a boatload more skills to complete the same task you were previously able to complete for the past X number of years.

Pro.
Umm halting supercapital proliferation (you uhh shouldn’t have done 2016 the way you did if that was a plan, you’re just giving the playerbase whiplash, hurting player retention, while monetizing it more from the remaining players you have left, this is not a good plan moving forward.

Put this patch on hold and go back to the drawing board because I don’t think you’ve thought out the long term effects of this, as a veteran player this is not the direction I would like to see the game going.

7 Likes

we have done the math. the need for fuel blocks of all varieties is going up more than just a little. we still dont have ice in our constellation. you really need to give us our ice back. even then, it will only be one type so we will still have to buy / trade for the other isotopes. its time to quit starving us on ICE

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. Bring back ice the way it used to be, where it took a full day or more to mine out an ice belt with just a mackinaw.

yesterday I found 5 belts in two adjacent systems. dafuk is ice starvation ?

1 Like

yah 5 belts in systems owned by other people 15 jumps away when our ice system has had 2 belts in 9 weeks/. thats the issue