A significant update to Industry

Yes, so you acknowledge that T1 production was NOT “always meant to be simple”.

That’s exactly what I’m saying.

MOST
learn to read.

Nope, they don’t.
They require items that you can find on the market.

so what ? your enyos will required several days to build, faction items are in the span of hours

It’s always been the case. What are you complaining about ? That you made wrong choices BEFORE and now those choices are annoying ?

IIRC I have like 30 cynabals BPC and 5(not sure) gila BPC, plus rattler, machs, I don’t know they are all spread.
The reality is, I just don’t care. I wait for the dust to settle.
I knew The building price for faction would increase temporarily, but it’s just not worth the hassle to build them.

So EVERY time you want to change something, you need to change ALL LP stores.
No wonder you have a hard time accepting that change.

1 Like

Soo… unfortunately change is here

What was the reason making EVERYTHING MORE Expensive? (some ships cost now 2x to make)?

CCP did not provide ANY reason changing something that was working fine for over a decade in to something that looks like crap

I don’t understand why CCP try to make everything more expensive - making people more grind to fly than actually having fun flying stuff

4 Likes

I believe it be best to look a little deeper into Nullsec’s history, particularly what CCP thought would happen vs what players actually did. When that certain mining vessel gained the ability to do mining of its own on an industrial scale, once you get one, it didn’t take that long to get the minerals for 2, 3, 4, 10, 20? And the whole thing just snowballs from there.

What you may be seeing here is CCP’s latest serious attempt at attempting to get a handle on the proliferation of capital spam in nullsec which also ends up making a bunch of other items a pain to construct.

Nothing wrong with capitals in 0.0
Capitals should be main battle force in 0.0 conflicts - they do cost lots time to build and lots of minerals but CCP screw everyone

“player driven” economy they said lol, FU CCP

4 Likes

Player Driven, as opposed to Player Mapped … I suppose.

Yep. In their stead I would have opted to change only the faction battleship bpc’s, if those needed adjusting because of their isk value dropping.

1 Like

You still don’t get it… we could build them, now we cant. It isnt about the price. You literally can’t build one right now.

No… You literally can’t find them on the market. There were 0 of several in amarr. Couldn’t build it even if I wanted to.

I lost money on every enyo I ever built because of the price of these components that I literally can’t build for myself. They’re only relevant because now the same kind of ■■■■■■■■ has been added to the things I do build for myself and for profit. Again, I could build them and now I can’t. This is not the consequence of some choice I made.

Could not have said it better myself. It is a hassle.

That is the mechanic they created to control the flow of bpcs, which is still in btw. Between that and the drop rates you could control the supply rather easily. An intern could have the work done in a day.

They though making every faction sub require this bullshìt spiderweb of components would help with that?? Were talking about subs here. T1 battleships are not caps. Faction ships are not caps.

8 Likes

Faction subcaps are your complex steps here. You are just upset because you are used to thinking of them as your simple to build ships and now CCP have changed that. They have not introduced any new materials, nor do you have to play a clicky minigame at any stage of the process.

Faction frigates. Not T1 frigates. Stop thinking of Faction as T1 in your head. They have never been T1, it’s just they got into some stuff that T2 didn’t, but the meta level on faction is higher than the meta level on T2. So having some complexity in similar style to T2 is perfectly reasonable and consistent with the existing systems.

Not out of proportion if I look at the numbers. There was always a massive drop in player numbers an hour or so before the time used for the 20k current numbers. Yes, PCU is down from 2013, we all know that, but 0000 UTC has never been a peak play time, in 2013 it was about 60% of peak daily PCU, still similar ratio now.

They are between t1 and t2 in reality. In space they’re t1, and thats the critical measure for me. The level of hassle is not equitable with their value. Had they added something you dont have to own moons and, at least, a low sec refinery to build it would be a lot less of a problem. As it is this is absolutely crippling for the people that made their money on these ships.

One more thing:

*Updated the DED LP Store:
*Several items have had their costs lowered, while a few select items will see costs increase.

Clearly they haven’t lost the ability to edit lp stores.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting to be educated on the question I asked yesterday about how does scarcity solves inflation with money supply that is increasing, I awaits the brightest minds and enthusiastic supporters of this change to explain what does this achieve.

From what I can see, CCP is afraid and unable of driving away players who excels at generating insane amount of faucet in game, perhaps manually or with some assistive software. So instead of spending years unsuccessfully solving the problem at the root that the unbalanced ISK faucet/sink is causing, they are now trying to adapt to this uncontrollable (or unwilling to control) injection of isk, and CCP came up with some glitter-coated idea to artificially inflate a subset of the commodities to match the inflation.

Slap-on this bandaid approach and wrap it with much touted simpicity/progression, at the expense of the remaining entire Eve playerbase’s experience. Forcing a very certain playstyle to all players if they still want to achieve/enjoy the same thing they used to enjoy for since Eve started.

