A significant update to Industry

Bro it’s literally 1 level 3 skill, like seriously. Just stop.

“promote cohesion” and replies to me condescendingly, nice paradox “bro”. Take your sour attitude to whatever massive corp you’re obviously “happy” in. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This is a meaningless and incorrect response. I said it would promote cohesion in the game, not that you and I would agree on the forums, nor that it would make me a nice person to interact with in EVE.

Out of curiosity, which skills that you’ve currently trained will no longer be needed in the new industry landscape?

If it’s a case of requiring new skills, well I think you’ll hardly find yourself alone on that front!

And as for change, well… I think you should find yourself so lucky that you’ve managed a solid 8-9 years without significant impact! Not exactly comforting words, I know, but Eve has always evolved and changed as things have developed. I know plenty that spent months grinding out iskies to get into carriers pre-DBS who felt exactly the same as you, only their skills and isk investments have proven not even remotely useful for the last 6 months - at least you will have the ability to work with either smaller ship construction, or final component level construction and generate an income while you acquire the missing skills - a great many players took the loss of their entire asset list and earning potential in one fell swoop, especially when combined with the mining changes as well.

Wish you all the best in your endeavours in any event, and chin up! You will find your knew groove far quicker than you expect, I feel.

At least this time around you have extractors…lemons into lemonades.

My indy heart was broken long ago when they had another big change. They did horrlble things to ME. Bad things, terrible things. Forget the skill name but this pita skill was you jsut suffer the train for the best me you could get. After the last change…this became a speed skill.

THey also removed old ME system with this crap 10 max system in play now. SOme bpo’s broke my heart really. I had them tweaked nice, real nice. Now they are just a crap 10.

My angle was ME not TE. A big job like a BS run job coming out the over 1 hour faster did nothing for me if it was now 1400 and not 1500 on a weekday. you see, I’d still be at work. I liked the old old way where you could play ME games. I’d sell lower because I had lower build costs on the scorpion for example.

Still have that crap skill in the indy char’s head. I may get some injectors again to speed up an alt. Last time it was useless rock skills on the miner that went. And this char’s xl missiles since at the time minmatar dreads were split guns/missile when I started the train.

Since they broke my indy spirit long ago I could lose some high end skills this go around. I really just need to make ammo at this point lol. Could not give a rat’s butt if it takes extra time.

clearly you have no clue what it would take to move a mining fleet , support it with pvp fleet and provide the logistics to move the ice to a place for compression. CCP clearly stated that they want to present more industrial targets for gankers and they are clueless about the effort it takes to move industrial fleets. its time to end this nonsense . Even if we mined that ice, we still need 3 other types to meet the needs of the new industy requirements. so they will still get their market transaction isk sink and still present hauler traffic to the gankers at the hubs. OR join a mega alliance and become mindless drones

3 Likes

Oh bo hoo. You might have to take on a tiny amount of risk in a hauler. Cry me a river if that’s your threshold of risk.

its not about the tiny amount of risk. its about making industry a painful process that now requires multiple fuel blocks while CCP is starving our primary systems of ICE. its just stupid for no reason

3 Likes

No it doesn’t, I have a lot of friends in Eve and it’s gotten to the point where I make alts so I can do stuff other than interact, the people I do want to talk to are in other time zones, and the ones I don’t want to talk to never ever shut up. I have a tiny corp of one so I don’t have to have a corp chat window up, don’t have to deal with other people’s standards, rules, or invasions of my privacy via that thing that let’s them look in my hangers. I like playing solo, and there’s not a dammed thing someone else’s idea of how I should play Eve is going to change that. It’s a “sandbox” I can do what ever I want unless CCP changes someth… Oh…
Right, I almost forgot.

7 Likes

CCP’s analysis disagrees.

“You’re entire statement about a very general topic supported by empirical data is wrong because of my own anecdotal exception.”

You should be, and are, free to be asocial and play solo in your 1 man corp.

That’s not entirely true. Sandboxes have frames. Those frames are boundaries. They hold in the sand.

