A significant update to Industry

I don’t care.
You are not supposed to be able to play in total autarky. Deal with it.

1 Like

That matters.

Is that what I asked for? Did I say I want to build t2/t3 and all the fittings off straight mins I can easily obtain all by myself? No. Thats not what I said. I said t1 and faction subs should not have been changed. I said they dont affect capital proliferation. I said it erases abilities players have had for 18 years. I said it removes a significant portion of potential income from nomadic individuals and groups. All of which is 100% factually accurate.

Oh I am. See I get an assload of bpcs and can’t build them anymore, so they’re just rotting away in various stations across new eden. Thats what they’ll continue to do. Forever. Because I’d rather fly the damn ships than sell them anyway I’ll just deny the market my portion of the bpcs. Hell I even left one in space last night. Doing my part to show the value thats been created by these changes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These changes do not stop economic independence. They simply reduce the number of high-end industrial competitors.

4 Likes

Source pls. Also define total autarky. Is building Faction/navy frigate yourself autarky? What about T1 ships? T1 modules? Is building components for the market or anything for that matter yourself autarky?

CCP stated that autarky was not desirable but that was conserning big null entities and large scale industry. You are rationalising and pushing your “supposed” way, while CCP still keeps silent on the changes.

IMO ntopios is being resentfully sarcastic, can you people not see it?

2 Likes

what ?

I am not the one making the rules. Nor are you. Both our desires are not relevant to CCP.

yes, exactly.
CCP wants to reduce the amount of stuff you can do in autarky. You complain about that.

Saying that without a very good argument is ridiculous.
I see no argument against the change in your list that does not imply that you want to keep producing in autarky.

Maybe I misunderstood you. I just fail to notice any relevant issue.

I know, I have like 500 various faction/storyline BPC (including 30? cynabal BPC ) that I just don’t care about building.
Its not fun to put them on the market to be cut so I just don’t care about them. Good thing, they should not actually rot, unless I provide them with your tears :wink: .

What ? independence of what ? Autarky means you have an access to your resources without trade.

cf above.

rationalizing what ?
I just wrote what CCP told before.
and yes now it seems CCP does not want people to build caps, T2, T3, faction, and T1 BS in autarky.

so what ? so nothing.
very often there are thing that are not worth building/selling. If you WANT TO build and sell them anyhow, you just are an idiot.

This was already the case before. If you absolutely want to build and sell , say a heron, at jita buy, you could be at a loss.
It’s not “because CCP” . It’s the game, deal with it.

The “autarky” you describe never existed. The need for bringing in resources to engage in industry production from multiple sources has always existed. All high end industry individuals and groups have always had supply chains to bring in needed materials from trade hubs.

The new changes simply make those logistics more complicated, but does not create new behaviors.

Wormhole gases were needed for T3 ships/modules and they were bought/sold in trade hubs. Now they will be needed for a wider range of ships/components. The exact same behavior of hauling to from trade hubs remains unchanged.

Groups that engage in large scale industry are still able to produce whatever they want, with less competition, with slightly more complicated logistics.

Besides an increase in costs on larger ships, the overall meta of the game does not change.

7 Likes

So… it was worth building until they fùcked with it. More than that it was even possible. Don’t forget i was offering 2x jita buy, but I could offer you 1000x jita buy and you still couldn’t do it under the stipulated conditions. That task is impossible.

Your autarky argument is bullshìt and you know it. I’m talking straight up about hulls. Nothing else.

Where is the argument for it? What problem was being addressed? How is this supposed to fix it? See, the entire nature of how this came to be is ridiculous, and as such stands as a solid argument against it on its own.

Why not just build the things that cost what the things you cant afford to build cost when you could afford to build them?

Seems easy enough to me.

1 Like

Okay Anderson, let me get this on the level, and correct me if I’m wrong. You are of the opinion that no single player should have the capability of producing higher-end ships (or other items based on your current arguments) by themselves but instead must need the cooperation or transactions with another in order to achieve this goal.

3 Likes

A few in this thread may benefit from reading " I, Pencil", by Leonard E. Read.

2 Likes

Will never understand. That was a good read.

1 Like

It’s not my opinion, but CCP’s. My opinion is that few things changed.