This change is basically CCP abandoning a particular group of players ( and I doubt this is 10% only, if some as before boldly claims the entire 90% population supported the change) and gives in to their long unachieved goal of brining inflation under control and say “The heck, we give up, we can see the irregular faucet but it’s PITA to address it, so let’s just jack up the overall price and give it some sugar coated names to it in the form of Dev Blog and in the name of for Simplicity and Meaningful!”, “let the players hunger for ISKies and we can sell more plex, let’s boldly advertise it with slogan such as Get Rich In Game Instantly, Buy Plex Now!!

Losses are not meaningful not because ships and fittings are too easy to make, but rather ISK are too easy to come by, hilariously instead of addressing the latter, let’s make the labours work harder so the Trillionaires pay for the same goods at a so called “fair rate” yet touting it as compensation and new opportunities for those “New Entrepreneurs”.

A good chunk of your new raw materials sources are very well controlled by cartels and rich powerful entities, there are no competition for the small guys, just like how moon goo were, CCP knows it’s not going to achieve free market type of competition, but they didn’t intended nor designed it to be that way, this was always in core, to ultimately serve only players of their interest may it be whatever CCP or the developers think they are gaining.

Throw visions out of the window, CCP is now adapting to a portion of its playerbase (whether they complain loudest, or easiest to milk or whatever), and this may be the cost that all other players need to bear as CCP is no longer in charge when they sold the company.

6 Likes

CCP has no meaningful ISK sink trading - moving ISK from player to player

It could be solved with simple and elegant change NPC commodity that will be requared for FuelBlock (same ide as it used to be in 2007 for POS fuel parts like robotics)
And adding some portion of NPC commodity to some BPC
Game need more NPC stuff to move ISK out of the game

Not the change to industry as they did it now

PLEX sale ingame still moves ISK from one player to another coz all PLEX bought for RealMoney

1 Like

1 Like

Hello my little green Troll 0/

Yes yes sure we all should just Buy more plex and game time to support wise CCP’s decisions

Support for what? Gankers buffs*? ■■■■■■ up economy? LoL
reduction of tankiness and buff of T2 close ammo dmg
And now yet another Ganker buff coz small hullsize T1 stuff got bit cheaper while everything else is much more expensive - without getting ANYTHING in return

Major nerfs that made me put all my alts offline
Rorq got at least 3-4 nerfs in past years (mining capability)
Supers got about same 3-4 nerfs (fighters sig and damage application / layout)
Titans MAJOR 2 nerfs (Bosonic and removal of antisubcap guns)
oh and ofc lovely cyno change

And now SUDDENLY for no reason ALL Capitals and specially SUPER-Capitals get HUUGE price bump
WITHOUT getting ANYTHING in return - WTF CCP?

So yes lets all support CCP and they give us less affordable ships above cruiser size and lovely fozzie-sov game mechanics that we all love and appreciate, lets support them for removing indestructible 0.0 stations (that were expensive to build if made my players - outposts)

All i have to say to CCP:

go F_U_C_K yourself CCP

5 Likes

You lost me at the caps thing man. Caps are supposed to be a pain in the ass to build, and costly. Subs… not so much. The rorq nerfs were only trying to put ■■■■ how it should’ve been in the first place. Once they nerfed the rocks to be so small as to be worthless to put a rorq on though thats should’ve been enough. Now we got no belts whatsoever and subs require moon mats, pi, and gas. Yay!

1 Like

It doesn’t. I suspect CCP is trying to make low end ships disposable. So cheap (relatively) and plentiful that players will be happy to get them blown-up in such numbers that mining and manufacture profits stay the same or increase.

No, these changes do just the opposite.

11 Likes

I predict a macro that will turn on a MWD as soon as the cloak drops, then recloak as soon as it is able to.

I foresee swarms of claws flying round null systems with no one able to scan fast enough to land something close enough to catch them.

I foresee botters breaking this novel defense within a week of release

I think that’s been well established now. Anyone who believes otherwise is being dishonest with themselves.

Lol, that thought is hilarious. I really want to see that. They gotta leave sometime though, and claws are not nullified.

They though making every faction sub require this bullshìt spiderweb of components would help with that?? Were talking about subs here. T1 battleships are not caps. Faction ships are not caps.

Yeah I have no idea what the end goal of this is supposed to be.

Nothing wrong with capitals in 0.0
Capitals should be main battle force in 0.0 conflicts - they do cost lots time to build and lots of minerals but CCP screw everyone

When CCP originally introduced capitals, they thought they made the requirements such that there would never be more than a dozen titans in the entire game at any one time. Basically, they were meant to be flagships that would be the linchpin of an alliance or fleet. CCP seriously underestimated how mental their playerbase is.

I’ve heard the theory that these updates are part of a grander scheme to avoid tranquility enduring the same fate as the Chinese server. In short, one group essentially conquered the entire server to the point where literally nobody else could play.

2 Likes

Either you’re taking the piss or you’re Rattati’s forum alt.

4 Likes