A significant update to Industry

I got a feeling that there will be more minerals than we know what to do with them all.

CCp wants miners to get killed more to make everything more expensive for some reason

as if this is more fun?

2 Likes

From what I hear trig space is producing mins, but most everywhere else is dry.

Or to promote more use in out of empire ventures if I was to be nice to CCP. Some doctrines never really jumped on these en masse.

Its just ccp has never really been good at seeing all angles. So this will fail potentially and this is where it will lead. Like that massive overhaul several years back in tiericide.

Ohā€¦people are blowing off tier 1 and 2 BSā€™ for fleet pvp because of build costs. Noā€¦they were not good for fleet pvp by and large beyond niche use. Scorpion was for example the cheaper ECM thrill boat. Most still ran falcon to do it right. If a crew did use missile bsā€™, they ran ravens. and left the jams to falcons.

So at the end of tiericideā€¦rohk was still the fleet BS, raven was the pve BS and scorpion got a price hike to make it even less desirable to run. Come back to 2021 and some things have changed. Scorpion didnā€™t. You only see these as rattlesnakes in pve lol.

2 Likes

THIS IS IT! NO TURNING BACK, FOR GOOD OR FOR WORSE.

Good luck!

those are all changes? Thought there was more :stuck_out_tongue:

Are there any patch notes for indy changes? Can see items have updated in game but no notes on the updates page hmmā€¦

1 Like
  • Zero-Point Condensates have been added to all ammo blueprints.

That ā– ā– ā– ā–  better mean all trig and edencom not ALL like they say.

If you melt a t2 ship the mins no longer drop. Has that been a problematic source of minerals? People melting Kronos to get trit?? Even if it was, what happens to all the mins that went into the t1 hull that is a required building component for the t2 ship? Seriously, why is this a thing? What problem are you solving here?

2 Likes

Unless they stay docked all time it is a loss, because they do something in EVE universe like traveling, hauling, building, mining, trading, exploring, fighting or just dyingā€¦ so other players can interact with them.
They and their structure contribute to the flow of economy.
They also bring money to CCP to support the game.

When they quit there will be less people in the universe, less interaction, less money to CCP, more empty space filled with just bots and NPCs.

Is that what you wish for?

And where is a magical border where group is ā€œbig enoughā€ that they are entitled by you to stay and keep their Raitaru (11? 15? maybe 100?) or maybe they should use voice chat and this will suddenly make them good for a game? And what is a reason to use voice chat all time or for any daily in-game activities?

4 Likes

No; you should probably read - and respond to - the entirety of my statement.

It promotes corp cohesion and the creation of corp culture. This leads to people staying in their corps. This leads to player retention.

Iā€™m sorry if you donā€™t ā€œlikeā€ this stuff, but the health of the game is far more important than your weird solo play preferences.

It is but your unsubstantiated idea of a healthy game. It is but your rationalisation of CCPs actions, they did not state those were their goals for these changes.

You cant force people into corps. Up to half of the population in general are introverts, even more so in videogames. You can easily force people out of the game though. If youā€™re ok with losing half of your playerbase you are not the one to even mention health of the game.

9 Likes

I didnā€™t see any about Nugoeihuvi synth blue pill being updated along with the other synth combat boosters. Will they receive a retroactive update later to bring them up to 10% or higher?

1 Like

This is just pseudo-intellectual piffle.

I never said anything about forcing anyone to do anything.

Extroversion is a personality trait thatā€™s represented in the population on a normal distribution. Like all normal distributions, 68% of the population falls within 1 standard deviation of the mean. This is considered the ā€œtypicalā€ range for extroversion.

Also, you have to take into account the Online Disinhibition Effect. Just because someone is ā€œan introvertā€ in real life doesnā€™t mean they will behave in such a way online. In fact, studies show that many ā€œintrovertsā€ find they are able to function quite typically, and even be outgoing, online. Lots of introverts turn to the internet because it allows them to be extroverted without the associated anxiety and sensory overload.

Half? Please.

all they need to do to fix it, is swap that stupid burst range bonus for a 10% bonus to kinetic heavy, cruise, and torpedo damage per level, and add +1 launcher. Itā€™ll get comparable dps to other battleships (albeit kinetic locked like the drake) and people can run it how they want. Iā€™d like to see it topped off with a bigger drone bay tbh but thatā€™s just me.

1 Like

why are you posting this in an industry thread

Oh, I get it, everything you claim without evidence is true by definition. Anything anyone else say is piffle. Thatā€™s a convenient way to debate.

Intorversion is a personality trait thatā€™s represented in the population on a normal distribution. Oh wait :scream: Google Myers-Briggs Introverts Extroverts ratio/percentage.

6 Likes

hey ccp you forgot to update the nugoeihuvi synth blue pill booster when you did the synth booster changes

it used to be 5% vs. the normal 3% which is a good deal, but now itā€™s 5% vs the normal 6% which sucks

5 Likes

These changes are interesting, faction warfare ships requiring extra stuff hmm I wonder how this will effect things.

Was a 5x increase in nocxium requirement for a retriever intended?
You certainly are wanting to make life harder than it needs to beā€¦
Iā€™m not taking a 56mil mining ship into a 0.4 system just to mine nocxium, especially at 50-55 a rockā€¦
Iā€™m too much of a target as is.
And venture mining sucks.
Are you just trying to get low end potato folks to quit?
Because this might work for meā€¦
And Iā€™ll delete my stuff before I hand it to anyone else.

5 Likes