1 Like

How is the base ore (r4) ? became more attractive? :clown_face:

You’re very adamant about whatever position you’re spouting out and don’t wish to clarify it. I guess if you’re going to be this way, I shall assume I’m just talking to another run-of-the-mill forum troll.

2 Likes

I clarified it.
You insulted me.

Whatever u write here doesn’t matter .The world will keep going forward . CCP sees the results got all the data and everything is going smooth .Enough with the cry babe staff , if u don’t like the changes move on play another game .Scarcity worked everyone got low income ships went up in prices so , everybody is happy with the new healthy economy eco system . CCP doesn’t read your cry babe comments.Keep up the good work CCP just plexed my 10 accounts for the year.

1 Like

I think there’s a certain amount of perspective missing from some of the posts here. So let me try and summarise the changes in pretty broad terms.

Faction ships and battleships need an amount of new components that need reactions to produce, so people will need to either buy these in or move a jump or two into lowsex to run reactions.

Capitals need a lot more new things, but broadly the same situation as above.

Most but not all of the input materials for these new things were relatively underused in the economy, and before this change was announced were extremely cheap to buy.

Some of the new materials come from exploration drops making these potentially a lot more valuable. HS and WH seem to be the prime places to get these drops.

So, in totality, there may be a few new things you need to buy if you plan on making faction ships or battleships. There are also new ways of making money producing these intermediate products if you are brave enough to jump into lowsex.

The only people who will be unable to continue their existing gameplay are those who build exclusively faction ships or battleships, who want to produce their own materials and who refuse to jump into lowsex to do so.

For those that fall into that category, I do feel bad for you. But I’m sorry to say that you are a vanishingly small proportion of the playerbase, so I doubt your outcry will lead to significant change. Sorry!

We all know that rattati

From a certain point of view, sure.

Oversimplify much? I’m balls deep in curse right now, but I dont have moons. Which is the first barrier gotta drop a bunch of athanors, fuel them, and mine the ■■■■. Then I’d have to drop an azbel. I’d also have to recruit miners, and pay, as well as protect them. Not to mention the expensive ass azbel I now have to fit, fuel, and protect. Then I still have to farm up the bpcs, no this is far from just jumping a few gates. You have to put down roots, and that is bad. Its not just bad though, its restrictive and funnels all faction production to the very same groups that control the t2 market. Its exceedingly bad for everyone who isn’t a part of one of those groups. People that refuse to jump into lowsec don’t even know what we’re talking about. Btw cruiser and up bpc are only available in low/null except in 4/10 sites. So literally almost everyone holding a useless bpc right now has jumped a lowsec gate or two.

2 Likes

So lemme run a few options past you to remove these impossible barriers that you have thrown up around yourself, as you seem to be aiming for the hardest and most expensive possible solution here.

1. Easy way. Buy the stuff you need, either from Jita/Perimeter or if you’ve got some sense through the various discord channels for doing so. Either the moon goo, or the finished products. Once the price settles, there will still be margin on builds from folks selling the products as no-one would build the prints if they can sell the products for a greater profit.

2. Put an alt in a mass-recruiting null block like Horde, train it to specifically run reactions, then use the alliance contracts to buy the goos and export the products to your main.

3. Speak to some like-minded capsuleers and form the Curse Construction Conglomerate, set up the moons and structures you need and hire in mercs to do the protection as needed.

4. Move your whole operation out of Curse and into an area where you can more productively run your moons, if you can’t do that where you are at. Shallow null might be a good idea, though you’ll need to scout out the right little pocket. I know a potentially good one from days gone by, though I’ve not visited in some time so could be a bust.

5. If farming up the prints is such a hassle, why bother? If this activity is no longer profitable, are there any others you could try instead?

Not sticking around any area that long, and don’t want to own, fuel, and defend structures. so no conglomerate for me. I’m definitely not paying mercs for defense, thats the only part of this whole suggestion that I do want to do myself.

Have you tried buying in products from market for t2 production? I have. It is consistently ~10% cheaper to just buy the hulls, even without accounting for the bpc you invented, the t1 hull, and your time spent hauling bullshìt around.

Getting the prints is easy, its just very time consuming. Nearly as much as say moon mining but vastly more active of a process. Thats the part that hasn’t changed and its still fine.