A significant update to Industry

Not really, by thinning out the ecosystem the game is more of a managed wildlife preserve, so now it will be an echo chamber, the same dreary corporations doing the same things over and over again while the DEVS are the park managers trying to chain a food animal to a post so that the predators can get the feeling of a hunt but really living in a box and pacing.

5 Likes

Weird take. Creative, but weird.

Fair enough, and yah, I actually agree on that (the sandbox stuff).
I donā€™t however have that goal (getting rich) I donā€™t really have a goal anymore, at this point Iā€™m mostly running amok and adapting to getting nerfed on a regular basis.
I had a number of them a while ago, but Iā€™ve learned not to set any real goals in Eve, they just get killed off and not by other players.

7 Likes

Cheers, but I meant the notes regarding changes to industry. The notes here only talk about a few changes, not related to the specifics in industry change. They link the old blog post about changes, but nothing on the major changes. Was expecting far more detailed notes.

Yep. Why I moved my orca to jita recently and wondering how much of a bubble I see build before sale lol. Price was looking nice at lunch considering I got her long ago when like 8 to 900 million.

As some have reported every gankers fave alpha machine nado gets even cheaper to build. And I realize I donā€™t fly it much I could take a billion profit on it and not complain.

I leaned to BR runs later in life. Smaller loads, but makes 10 system runs zippy. And I only lost these doing something stupid. Stopped being stupid, less ship loss, more actual profit. Magic really lol.

the update is generally interesting
will take many ISK out of the game again
small corporations will be destroyed again
if itā€™s not difficult for you, where in CE (in which systems) the gas appeared?

Iā€™m into industry. I want more challenges. Great update!

4 Likes

I would really love to see the Subscription numbers not just opinions. Said I was going to take a 90 day break in January. Looks like I will need another 90 days. I miss mining in high security. NOw why bother? Oh well. Thank you EVE for a great 11 years. I suspect people who have been used to flying higher end ships will not accept flying a frigate or cruiser. Mining barge to frigate NO TY!!! I refuse to pay a subscription fee along with buying plex. I can easily afford it. It is just the principle of it. Again thanks for 11 years EVE.

4 Likes

Because selling subcaps has never been more profitable for the small operator.

I really dont see where all this hyperbole from alleged small operators is coming from.

Unlessā€¦ gaspā€¦ they arent small at all?

Could it be true?

2 Likes

5, 7, 9, 10. This is Me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Wellā€¦ I guess this new situation is incentive enough to try alpha gameplay now. Can still have some fun without all the headache of the new industry.

Thereā€™s an expression ā€“ ā€˜ā€˜more trouble than itā€™s worthā€™ā€™. @CCP_Dopamine

3 Likes

Youā€™d be surprised. low sec and WHā€™s are where many 0.0 burnouts go when they need to step away a bit. There is a lot of fun to be had stepping away from being a F1 spam monkey in a BS.

Also despite the predicted doom and gloomā€¦I am pretty sure most of 0.0 will be able to cover BS SRP. Or will join the blue donut that can.

1 Like

Very well said.

4 Likes

T1 frig to bc sure. Not faction, and not bs.

I do faction ship production from bpcs I farm myself and mins I get off melting everything +hauler spawns. This is not good for me, and its not good for anyone that Flys faction hulls either. The only people it is actually good for are the people that have moons on lock and can afford to buy pi or bleed off braincells to do it themselves. Those people are definitely not ā€œsmall operatorsā€.

Right, so another section of people not clased as Small Operators, my point being it doesnt adversely affect small operators, just medium and large scale ones vOv

1 Like

You have trouble reading?

No more than you do, injecting in a conversation where you support my point then claim you dont vOv

1 Like

In any case you will have to wait a few months before you can continue making profit on t1 battleships. The prices on the extra mats, which ā€œyouā€ as a small time subcap builder canā€™t possibly produce solo unless you have multiple accounts (and not ā€œsmallā€ lol), will remain brutal for a long while - if trig ships are any reference, think at least a year. But hereā€™s the thing on this industry update. While I could understand, if I really wanted to, why there were changes to caps etc, I do not see the need to include t1 and faction battleships. People in the past have always enjoyed bs fights, while caps etc were for strategic purposes only until they became tactical umbrellas. Why make (t1) battleships that more complex to build hence that more expensive to use and lose ?

The whole thing reeks of desperation, to reduce the amount of isk in the game. The point where increasing complexity also improves interesting gameplay has been widely overstepped. Moreover, it is a typical sledgehammer slash cattle prodder approach in a sandbox that is slowly but steadily being subdivided by a simple raster, square pegs in square holes, this asteroid fits there, that gas cloud fits somewhere else. There are no racial differences anymore on the blueprints of t1 ships. Even the amounts of minerals are rounded up with nice zeros coz the kids have a hard time reading numbers ?

Not all changes are good, especially if they do not address problems at their core. What problems there were with battleships is anyoneā€™s guess at this moment. And it wonā€™t be ccp ratati who will tell us, if history is any indication. Itā€™s sad to say, but this is apprentice wizardry. And it will have serious repercussions on market and on gameplay. Of course this all happens on top of the biggest war this game has ever seen, a war whose effect on the market is probably sharply underestimated. While one side is trying to survive, hereā€™s also the opportunity for the other side - and especially its silent partners who arenā€™t that much involved - to gain yet another advantage economically and financially. They are the ones with the organizational power to shrug off these changes. For the rest of us, thatā€™s not the case.

7 Likes

I stopped making T1 Battleships months ago when the mineral changes made the market flex.

I was already prepared, though I didnt know it, for these changes.

CCP had long ago took my cap making capabilities away with the introduction of Cores, and tbh Ive found industry far more enjoyable.

1 Like

If you canā€™t make what you want to whats the point? You build t1 for profit? Itā€™s so thin. Youā€™re competing with mega coalitions. I build faction subs, and I make good on the ones I dont fly myself. This literally removes my existing ability to do a thing and replaces it with nothing. It is bad by every possible measure.

3 Likes