A significant update to Industry

just dont tell me that t1 ship building will require ANYTHING from triglavian space or i will finally drop my indy accounts altogether, i am so done with being herded into that crap.

13 Likes

It’s ridiculous that they allowed innocent null-sec industrial players to be griefed like this from the beginning. I can’t believe that it took them THIS LONG to correct this oversight. How are we supposed to produce ships that everyone uses for PvP if we have to constantly worry about AFK campers? Thank you CCP for FINALLY fixing this!

Now please work on increasing yields and income so that we can afford to actually PLEX our accounts, which the PvPers can already unfairly do without any problems.

2 Likes

and your pessimis isn’t going to work the way you think

Adding stuff to T1 battleship blueprints will be a disaster, In this age of scarcity you’re going to change industry in a big way. Eve online players hate change, is CCP trying to kill the game. Because from where I am sitting this is gonna go down like a 250 megaton nuke hitting a fourth of July celebration. Looking forward to seeing the pushback. I may even unsub for a time, the jury is out for lunch at this time. I Will be watching CCP you can count on it.

7 Likes

I like the changes, however the science skill requirements for the new components are problematic. Several months of new skill training requirements with potentially only a couple weeks to prepare. Training science skills is not interesting progression.

1 Like

You can just buy the skills. NBD.

1 Like

The playerbase need to move their ass out of their conform zone of making isk with low effort

7 Likes

Yes, so that when the “Age of plenty” returns, people will already be geared up to produce these items.

I really wish people would think about the long term gains we all will receive.

But as per usual, people moan about stagnation and lack of content so CCP try something new that will impact all aspects of the game and all characters.
Something that isnt an attempt at a quick fix to appease the whiners.
Something that forces players to change how they play the game.

“But we have always done it this way” << If you want to kill a game stick with that.

Change is good.

Change keeps things interesting.

I am pretty sure that the people who have been moaning, crying, whining, and flouncing since the roadmap was first announce will be either oddly silent or vocally praising CCP when the roadmap is complete.

9 Likes

As someone who has lived in null for the last 10 years, and j-space before that… no, it really doesn’t. Most of nullsec is garbage space and nobody gives a damn about it except to keep their enemies from moving in. It’s lovely that you think just because the ratting numbers up in the Bot Regions are high, ‘every system in null still has tremendous value’, but the bots would make the same kind of splash if they were in highsec. It’s just easier to script anoms than agent missions.

It’ll be fine.

I promise, they don’t care. They’ve already told their customers, on stream, from their Brand Manager ‘Go ahead, quit. You’ll be back.’

6 Likes

The high level skills are only needed for Titans and Supers from a cursory look at the spreadsheet and as neither are really profitable to build atm you probably have time to train it

1 Like
  1. Live within your means.
  2. I’ve made more money during resource scarcity than I did in my first 4 years of playing Eve combined. Maybe if you spent less time complaining and more time figuring out how you can benefit from changes, you could find similar success.
  3. Please put your garbage in the trash.
1 Like

Looks like I was mistaken on my first pass. Thank you!

1 Like

You’re assuming an “Age of Plenty” returns, for all we know this might be the norm with a few a few tweaks.

I’m not opposed to changing the way we build stuff and adding a bit more complexity, for example I’d happily take on a capital component style build process for sub caps. This new proposal is significantly more complex by requiring PI, reaction materials, gas etc just to build a single ship. The daft thing is you cant solo produce a Battleship in high sec with these changes, you are forced to either setup low sec/wh operations or rely on people shipping to empire.

Some change is good but equally some change is bad. Chopping an arm off is change, doesnt mean its good for you.

10 Likes

Well it is certainly interesting now that CCP has gone full bore to “throw bombs at the economy and see what happens” school of game design.

8 Likes

actually, yeah it does and its not even debatable.

CCP just wants to make Praxis the only t1 battleship in the game

2 Likes

They said that the update will be expanded to all T2 ships in the future.

Fair enough, though I was more thinking of the budding industrialists/miners that this update is supposedly geared towards. Their path forward has been impeded, not simplified.

You are raving mad.

1 Like

Which is a boost to transport and hauling, leading to more JF fuel required, leading to more production which requires more resources.

Depends on the size of hole you are trying to fit through.

Why would CCP want to do that? It’s in their interest that players can’t plex their accounts just by playing… because then players actually have to spend money which pays the bills at CCP.

7 Likes