First of all CCP’s analysis is suspect, they lose far more players than they retain. And that’s just one tiny bit of it.
Second, I’m not asocial, I’m playing a videogame where the bulk of my interactions with other players is them trying to kill me. I’m not playing facebook in space.
As far as it goes what I said is a generalization, but one based on the people I do choose to interact with outside of the fighting side of things. With almost no exceptions the people I talk to are in either very small corporations or in the case of the ones who aren’t are off by them selves doing their own stuff most of the time. In not interested in sitting in a chatroom, there are other tools for that and have been for a very long time,float of them work better.
The only reason I keep any chat windows up when I’m in space is so I can see what’s happening in local chat, not for the conversation but for it’s tactical usefulness. Though it would be nice to be able to use it to kill spammers, that would be peachy.
The sandbox comment was obnoxious (on my part, not yours), Eve is not a sandbox and I’m not sure if ever was. It is nothing but the frame as near as I can tell. In the short time I have been playing I have watched a number of things get changed by CCP that forced people in some direction of another, in many cases right out of the game. Open Simulator, while not exactly a game is a sandbox, Eve is not. Telling people it is and that they can “do as they like” and then making rules and changes to prevent them from being able to do so removes the sandbox concept rather quickly, add to that the more recent “pay to advance” crap and it kills it completely.
The only asocial thing in Eve is CCP encouraging actual scumbags to scam new people, some of the scumbags are actually far more chatty than CCP themselves. You can even ask them questions about why they scammed you and get an answer.
I’ve been in larger corporations, I didn’t like being told what to do, what I could and couldn’t fly, where I could and couldn’t go and so on. I left in less than two months and never looked for another.
I’m not alone in this by any stretch of the imagination, there are a lot of people playing Eve who don’t want or need a crutch to do stuff and want to accomplish stuff on their own and not be carried by a bunch of other people. I just happen to be one of them.

3 Likes

okay, that’s a big misconception here.
Sandbox tells you that the game does not provide you with any goal.
There are mechanism in place. Otherwise there is no game.

Just because you can only see one goal in the game ( “be rich”) does not mean there is only this goal.

You are mistaken. all plans are well thought out. The ice was planned well.

Like pulling 0.0 belts out of a few systems. They clearly thought this out and the fact belts are a spawn points for rats was not an oversight. Nor was not redoing the metrics for system indices. since if there are no rats to belt rat…an index will take a hit.

end sarcasm.

I think that this has it own good and bad to it i think that this will 1 in turn make the ore prices go up sence there is still a large amount of ore that is gona be needed. But also i think at the same time that there will still be some kinda nerf that happens with it again later on down the line like everything els. Because people will still moan and groan about it.

This has no bearing on the validity of their analysis.

You described an asocial EVE Online play experience.

I’m not sure what the in-game chat channels feature has to do with this discussion.

Having restrictions doesn’t obviate EVE Online being a sandbox. If there were no rules or restrictions there wouldn’t even be a game; there’d be a void, as there’d be no boundaries and, therefore, no way to differentiate anything from anything else. It would be undifferentiated chaos.

I think the word you’re looking for is anti-social, and honestly, I would argue that scamming and such activities are not anti-social in the context of EVE Online because, while not nice, they fall completely within the realm of socially and legally accepted norms for the game.

Yeah so it sounds like you’re disagreeable and low in extraversion. That’s fine.

A “crutch”? That’s a really weird way of looking at cooperative play.

Removed an off topic post.

How’s the vacation going? Hardly anything for you to do lately? :wink: :rofl:

“I fundamentally disagree with every choice you’ve made regarding t1/faction subcap production.” -me

3 Likes

According to the new requirements for the tier 3 battlecruisers, the cost will come down. Since these battlecruisers (e.g. Talos, Tornado…) are primarily used in suicide ganking, this will change the economics of suiciding a freighter, orca and other targets. Was the intent to encourage this gameplay?

1 Like

I suspect it was an oversight that will be embraced as intentional. Catalysts should also drop in price. Thats assuming anyone can find basic minerals anywhere.

1 Like